Options

Vicky Beckham at the Viva Forever premiere

Comments

• Options
    PotkettlePotkettle Posts: 2,302
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    icanboogie wrote: »
    As childish as I sound, I am a bit gutted that Victoria did not arrive with the girls.

Love the 4 of them together though.
    Yeah right while doing her miserable pose. It is only David with his arms around the boys. She must be a bundle of fun at home. I bet David can't wait to get home to see her happy face.:eek:
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,434
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    She was there to model and promote the plum jacket and white shirt from her clothing range rather than the Spice Girls musical, hence the forced oddness. She's on the catwalk, not celebrating the opening of a West End pop musical.

I think in my time on DS, I've defended every woman from Jade Goody to Samantha Brick but I've never found anything about VB that has made me want to defend her. Her rampant narcissism and relentless po-faced ambition, dimissal of her music career (apart from when it promotes her current career) just leave me absolutely cold. She's sprogged with a footballer and made a lot of money working hard with virtually no talent...which puts her on the same category as Jordan but with millionaire parents :eek::D as well as dragging her kids out every so often to remind us all what a wonderful family they are - which makes her a sort of stylish Peter Andre (and can hear FMs seething from here lol :D).

(Sorry Blondie..off on a slight tangent now :o )So many defence points that I read in forums make me laugh also. "She's a great mum" - how have you deciphered that when she's seemingly always in an airport and I've never, ever seen her with a baby bag? "She's left the Spice Girls behind" - clearly she hasn't - this year she's done nothing except Spice girls, Spice Girls, Spice Girls. I despised the way the Beckhams dominated the Olympics like unofficial royalty and I feel like the press are in a collective coma when it comes to the untouchable Beckhams..which feels very false now. And my personal favourite "You either get Victoria or you don't" - a sort of threat which implies that only intelligent people understand Victoria Beckham and if you don't your stupid. Saints alive.:rolleyes: They're vain, rude, wealth and power driven egotists. I find them quite depressing, joyless, dead-eyed and soulless and every week they give me a reason to reinforce that opinion. Meh.

Rant over :o

Much to agree with here and especially that comment -usually used by defenders of Gervais in particular - "that you either get (insert name) or you don't". It certainly didn't take long for somebody on here to use that quote:)
  • Options
    cantelpitcantelpit Posts: 403
    Forum Member
    why did Mel B feel the need to use the F word -it's a family show isn't it? I'd be really hacked off about it if my children were there
  • Options
    Tweacle Tart IITweacle Tart II Posts: 5,079
    Forum Member
    whatever54 wrote: »
    :D I know she's going for the edgy, serious fashion designer look but she looked quite silly IMO. Was alright outside but up on stage, hand on hip, jacket slung round shoulders and all the other girls in their dresses, she just looked very forced & odd.
    sootysoo wrote: »
    Maybe she's going for the tortured artist look (her art being, a fashion designer now?) and doesn't want to be seen as just one of the girls, messing about, being silly.
    She was there to model and promote the plum jacket and white shirt from her clothing range rather than the Spice Girls musical, hence the forced oddness. She's on the catwalk, not celebrating the opening of a West End pop musical.

I think I read somewhere that she's said she's created this "fashion designer" persona for herself (no really, she actually said that out loud :D ) but I wouldn't necessarily immediately think one of the rules was that you have to go around with a face like a smacked arse at all times. I'm sure I've seen Stella McCartney smile? Anyway, VB spent enough money having her dodgy teeth fixed - she should smile once in a while and actually show us this "great sense of humour" we're repeatedly told she's supposed to have :rolleyes:
    I think in my time on DS, I've defended every woman from Jade Goody to Samantha Brick but I've never found anything about VB that has made me want to defend her. Her rampant narcissism and relentless po-faced ambition, dimissal of her music career (apart from when it promotes her current career) just leave me absolutely cold. She's sprogged with a footballer and made a lot of money working hard with virtually no talent...which puts her on the same category as Jordan but with millionaire parents :eek::D as well as dragging her kids out every so often to remind us all what a wonderful family they are - which makes her a sort of stylish Peter Andre (and can hear FMs seething from here lol :D).

(Sorry Blondie..off on a slight tangent now :o )So many defence points that I read in forums make me laugh also. "She's a great mum" - how have you deciphered that when she's seemingly always in an airport and I've never, ever seen her with a baby bag? "She's left the Spice Girls behind" - clearly she hasn't - this year she's done nothing except Spice girls, Spice Girls, Spice Girls. I despised the way the Beckhams dominated the Olympics like unofficial royalty and I feel like the press are in a collective coma when it comes to the untouchable Beckhams..which feels very false now. And my personal favourite "You either get Victoria or you don't" - a sort of threat which implies that only intelligent people understand Victoria Beckham and if you don't your stupid. Saints alive.:rolleyes: They're vain, rude, wealth and power driven egotists. I find them quite depressing, joyless, dead-eyed and soulless and every week they give me a reason to reinforce that opinion. Meh.

Rant over :o

*stands and applauds that woman* :D
  • Options
    whatever54whatever54 Posts: 6,456
    Forum Member
    I think I read somewhere that she's said she's created this "fashion designer" persona for herself (no really, she actually said that out loud :D ) but I wouldn't necessarily immediately think one of the rules was that you have to go around with a face like a smacked arse at all times. I'm sure I've seen Stella McCartney smile? Anyway, VB spent enough money having her dodgy teeth fixed - she should smile once in a while and actually show us this "great sense of humour" we're repeatedly told she's supposed to have :rolleyes:
    haha I can well believe it:D
    I honestly start wondering if she has black teeth or something, she really doesn't want us to see them for some reason. Anyway at least we have Harper, what a cute little pudding she is:)
  • Options
    Forum Member
  • Options
    Forum Member
    whatever54 wrote: »
    Anyway at least we have Harper, what a cute little pudding she is:)

Oh, Harper is super cute - she looks very like Cruz - but seems to have inherited her mother's non smiling ways and I fear she won't be pudding like for long when mummy's eating disorder starts affecting her as well :(
  • Options
    Mrs de WinterMrs de Winter Posts: 2,867
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I feel bad for her, to be honest. I'm not a fan of VB at all (at all!), but there's no denying she is massively more famous and successful than the rest of the Spice Girls and I suspect she only turns up to events like this as a favour to the other girls. That said, if she's going to turn up at all I think she should just go for it and try to look like she's there because she wants to be.

It's like meeting up with your old friends from school and finding that none of them have grown up and moved on whilst you have. You might still hold some affection for them and occasionally enjoy reminiscing about the 'good old days', but you know that you have a different life these days.
  • Options
    Calamity-joCalamity-jo Posts: 794
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

I reckon she's going for the Anna Wintour look. She very rarely smiles and always looks like a sour faced old boot.
  • Options
    fifitrixibellefifitrixibelle Posts: 3,834
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    x_Toots_x wrote: »
    I agree with this. She's almost stuck between a rock and a hard place. She may want to move on but if she refuses to attend these things then she will get slated so she attends, reluctantly, and gets slated. She can't win.

I know that there are places I have worked where I wouldn't want to go back.

So then don't attend and don't sign up for stuff that you don't want to do, really very simple.
    If you do sign up then have the common decency to act professional, how rude and ignorant to all those that have parted with good money so she can line her pocket.

She is generally good for a laugh with her try hard desperation and clonking around in her 6" heels, dressed to ridiculous levels to take the kids to the park etc. However despite all the self deprecating "humour" we don't "get", she is a highly self absorbed woman, who actually thinks she is really something special and a cut above and only fit for hob knobbing with A-listers.The more I see of this miserable behaviour the more I see it as calculated attention seeking...and it works, so job well done to her, she got the limelight ;)
    She beats the attention seeking behaviour of the others hand down.
  • Options
    bookaddictbookaddict Posts: 2,806
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    bullman wrote: »
    Much to agree with here and especially that comment -usually used by defenders of Gervais in particular - "that you either get (insert name) or you don't". It certainly didn't take long for somebody on here to use that quote:)

I'm going slight OT here, but just wanted to say that I agree with you on this. I hate this suggestion that if you don't like someone, you just don't "get" them - implying that you are somehow not clever enough to understand what they're all about.
  • Options
    fitnessqueenfitnessqueen Posts: 5,185
    Forum Member
    lexi22 wrote: »
    I like VB, I do, and my default mode is to defend her on here for not smiling etc etc etc, but for the love of God, can she not just chill and have a laugh for one bloody evening?? Talk about pissing on everyone else's chips.

Feel the same way Lexi- have heard over and over again that she is a right laugh in private with a great sense of humour but find it hard to defend her when she has a face like a slapped a**e all the time.....
  • Options
    Millie MuppetMillie Muppet Posts: 6,853
    Forum Member
    First of all, *applause* for Daisy's post; I agree with every word wholeheartedly.

The way I see it, we're looking at a woman who is massively insecure and absolutely terrified by the prospect of letting the mask slip. I think bringing her whole family along last night showed just how scary (no pun intended :D) she would have found it, being forced to be back in the rather wacky, girl power limelight of old without anyone to hold her hand- literally.

Victoria knows that everything she does is scrutinised by the press. Every miniscule facial expression she makes is picked up by the flashes of the paparazzi, every gesture she makes is interpreted as having a deeper meaning, like the alleged 'non-hug' at the premiere last night (which, if you watch the video, is actually a load of bollocks)

That's why she never breaks into a smile, she always makes that ridiculous left-hand-to-face gesture to remind us all who she's married to, and she totes Harper around like her latest handbag. God forbid she should ever be seen in public doing anything spontaneous, slightly messy, (although it did make me laugh to imagine her mortification when Harper publicly threw up all over herself last year), or unscripted.

For reasons unbeknownst to most I suspect, this is a woman absolutely terrified of having a hair out of place; every time I see photos of her these days I reckon she's crying inside, and for that I feel a real sympathy. I think Brand Beckham is a prison of her making and the facade has become so great that soon she'll be as stiff and emotionless as the Queen, and possibly unable to walk anywhere in public, for fear of being seen to be remotely human.

The video of the Viva Forever press call spoke volumes to me; I have never seen anyone more uncomfortable and out of place, more focussed on maintaining a pout and model-esque pose, more unable to just let go and relax even just a little, and for that I feel really sorry for her. The way the other Spices seem to behave around her now is the way you behave around a friend who has some sort of agoraphobia or social anxiety; very cautiously.

I'm not defending her in any way, BTW- I'm not a fan either- but I guess I see things differently. Most on here see a stuck-up, vain moo who looks down on her previous life as a Spice Girl but I just see a woman who is really, really frightened. :(
  • Options
    lexi22lexi22 Posts: 16,394
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    First of all, *applause* for Daisy's post; I agree with every word wholeheartedly.

The way I see it, we're looking at a woman who is massively insecure and absolutely terrified by the prospect of letting the mask slip. I think bringing her whole family along last night showed just how scary (no pun intended :D) she would have found it, being forced to be back in the rather wacky, girl power limelight of old without anyone to hold her hand- literally.

<snip>

I'm not defending her in any way, BTW- I'm not a fan either- but I guess I see things differently. Most on here see a stuck-up, vain moo who looks down on her previous life as a Spice Girl but I just see a woman who is really, really frightened. :(

Millie, I think your interpretation of her is far closer to the reality. I get why she stretches people's patience, I really do, but I don't see her as deliberately calculated and contrived, more a bag of neurosis with a permanently defensive front.

On the occasions when she manages to get past that and relax, she has always come across as very normal, nice, funny and self-deprecating. And I do think what she's achieved independently fashion-wise is great.

PS. So there, Daisy B :p:D
  • Options
    fifitrixibellefifitrixibelle Posts: 3,834
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    [QUOTE=Calamity-jo;62928751]I reckon she's going for the Anna Wintour look. She very rarely smiles and always looks like a sour faced old boot.[/QUOTE]

Possibly.....but it's never going to happen. I personally think they are all a bunch of luvvies, but I don't recall the likes of A.W ever walking around with comedy grapefruits attached to the chest.
    'Class', I do believe is effortless, something you either have or you don't (I don't :p ) VB doesn't have it and never will and that's why she always looks like a try hard...because she is trying sooo hard.....
    True class doesn't need to have face like a slapped arse and the demeanour of a stroppy teenager, and true class would be professional and acknowledge where they came from in good grace or would respectfully decline.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,717
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Grimmy was on the radio this morning saying he was sat behind her last night and she looked like she was having a great time, singing along and laughing with her family...

Not sure why she looks so miserable to the outside world...
  • Options
    muddipawsmuddipaws Posts: 3,300
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Clearly she didnt want to be there nor did she want any part of it, and given the reviews one can understand why. however, you would have thought she would make an effort as i am sure if she was launching some product and needed her former colleagues support she would expect some sort of at least smile?
  • Options
    Daisy BennybootsDaisy Bennyboots Posts: 18,375
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    lexi22 wrote: »
    PS. So there, Daisy B :p:D

Ah, we can't agree on everything Lexi..we'd be weird...like...uh...Jedward:confused::D and there would be nothing to debate if we all had the same view. I believe everything the Beckhams do is caluculating to push forward the Brand and get the most exposure..and bingo!..It works....time and again. After all..who are we talking about here today....it's ain't Mel C..or even the musical itself. Posh - an immense talent for pulling attention away from other people (her bandmates, Olympians, Wimbledon players...you name it..in fact it should be know as the Brand Beckham Bulldozer) ;)

I'd love them to change my mind...but they never do. In fact, they're getting worse...even borderline passive aggressive sometimes. But good looking children and being a good footballer in the past seems to excuse them everything in the print media these days.
  • Options
    icanboogieicanboogie Posts: 770
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Potkettle wrote: »
    Yeah right while doing her miserable pose. It is only David with his arms around the boys. She must be a bundle of fun at home. I bet David can't wait to get home to see her happy face.:eek:

Not them 4! Moron
  • Options
    Forum Member

Victoria knows that everything she does is scrutinised by the press. Every miniscule facial expression she makes is picked up by the flashes of the paparazzi, every gesture she makes is interpreted as having a deeper meaning, like the alleged 'non-hug' at the premiere last night (which, if you watch the video, is actually a load of bollocks)

That's why she never breaks into a smile, she always makes that ridiculous left-hand-to-face gesture to remind us all who she's married to, and she totes Harper around like her latest handbag. God forbid she should ever be seen in public doing anything spontaneous, slightly messy, (although it did make me laugh to imagine her mortification when Harper publicly threw up all over herself last year), or unscripted.

For reasons unbeknownst to most I suspect, this is a woman absolutely terrified of having a hair out of place; every time I see photos of her these days I reckon she's crying inside, and for that I feel a real sympathy. I think Brand Beckham is a prison of her making and the facade has become so great that soon she'll be as stiff and emotionless as the Queen, and possibly unable to walk anywhere in public, for fear of being seen to be remotely human.

The video of the Viva Forever press call spoke volumes to me; I have never seen anyone more uncomfortable and out of place, more focussed on maintaining a pout and model-esque pose, more unable to just let go and relax even just a little, and for that I feel really sorry for her. The way the other Spices seem to behave around her now is the way you behave around a friend who has some sort of agoraphobia or social anxiety; very cautiously.

I think there's a lot of truth in that especially that effin hand gesture. She has put so much emphasis on being the woman that bagged David Beckham. Shame we all know he's shagging around with anything with a pulse according to the numerous blinds we read. She must know it too even if she refuses to admit it..
  • Options
    Saltydog1955Saltydog1955 Posts: 4,134
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think their whole marriage is based on the fact that together they bring in big business, and the love went out of it when he shagged Rebecca Loos.
    When they're on their own he looks fed up, and only looks happy when the kids are around. She looks desperate with the caressing of his face and whispering in his ear.

According to the Wail she went straight home, but my sis saw her actually eat something at the after show party, so she must have spent some time there. Ruddy Daily Wail fibbing again.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-2246851/The-Spice-Girls-celebrity-friends-party-Viva-Forever-premiere.html
  • Options
    Forum Member
    I think their whole marriage is based on the fact that together they bring in big business, and the love went out of it when he shagged Rebecca Loos.
    When they're on their own he looks fed up, and only looks happy when the kids are around. She looks desperate with the caressing of his face and whispering in his ear.

According to the Wail she went straight home, but my sis saw her actually eat something at the after show party, so she must have spent some time there. Ruddy Daily Wail fibbing again.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-2246851/The-Spice-Girls-celebrity-friends-party-Viva-Forever-premiere.html

Was that at the theatre though? It's likely there was a bit of a do there then the girls hopped in a taxi afterwards and went onto a club.
  • Options
    Saltydog1955Saltydog1955 Posts: 4,134
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Was that at the theatre though? It's likely there was a bit of a do there then the girls hopped in a taxi afterwards and went onto a club.

It says the after party was at the Supernova club, so presumably that's the place they went to. I'll try to find out from my sis or the friend she went with.
  • Options
    Calamity-joCalamity-jo Posts: 794
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I think there's a lot of truth in that especially that effin hand gesture. She has put so much emphasis on being the woman that bagged David Beckham. Shame we all know he's shagging around with anything with a pulse according to the numerous blinds we read. She must know it too even if she refuses to admit it..

Totally agree with these two posts. I've never been a fan, but I feel quite sorry for her. The way she insists on dragging him and the kids around to virtually every appearance she makes, to make her and DB look so in love and one big happy family - smacks of severe insecurity on her part to me. Methinks the lady doth protest too much.....:rolleyes:
  • Options
    Betty BritainBetty Britain Posts: 13,721
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    She made sure it was about her ... Knowing full well if she arrived with the others she would have to share the spotlight.. By being "late" she gets pictured alone..brand Beckham at its best