Liz Jones - YOU magazine (Part 3)

Comments

• sunstonesunstone Posts: 2,082
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    :eek: NOoooo.... There. Would. Be. Pictures.:eek:
    In the ubiquitous strappy black shoes,but at least the grimy trackie bottoms would be gone ..:eek::eek::D
  • Becky SharpeBecky Sharpe Posts: 669
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    sunstone wrote: »
    In the ubiquitous strappy black shoes,but at least the grimy trackie bottoms would be gone ..:eek::eek::D

That is true :eek:. But, imho, in the circumstances even the most fashionable DS posters would benefit from having a vat of brain bleach to hand. As the saying goes: "No one ever went broke underestimating the taste of the American public." ...or, in this case, underestimating just how low LJ's journalistic standards can go..
  • BellagioBellagio Posts: 3,249
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Have joined facebook and the harpies but have no idea how to post! I must be totally stupid but please advise.

PS I love the comments, usually a laugh out loud one most days x

1 - want to start a thread ? Write in the box marked "write something".

2 - want to comment on existing thread ? Click on 'comment'.

And enjoy. :D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    That is true :eek:. But, imho, in the circumstances even the most fashionable DS posters would benefit from having a vat of brain bleach to hand. As the saying goes: "No one ever went broke underestimating the taste of the American public." ...or, in this case, underestimating just how low LJ's journalistic standards can go..

Given the subject matter, I think I can be forgiven for misreading that as "the American pubic"... :rolleyes:
  • Paula PanzerPaula Panzer Posts: 297
    Forum Member
    *lures*

We are able to be much funnier there.
    And ruder......;)

Tempting... Maybe I shouldn't be such a dinosaur.
    Article on labiaplasty in todays Mail online.I am filled with dread that Liz with get the inevitable follow up piece.:eek:http://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/article-2178714/Wellcome-Trust-charity-releases-animated-film-explain-British-women-choosing-labiaplasty.html

OMG, I hope she doesn't. I am, however, happy to see that the comments I have read (not all of them, admittedly) seem to be unanimous in their condemnation of this procedure for all but genuine medical reasons.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Bellagio wrote: »
    Given the subject matter, I think I can be forgiven for misreading that as "the American pubic"... :rolleyes:
    All-purpose LJ headline :
    I don't work - I merely inflict myself upon the public.
    (to steal another quote: Robert Morley, this time :))
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    My money would be on Shona - if Monsieur Brick didn't own a shotgun...
  • DeliriumTremensDeliriumTremens Posts: 2,687
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Article on labiaplasty in todays Mail online.I am filled with dread that Liz with get the inevitable follow up piece.:eek:http://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/article-2178714/Wellcome-Trust-charity-releases-animated-film-explain-British-women-choosing-labiaplasty.html

That is such an evil thought! I do hope the DM editors haven't considered it. *is scared*
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Um...

Er......

Is it just me... or does the cartoon girlie in that video look uncomfortably like someone we all know and despise ? :eek:
  • sunstonesunstone Posts: 2,082
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Um...

Er......

Is it just me... or does the cartoon girlie in that video look uncomfortably like someone we all know and despise ? :eek:
    It does,that what put the thought in my head.:eek:
  • Paula PanzerPaula Panzer Posts: 297
    Forum Member
    Um...

Er......

Funnily enough that thought crossed my mind, too.
  • newbabynewbaby Posts: 824
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    That is such an evil thought! I do hope the DM editors haven't considered it. *is scared*

I feel queasy enough as it is. The thought: Edge. Tipped. Over.
  • cathrincathrin Posts: 4,968
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Tempting... Maybe I shouldn't be such a dinosaur.

:) I'm glad I'm not the only one! :) I've resisted the lure of FB for years, mainly because I already spend way too much time on the internet as it is....but all this talk of the coven group is definitely chipping away at my resolve... :)
  • vampyrevampyre Posts: 613
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Slither hither, the coven of harpies is calling you.............
  • morecowbellmorecowbell Posts: 1,491
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Um...

Er......

Oh my life. It DOES look like her! Now us vile women may have designer flaps to put on the ever growing personal shopping list. I wonder if hers are "butter soft" BLAHHHHHH brain bleach. NOW!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,980
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Oh my life. It DOES look like her! Now us vile women may have designer flaps to put on the ever growing personal shopping list. I wonder if hers are "butter soft" BLAHHHHHH brain bleach. NOW!

Blurp !

Just felt a little bit of vom come up then...
    Pass the Listerine:D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Then there'd be the new sideline of 'Vajazzle' fashion reviews.... :-(*)
    *rugby tackles Hot Dogg for the Listerine bottle*
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 251
    Forum Member
    What's it called - I'm on FB and I'd love to visit. (long time lurker, long term appreciator of this thread)
  • serenity2012serenity2012 Posts: 24
    Forum Member
    On a slightly different tack. The Lizard mentioned in last weeks diary that she was going to Paris to cover the couture fashion shows. The times had daily bulletins from their fashion correspondent but I don't recall any insightful articles from Liz.....does this mean she didn't go and wasn't bought an eye wateringly expensive engagement ring? Or in Liz world, did she leave him outside Cartier because a horse or dog died or the Mail needed that urgent column on "intimate" surgical procedures?
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 105
    Forum Member
    Please could someone help me find the facebook page with Bellagio that you are all talking about? I am already a Facebook member and I have tried several variations to find it but no joy. I REALLY want to join in! :D:D:D
  • vampyrevampyre Posts: 613
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    RegMonkey wrote: »
    What's it called - I'm on FB and I'd love to visit. (long time lurker, long term appreciator of this thread)
    KKofLK wrote: »
    Please could someone help me find the facebook page with Bellagio that you are all talking about? I am already a Facebook member and I have tried several variations to find it but no joy. I REALLY want to join in! :D:D:D

I've sent you both PM's to get you added to the coven. Look forward to seeing you.
    Anyone else who fancies an invite just holler at me or any other harpy.:D
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 105
    Forum Member
    vampyre wrote: »
    I've sent you both PM's to get you added to the coven. Look forward to seeing you.
    Anyone else who fancies an invite just holler at me or any other harpy.:D

Ah thanks so much vampyre!!! Going there straightaway! :D
  • DeliriumTremensDeliriumTremens Posts: 2,687
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    On a slightly different tack. The Lizard mentioned in last weeks diary that she was going to Paris to cover the couture fashion shows. The times had daily bulletins from their fashion correspondent but I don't recall any insightful articles from Liz.....does this mean she didn't go and wasn't bought an eye wateringly expensive engagement ring? Or in Liz world, did she leave him outside Cartier because a horse or dog died or the Mail needed that urgent column on "intimate" surgical procedures?

Oh you are right! I wonder if that will be here fashion piece for the weekend? Or is it delayed due to her not actually attending and having to read every other fashion journalists articles first before copying and pasting?
  • LilaethLilaeth Posts: 750
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    lotty27 wrote: »
    Oooh do you know him?! :eek:

But really, who does talk like that never mind former a rock star! :D

I used to, a very long time ago. Haven't spoken to him since a couple of chance meetings in the 80s. :)
This discussion has been closed.