Master thoughts...

2»

Comments

• Options
    BlomkvistBlomkvist Posts: 1,465
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Suranne Jones.

The master 'uploaded' his consciousness into the TARDIS.

And she's hot.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 141
    Forum Member
    Blomkvist wrote: »
    Suranne Jones.

The master 'uploaded' his consciousness into the TARDIS.

And she's hot.

Mmmmm...
  • Options
    November_RainNovember_Rain Posts: 9,145
    Forum Member
    thorterr wrote: »
    but how is the master going to reappear after his end in the end of time?

We never actually saw him being sent back to the Time War, did we?

He could have ended up anywhere.

And on that note I would like to see Timothy Dalton in the role. Yes, he's played already played Rassilon but that's not an issue. After all The Master is a serial body snatcher so there's potentially a simple explanation right away as to why he would suddenly look like him.
  • Options
    adams66adams66 Posts: 3,945
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    thorterr wrote: »
    but how is the master going to reappear after his end in the end of time?

It's never been a problem before...
    All we need is a simple line like - "So you did escape from... being a skeletor like loony, who then went even more bonkers, attacked Rassilon, and then presumably perished when you were sent back into the Time Lock along with all the other Time Lords, again. Probably. I think..."
  • Options
    BlomkvistBlomkvist Posts: 1,465
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    bobbit wrote: »
    Mmmmm...

That 'Mmmmm' means that you think that my idea is crap. :)

I was just trying to suggest something different.

How about Grace Jones with a sonic hula-hoop?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WdwEgzDNb2w
  • Options
    Glyn WGlyn W Posts: 5,819
    Forum Member
    Rik Mayall in Alan B'stard mode, a throwback to the suave villany of Roger Delgado.
  • Options
    Shawn_LunnShawn_Lunn Posts: 9,353
    Forum Member
    I think whoever gets cast as the Master (if Simm doesn't continue the role) will probably be close to Peter's age.
  • Options
    Dr2PatDr2Pat Posts: 420
    Forum Member
    I'm up for John Simm to be The Master again, but just one more time though.
    I've always pictured a scene kind of similar to the one in Last of the Time Lords where The Doctor and The Master have a confrontation on a sort of cliff top at the sea.
    They then have a fight then The Master actually goes over the edge.

The Doctor and companion(s) leave in the tardis, then in the last scene of the episode, it's at night, the bottom of the cliff, waves crashing against the rocks, and on the rocks we find The Master is still just barely alive, he struggles to stand up, and as he does he starts an evil laugh, suddenly he regenerates, still laughing with his back to us.
    We don't actually see who the new master is. Leave it open so that when he returns again we might see him before we realise he's The Master.

I do agree that Alan Rickman would be amazing, though I do wonder would it be too similar to Severus Snape?
  • Options
    saladfingers81saladfingers81 Posts: 11,301
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    John Simm deserves at least a final farewell. But I would be happy having him be the Master for years to come. That being unlikely give him a swansong. I cannot think of anyone right now. Some of the suggestions are good but a bit obvious...Rickman for instance...whereas DW does best when it casts the unexpected. I would like the Master to be back for Capaldis reign and for him to feature prominently. Give Simm one last go and then bam! New Master who is lurking out there and forms an arc for Twelves first 1-2 series. I am so done with the Daleks and Cybermen etc. The Master brings another dimension to the show and the sooner he is back the better.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 141
    Forum Member
    Blomkvist wrote: »
    That 'Mmmmm' means that you think that my idea is crap. :)

I was just trying to suggest something different.

How about Grace Jones with a sonic hula-hoop?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WdwEgzDNb2w

No... I like the idea...!!!

Grace Jones sorry no.
  • Options
    allen_whoallen_who Posts: 2,819
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Always thought Lee Boardman who played Jez Quigley in Corrie might be ok, if they go down the over the top Ainley route again.
    Even though John Simm is a good actor, didn't get his Master.
    Over the top in a wrong way.

Lee boardman ... good call. Very good actor and very scary in the bad guy role
  • Options
    Whovian1109Whovian1109 Posts: 1,812
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Not sure about Robert Lindsay, might be a little too comedic. On the other hand, I hate Alan Rickman (in the sense that I hate all the characters I've seen him play) so he'd be a brilliant Master that I'd love to hate (if any of that made any sense).
  • Options
    allen_whoallen_who Posts: 2,819
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    on a loosely connected note, wouln't be ace if Derek Jacobi was back as the master in a scene set during the time war...??
  • Options
    TRT1968TRT1968 Posts: 2,166
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Sean Penn.
  • Options
    cy_bonescy_bones Posts: 1,669
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    How about any of these?
    Neil Toynay
    James Stoker
    Leon Ny Taiy
  • Options
    hazelnuttwhikehazelnuttwhike Posts: 156
    Forum Member
    allen_who wrote: »
    on a loosely connected note, wouln't be ace if Derek Jacobi was back as the master in a scene set during the time war...??

I would LOVE to see Derek Jacobi play the Master opposite John Hurt's Doctor!

Also like the idea of Damien Molony as the Master (I wanted him to be 12 too!) But wonder what the dynamic would be between him and Capaldi. Interesting!
  • Options
    thorrthorr Posts: 2,153
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Pull2Open wrote: »

Hello to Jason Isaacs...!
  • Options
    TEDRTEDR Posts: 3,413
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Not sure about Robert Lindsay, might be a little too comedic.

It's only later in his career that he's retreated into a ghetto of undemanding comedy. E.g. his Hamlet was very well received, but it was well before the Internet age so it's difficult to find sources — that three commenters still remembered his as a great success more than 25 years after the fact over at The Guardian is amongst the most compelling evidence I can find.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 177
    Forum Member
    If they went for another younger Master, David Oakes would be excellent!