Options

New iPod Video in September?

12345679»

Comments

• Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 5,928
    Forum Member
    Yep. And Jobs put a letter out on their website saying anyone who's bought an iPhone gets a $100 apple store voucher.

they were going crazy about the price drop on the mac rumors forum, so now there are a lot of customers feeling better. some people have been getting a full $200 back.
  • Options
    SystemSystem Posts: 2,096,970
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yeah and I bet they're gonna get themselves the $100 as well.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 506
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Just ordered a 2nd gen 4GB nano for £79 :D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    gooner_1 wrote: »
    Just ordered a 2nd gen 4GB nano for £79 :D

where from?
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 219
    Forum Member
    In Currys today they had the 2nd Gen 4Gb Nanos down to £79 and the 8Gb Nano down to £109. I was tempted to get one myself but i am going to wait and get one of the new ones.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    In Currys today they had the 2nd Gen 4Gb Nanos down to £79 and the 8Gb Nano down to £109. I was tempted to get one myself but i am going to wait and get one of the new ones.

mmm...interesting....i'd quite like an old one.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 506
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    mmm...interesting....i'd quite like an old one.

Well I opted for the older version because it's £20 cheaper for the same capacity and I will never use the video function at all plus it looks nicer in my opinion :cool:
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    funny, if you go to page two, and look at the picture for the 5.5g iPod with video...it looks like the new shuffles. :D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    gooner_1 wrote: »
    Well I opted for the older version because it's £20 cheaper for the same capacity and I will never use the video function at all plus it looks nicer in my opinion :cool:

i think it looks nicer too. but i think i'll go and have a look at the new one in case it looks better in real life. if not, i'll get the older one.

actually i think the first generation nano looks better than the second generation one, but i doubt i could find a new one of those.
  • Options
    Adam DAdam D Posts: 5,124
    Forum Member
    I quite like the look of the new nano, but it looks kind of fat, Like a fake 'ipod video' you would get off of ebay from China.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    But it's nearly the same width as the old one. Just shorter.

Play with one and hold it and i'm sure you'll want one :D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    i take back what i said earlier about the new nano. i went to have a look today and it really is rather nice looking. a lot better in the hand than in photos.
  • Options
    Adam DAdam D Posts: 5,124
    Forum Member
    oo cant wait, i think i am going to get one in a month or so.
  • Options
    DarkestHourDarkestHour Posts: 1,380
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    With the completely new firmware on the iPods (cover flow, angled artwork, new font etc), does this mean that 30GB iPod 5th Gen users will receive an update that will add some features to it? Seeing as there's hardly any difference in spec between my 5th Gen iPod and the new "iPod Classics". Just a better battery life and bigger hard drive.

If not, new iPod for me when I save up some more, as they do look pretty cool. Think I'll pass on the touch screen, at least until ones with bigger hard drives come out (like they did with the 6GB Nano - released an 8GB a bit later on).
  • Options
    pumazoomapumazooma Posts: 1,067
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think the new ones run on a base of OSX whereas the old ones don't so no I can't see a firmware update to give you the new graphics.
  • Options
    russellellyrussellelly Posts: 11,689
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The new UI on the new Nanos/Classics is great other than the tilted album art on the Now Playing screen. Ugh.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 23
    Forum Member
    Comet: Price reductions, Must be trying to shift the stock before the new pod delivery... desparate!