It's going OFF on Twitter Rihanna vs Ciara .. wow

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 795
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    LOVE this and love Rihanna's straight talking attitude! Artists like Kesha try to hard to have a bad rep by constantly swearing in interviews and then there's artists who DON'T have a bad thibg to say about anyone. It's nice to see an artist with some actual personality.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,659
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    This show is edited dummies; after the fashion talk they obviously asked Ciara about Rihanna on a personal level and Ciara kept it real.

DEAD @ Laim.

Why should someone stay quiet; because Goat' has a few no.1 hits? They don't mean shit. At the end of they day, if ANYONE disrespects me, I'm gonna pull them up no matter who they are, and Ciara's the same.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,659
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    LOVE this and love Rihanna's straight talking attitude! Artists like Kesha try to hard to have a bad rep by constantly swearing in interviews and then there's artists who DON'T have a bad thibg to say about anyone. It's nice to see an artist with some actual personality.

Bitchiness equates to a bad personality, I'ld rather have non.
  • PADDY75PADDY75 Posts: 785
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    daviekay wrote: »
    At least Ciara's point was proved that Rihanna is not a nice person?

Judgemental much? One incident does not mean someone is not a nice person. I don't think anyone would enjoy being judged in such a harsh way.
  • Harry RedknappHarry Redknapp Posts: 4,422
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    haim100 wrote: »
    Who the heck does Ciara think she is arguing with the likes of Rihanna anyway? Rihanna is ssooooo out of her league. How many times has Ciara's label almost dropped her because of poor sales ? LOL.

The 'Ciara' camp on here make me laugh so much - so if you was insulted on TV to thousands of viewers, you wouldn't be p***ed off? Hummm...yeah I believe you! NOT!

Anyway at least Rihanna made her look like a total idiot on Twitter. You go girl!

Um never. Like ciara said Rigoatanna wouldn't want to see her on stage or off of it. How can she be an island girl and not be able to dance? Everyone knows how RIhanna got to where she is so she can sit down with her billboard forehead. Booking a billygoat on stage would be more value fOr mOney entertainment wise than riri would. At least cici can say that she can perform.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Um never. Like ciara said Rigoatanna wouldn't want to see her on stage or off of it. How can she be an island girl and not be able to dance? Everyone knows how RIhanna got to where she is so she can sit down with her billboard forehead. Booking a billygoat on stage would be more value fOr mOney entertainment wise than riri would. At least cici can say that she can perform.

Mr Redknapp, I didn't expect such an outburst from you. So mean. Lol. Honestly, if Ciara hadn't of publicly said what she did on that show none of this would be happening. As Ciara said she thought she and Rihanna were 'cool' and she felt slighted by her at a party. As a woman she should of called Rihanna or contacted her in someway and dealt with it privately. TBH Ciara mentioning stage shows when her career is in dire straits was not a good move. In fact she gifted Rihanna with her tweet comeback. As someone who likes both of them but with a preference for Rihanna, I truly hope they have seriously squashed this.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 40,102
    Forum Member
    Very professional of them both, I must say :yawn:
  • TheElfTheElf Posts: 2,376
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Some of Rihanna's comments were quite uncalled for. She shouldn't be picking on somebody else's career. I seem to remember her being in a similar situation to Ciara not so long ago & it could happen again, or to any star at any time.

Ciara is unfortunately in a position where her label are not supporting her, yet she's kept working & has managed to stick around after the initial hype died down. Not everybody can do this & I think Cici will be around for a good while to come.
  • big danbig dan Posts: 7,878
    Forum Member
    I like them both, and to be honest don't think either of them came off very well. Slanging matches on social networking sites are never classy.. do it in privacy!
  • Delicious11Delicious11 Posts: 1,406
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    nicmars wrote: »
    Rihanna can't sell an album or a concert in the US :rolleyes:

Which 'US' are you talking about? The last time I checked 3 month old "LOUD" was platinum in the US...whereas Ciara album barely made triple metal status with 37,000 copies to date.:cry:
  • Delicious11Delicious11 Posts: 1,406
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    TheElf wrote: »
    Some of Rihanna's comments were quite uncalled for. She shouldn't be picking on somebody else's career. I seem to remember her being in a similar situation to Ciara not so long ago & it could happen again, or to any star at any time.

Ciara is unfortunately in a position where her label are not supporting her, yet she's kept working & has managed to stick around after the initial hype died down. Not everybody can do this & I think Cici will be around for a good while to come.

When was Rihanna ever in a similar position to Ciara?
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 20,096
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Rihanna wasn't a big ''artist'' between the 2005 - 2006 era, but when was Def Jam ever going to drop her? I'd also agree with mary partrica on this. And Mr Rednapp, what do you refer to when you say ''Everyone knows how Rihanna got to where she is so she can sit down with her billboard forehead.''
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 777
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    And Mr Rednapp, what do you refer to when you say ''Everyone knows how Rihanna got to where she is so she can sit down with her billboard forehead.''

It's not really 'known' how Rihanna got into the music industry. She participated in that talent competition singing 'Hero' when she was fifteen but considering she's not all that talented at singing or dancing, how she transitioned to major label artist is confusing. Of course the poster is probably insinuating she got it through sex.

I like Rihanna and I think the shadier details of it are... interesting, so I'm not judging her.
  • TheElfTheElf Posts: 2,376
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    When was Rihanna ever in a similar position to Ciara?

Around the time of Umbrella, she was paying for the videos etc herself, like Ciara is now.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    xe2a2 wrote: »
    It's not really 'known' how Rihanna got into the music industry. She participated in that talent competition singing 'Hero' when she was fifteen but considering she's not all that talented at singing or dancing, how she transitioned to major label artist is confusing. Of course the poster is probably insinuating she got it through sex.

I like Rihanna and I think the shadier details of it are... interesting, so I'm not judging her.

According to wiki it says this:

In 2003, friends introduced Rihanna and her two bandmates to record producer Evan Rogers, who was vacationing in Barbados with his wife. The group auditioned for Rogers, who said that "the minute Rihanna walked into the room, it was like the other two girls didn't exist." While auditioning for Rogers, Rihanna sang Destiny's Child's cover of "Emotion".[23] Over the next year, Rihanna and her mom shuttled back and forth to Rogers' home in Stamford, Connecticut. Then, shortly after turning 16, she relocated in the United States and moved in with Rogers and his wife.[23] Carl Sturken helped her record a four-song demo,[26] which included the ballad "Last Time", a cover of Whitney Houston's hit "For the Love of You",[23] and what would become her first hit, "Pon de Replay", to send to various recording companies. It took a year to record the demos, because Rihanna was going to school and would only record during summer and Christmas school breaks.[23] Her demo made its way to Def Jam, which invited her to audition for the label's then-president, Jay-Z, who quickly signed her.[24][27]

Sure, RiRi isn't all that as a singer, however she's improved over the years IMO. And I'd rate her as a dancer. RiRi is re-inventive, which is one of the main reasons I like her and I don't think she got her record deal through sex at all. I think RiRi was simply in the right place at the right time.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,853
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    So Ciara says that Rihanna isn't a very nice person, and in retaliation Rihanna acts like a not very nice person on twitter? Smart.

This. RIhanna could never take criticism; if RIhanna was rude to Ciara she has every right to say it. She doesn't have to lick Rihanna's arse if she was rude to her.

Plus what Ciara said wasn't even bad, Rihanna's being very childish.

Plus IMO Ciara is 100x more talented. Singingwise they're probably equal but Ciara is an infinitely better performer and a fantastic dancer.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    xe2a2 wrote: »

I thought how Rihanna got into the industry was well known. She was introduced to rnb producer Evan Rogers who was on holiday in Barbados with his wife in 2003. She auditioned for him and he secured her a meeting/audtion with LA Reid and Jay Z (Def Jam). If people want to speculate on the more salacious gossip of why her etc then they can do that to just about any number artists female or male who 'make it'. The entertainment industry is incredibly shady and corrupt and so I don't doubt the casting couch approach to success is in existence. Whether this applies across the board and to specifically Rihanna, we can never know for sure. Though I would rather prefer to pay attention to the words of the guy that found her.

I thought Rihanna was a star from the moment she sang for me. She had a presence when she walked in to the room. Her voice was raw but distinctive - and she wanted this career more than anything. I signed her without any hesitation. A true star is obvious to me from the moment they walk into a room. I could never have predicted how huge she would become, but I always believed she was a star from day one.

- Evan Rogers

http://www.kuramamagazine.com/interview-evan-rogers-who-discovered-rihanna-shontelle
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,853
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    haim100 wrote: »
    Who the heck does Ciara think she is arguing with the likes of Rihanna anyway? Rihanna is ssooooo out of her league. How many times has Ciara's label almost dropped her because of poor sales ? LOL.

The 'Ciara' camp on here make me laugh so much - so if you was insulted on TV to thousands of viewers, you wouldn't be p***ed off? Hummm...yeah I believe you! NOT!

Anyway at least Rihanna made her look like a total idiot on Twitter. You go girl!

Didn't Ciara recently write a letter ASKING to be released by her label? Or more begging? So it's not really a negative, it'd be much better for her career if they did drop her, they're rubbish.

And Rihanna can't talk about 'booking a stage'; her success over here makes her look successful, but her US selling power is shocking. She's doing 8 dates in the whole of America (and hasn't sold out) is she not? :D
  • Mr. FahrenheitMr. Fahrenheit Posts: 9,911
    Forum Member
    snoopy10 wrote: »
    Didn't Ciara recently write a letter ASKING to be released by her label? Or more begging? So it's not really a negative, it'd be much better for her career if they did drop her, they're rubbish.

And Rihanna can't talk about 'booking a stage'; her success over here makes her look successful, but her US selling power is shocking. She's doing 8 dates in the whole of America (and hasn't sold out) is she not? :D

I agree.
    Rihanna's success is good, but it's built on the casual fan.

If you were to measure the hardcore fanbase of both artists, they'd be very similar.
  • CRMCRM Posts: 11,881
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    PADDY75 wrote: »
    I thought how Rihanna got into the industry was well known. She was introduced to rnb producer Evan Rogers who was on holiday in Barbados with his wife in 2003. She auditioned for him and he secured her a meeting/audtion with LA Reid and Jay Z (Def Jam). If people want to speculate on the more salacious gossip of why her etc then they can do that to just about any number artists female or male who 'make it'. The entertainment industry is incredibly shady and corrupt and so I don't doubt the casting couch approach to success is in existence. Whether this applies across the board and to specifically Rihanna, we can never know for sure. Though I would rather prefer to pay attention to the words of the guy that found her.

I thought Rihanna was a star from the moment she sang for me. She had a presence when she walked in to the room. Her voice was raw but distinctive - and she wanted this career more than anything. I signed her without any hesitation. A true star is obvious to me from the moment they walk into a room. I could never have predicted how huge she would become, but I always believed she was a star from day one.

- Evan Rogers

http://www.kuramamagazine.com/interview-evan-rogers-who-discovered-rihanna-shontelle

I'll translate Evan Rogers' words. He's basically saying "She gave me great head".
  • user1234567user1234567 Posts: 12,378
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    CRM wrote: »
    I'll translate Evan Rogers' words. He's basically saying "She gave me great head".
    She was 15. That's illegal.
  • haim100haim100 Posts: 627
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    CRM - That is disgusting and you should be embarrassed for having to stoop so low to try and prove a (obviously invalid) point.

The matter of the fact is, Ciara is and has never been, and probably never will be, as successful as Rihanna. But actually that's irrelevant to this twitter argument. I think it's clear that anyone putting somebody down on TV should EXPECT some sort of retaliation. Maybe Ciara was doing it in order to get some much needed publicity? And it worked.

http://www.mtv.co.uk/artists/rihanna/news/259919-rihanna-and-ciara-s-twitter-war
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Rihanna did 22 North Amercian dates for her GGGB tour, 27 for her Last Girl On Earth Tour and is doing 24 dates for her North Amercian part of her LOUD tour. Rihanna is more successful than CiCi in the sense she is an international artist - whereas CiCi is not so. Rihanna is doing 14 dates for the LOUD Tour in US, and 8 for Canada for her North Amercian part of the tour.
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Loud_Tour
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Last_Girl_on_Earth_Tour
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Good_Girl_Gone_Bad_Tour
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    She was 15. That's illegal.

Says more about the OP more than anything. I knew Rihanna had haters but now I really see it. Goes to show she's hitting her stride in fame and success. At least with twitter she gets to deal with some of these idiots herself..Love it when she does.