Options

Sky Special Offers for o2 Customers

13»

Comments

• Options
    spacepostmanspacepostman Posts: 774
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Checked my email and there's 3 messages from o2 customer services stating "Your Landline and Broadband are about to be disconnected".

I'll be SO pissed-off if they do cut-me off.
  • Options
    s2ks2k Posts: 7,421
    Forum Member
    Hilarious but annoying. Customer Service FAIL!!
    I believe this is what is known as a seamless transition of service :D Hopefully not an indication of things to come!

I haven't had that particular message yet but when I renewed with o2 I had 3 sets of welcome emails, a couple of text messages, about 5 adjustments to my bill and a jiffy bag for me to send the router back to them. Rang up to query it and the bloke had no idea why that had happened but reassured me I wont get billed £20 for not returning it, even offered me another one lol.
  • Options
    spacepostmanspacepostman Posts: 774
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    s2k wrote: »
    I believe this is what is known as a seamless transition of service :D Hopefully not an indication of things to come!

I haven't had that particular message yet but when I renewed with o2 I had 3 sets of welcome emails, a couple of text messages, about 5 adjustments to my bill and a jiffy bag for me to send the router back to them. Rang up to query it and the bloke had no idea why that had happened but reassured me I wont get billed £20 for not returning it, even offered me another one lol.

Yes hopefully this isn't a sign of things to come. o2's Broadband site is now pointing to Sky...

o2 don't seem to car about getting their old equipment back, I have a previous account with them and a DD screw up meant I had to open a new one - but they said they'd send a new router (even though I already had one) and the "jiffy bag" never came so now I have two o2 routers soon to be useless. I am sure I could flog them on eBay as they aren't hard to reconfigure.

The the new o2 routers are a bag of sh*te, my old one worked really well (I think IV) but the new one (I think it's version V) has such a poor signal it hardly stretches from the living room where it lives to my bedroom which is in a first floor flat, my old one covered the whole street. So I am hoping $ky will give me one of theirs.
  • Options
    mred2000mred2000 Posts: 10,050
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Checked my email and there's 3 messages from o2 customer services stating "Your Landline and Broadband are about to be disconnected".

I'll be SO pissed-off if they do cut-me off.

Both the O2 chap I first spoke to and then the SKY chap who sorted out the deal told me these emails and texts would be coming through but not to worry about them, they're automated and just the system responding to the transfer.
  • Options
    richytay1richytay1 Posts: 35
    Forum Member
    I've just been offered BB,TV,HD box all free when I take line rental @ 14.50/month. Anyone knows what'll happen if i want to upgrade to the sports? I wonder if they'll charge me the diference between entertainment extra and sport mix or if they'll whack me with the full charge which will be over £40/month.
  • Options
    mred2000mred2000 Posts: 10,050
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    From what I've read elsewhere you'll just pay the difference but worth checking. Also pay your line rental upfront and it reduces to 9.50.
  • Options
    wacky joewacky joe Posts: 1,971
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I took up the offer today.
    Will i have to change email address or keep using my o2 email after switch over.Does it take 2wks until switch over