Options

Worst advert on TV at the moment (Part 10)

Comments

• Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 12
    Forum Member
    What about the Postcode Lottery ad? Lots of folk happily cheering with their huge cheques, then about half way through some bloke cries out as if he's being disemboweled... it catches my ear every time, and not in a good way! :eek:
  • Options
    SuddenEliteSuddenElite Posts: 193
    Forum Member
    As I've mentioned a thousand times on these threads, I'm in TV advertising and I find it fascinating reading the feedback on ads here.
    Anyway, my point: I genuinely didn't think it was possible to Harvester to unearth a more annoying - not just annoying, genuinely off-putting - child actor than the little lad in the first advert. The kid with a lisp who kept saying "nice". (not his fault, sure he's a sound kid.)

But oh. my. goodness. Where in all the world have they found the "Piri piri... I'm allowed" girl - and who at JWT (think its one of theirs) decided it'd be a good idea to put her on screen?!

For the first time in a long time I'm hearing people saying they'd actively NOT go to Harvester because of this ad. One person I spoke to said it was though they knew the first kid was annoying and in a fit of hillarity purposely set out to annoy viewers even more.

I'll play the game on here then now (sorry for the rant!) My worst ads at the moment are:
    Harvester (girl and boy combo)
    ME? I'M GOING TO VENICE WITH THE GIRLS
    Older chap with lisp advertising British Seniors Insurance. I don't wanna think I'm about to drop dead thank you. Out with the grandkidsh one minute, paid for your own funeral the next. STOP IT!

For great ads, just wait 'til you see the Qatar Airways / Barcelona FC ad. Brilliant for football fans!
  • Options
    Jennell_SierakoJennell_Sierako Posts: 407
    Forum Member
    I'm still trying to explain why Life Insurance is only for when you're dead. As for Harvester, my oldest daughter and second son have made a mock ad where the kids get run over by a train followed by a message saying "I can walk on rail lines, I'm allowed".
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,028
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Following on from the horrible kids in the Harvester ads. For me, that small child in the Oreo ads, is right up there.

Eh...when you start earning money to pay for the fuc*in' biscuits, you can tell me how and when I should be eating them. Until then, wind your neck in, ya precocious little madam.

And relax!!
  • Options
    BellaRosaBellaRosa Posts: 36,549
    Forum Member
    The cheese string ad. So annoying :mad:
  • Options
    StaffsyeomanStaffsyeoman Posts: 613
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    BellaRosa wrote: »
    Maria.com :mad:

Don't disagree with you, in fact any of those gaming ads (especially the one where the couple forgo getting changed after work, or food, or drink, or.... intimacy to leap over the sofa to see if they can outbet each other on Accrington Stanley versus Crewe Academicals. Or somesuch.).

But when the guy appears in the Maria ad on a hobbyhorse shouting "AC-TOR"! I do crack up...
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 9,720
    Forum Member
    BBC iPlair
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 304
    Forum Member
    steveh31 wrote: »
    Basically they are saying that the man is a sad, pathetic individual for going looking for his lost cat, he has no life while the people buying the car are cool, people you would want to be or hang around with who do interesting things and have lots of friends.

Personally the advert makes me think the car company are arrogant and the people who drive it are too and I would not want to be associated with either.

Oh ok, well I and some others on here obviously don't study these adverts closely enough to work them out I guess and to be honest although I have seen the ad several times I still couldn't tell you what car it's advertising anyway.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,043
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    grimtales1 wrote: »
    Hate those annoying f*cking kids, it just shows chefs are bossy, mouthy twunts who think they know best :mad:

Ive seen one advertising a channel called TLC.

Ive never met the child but I absolutely hate the stupid child after watching the advert. Honey Boo Boo should of never been made. Not very often a advert comes on where I literally want to throttle the person in the ad but this one just takes the biscuit.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,544
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Ive never met the child but I absolutely hate the stupid child after watching the advert. Honey Boo Boo should of never been made. Not very often a advert comes on where I literally want to throttle the person in the ad but this one just takes the biscuit.

Honey Boo Boo is the worst thing the US have EVER forced upon us. She's a fat horrible little brat who gets away with murder.
  • Options
    woot_whoowoot_whoo Posts: 18,030
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Should have* (sorry, pet hate) but the TLC 'Honey Boo Boo' adverts are absolutely appalling. From the smug parent and child acting the fool for the camera to the horrid song playing over... eurgh.
  • Options
    grimtales1grimtales1 Posts: 46,695
    Forum Member
    Any parent who calls their child Honey Boo Boo should be locked up :(
  • Options
    Ed R.MarleyEd R.Marley Posts: 9,157
    Forum Member
    I'd like to nominate the advert for the Peugoet Crossover featuring one of the songs where you can't understand the lyrics. I can make out the first two lines, "Alabama, Arkansas,...", but then it totally loses me.
  • Options
    kezokezo Posts: 11,086
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I nominate all the sales ads ie DFS/Dreams .... its sales all year round ... give it a break!
  • Options
    GoCompareThisGoCompareThis Posts: 10,260
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    DFS flash event... PISS OFF! :mad:
  • Options
    goldberry1goldberry1 Posts: 2,699
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    i was just wondering if the advertising people realise that with some ads: the ones that get on your nerves - some people would go out of their way NOT to buy the item advertised.

We might notice the ad because it's loud and brash and thinks it's clever - but would we buy the goods - would we f***!
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 146
    Forum Member
    Originally Posted by lola_skye
    Has the secret escapes woman changed?
    EStaffs90 wrote: »
    No, that's still the same woman. She's soon going to start appearing in Holby City, which begs one question: is she going to be whispering on the wards?

Yes, she’ll be going up to patients and whisper in their ears...” You’ve got Cancer, but keep it to yourself."
  • Options
    vampirekvampirek Posts: 4,022
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    goldberry1 wrote: »
    i was just wondering if the advertising people realise that with some ads: the ones that get on your nerves - some people would go out of their way NOT to buy the item advertised.

We might notice the ad because it's loud and brash and thinks it's clever - but would we buy the goods - would we f***!

Do adverts even push people buying into a product? Always believed word of mouth and tried and test to more common for people buying a product rather than seeing some over the top advert.
  • Options
    IJoinedInMayIJoinedInMay Posts: 26,323
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Grouty wrote: »
    Just caught this stupid one for Beats Pill, i thought they were bloody vibros! :D

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qYq3V79wEGY

I hate that ad.

The Phileas Fogg ones aren't annoying but not funny either.
  • Options
    eveningstareveningstar Posts: 19,015
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The professional Irishman James Nesbitt telling us that if we want long lasting friendships we need to join a certain bank so we can text money to the friends we've been sponging off all week.

I can't remember which bank, I tend to hit mute whenever I hear his voice.
  • Options
    degsyhufcdegsyhufc Posts: 59,251
    Forum Member
    I'd like to nominate the advert for the Peugoet Crossover featuring one of the songs where you can't understand the lyrics. I can make out the first two lines, "Alabama, Arkansas,...", but then it totally loses me.
    Totally agree. It's a god awful song!
  • Options
    zsb37105qtyzzsb37105qtyz Posts: 1,488
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Filipo Berio - Hate it

Peugoet - I hear "I can baa my ma and pa" :D
  • Options
    valkayvalkay Posts: 15,726
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Cadbury Crispello, with that strange girl with a peculiar voice, singing about her boyfriends father and wants to see what's underneath.:confused::rolleyes:
  • Options
    steves lasssteves lass Posts: 475
    Forum Member
    One I don't think has been mentioned that drives me mad is the one for duplo lego and the awful voice "so many ways to play" AAARGH!!!
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,043
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    That bloody sexist Coke advert where the women just want to shag the bloke but instead roll a coke can while he mows the grass. That for one thing is a very dangerous thing to do if metal shattered all over him.
This discussion has been closed.