Options

Worst advert on TV at the moment (Part 10)

Comments

• Options
    kezokezo Posts: 11,086
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Argos ad featuring Furby 2.0 "Charlotte" .... I admit I do like this one compared to the Santa one recently

I can't stop laughing at the part one of them is putting "charlotte" back in the box and the father is going ballastic! :eek:
  • Options
    Rowan HedgeRowan Hedge Posts: 3,861
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    lectrospin wrote: »
    i think that's Michael Bublé one of the most popular singers worldwide

How on earth did that tone deaf tuneless Pratt become popular, must be a lot of deluded people out there.
  • Options
    IJoinedInMayIJoinedInMay Posts: 26,323
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think the M&S Christmas ad is worse than the John Lewis one.
  • Options
    elenaelena Posts: 14,359
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    There's another Lloyd's Bank monologue that's started doing the rounds.. This ones about some gormless sounding woman who gets a refund on a pair of jeans!

.. Thankfully, it's less irritating than the 'Leaving Home at 31' guy and Diner-Girl, but it's still pretty dire!
  • Options
    Ed R.MarleyEd R.Marley Posts: 9,159
    Forum Member
    How on earth did that tone deaf tuneless Pratt become popular, must be a lot of deluded people out there.

Mainly grannies and chubby women who watch This Morning.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 375
    Forum Member
    The trivago advert with the silly women rolling about in bed! Then bending over the balcony.
  • Options
    laineythenomadlaineythenomad Posts: 3,495
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Mainly grannies and chubby women who watch This Morning.

Well, at 59 I'm the age to be a granny but still waiting :D and I can't bear Buble. Give me AC/DC or Iron Maiden any day.

Here's another vote for the John Lewis ad and in particular that awful cover of my favourite Keane track. Major irritant!
  • Options
    plattyplatty Posts: 892
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    sarahj1986 wrote: »
    I'm really fed up with the Kindle Fire advert. The women who appears in the Amazon assist box freaks me out especially when she says at the end "Now get back to your friends" and pulls a funny face as she does it.....get off my TV!!!

Here's the American version of the ad

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=9o3Fopzz1j8
  • Options
    Sadly All SeeinSadly All Seein Posts: 842
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Here's another vote for the John Lewis ad and in particular that awful cover of my favourite Keane track. Major irritant!

Give me maiden any day.
    I must be the only person who hasn't seen this mythical John Lewis ad.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    platty wrote: »

Wow the cheese is strong with that one but without the far too common bossy woman trope in it I'd say better.

The way the Hindenburg crash was better for those passengers onboard than the titanic sinking was for its passengers.
  • Options
    sarahj1986sarahj1986 Posts: 11,305
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    platty wrote: »

I cannot access youtube at work......but I shall look at this later!
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,544
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Simple: His looks. That's the ONLY reason why everyone goes gaga over him, personally i find his voice annoying as hell
  • Options
    EStaffs90EStaffs90 Posts: 13,722
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    BT Sport - they only started this year, and they're seemingly bereft of ideas. Why else would they do a rip-off of that corridor scene from Inception (and, if you've seen it, you'll know which one I mean).
  • Options
    KMKYWAPKMKYWAP Posts: 1,769
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The Tesco Christmas advert is horrendous.

The prosthetics and actors are terrible.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 304
    Forum Member
    Back on again, I saw that ferrero rocher advert earlier with the girl singing something about put your your harps around me, what has harps got to do with those chocolates :confused:
  • Options
    k0213818k0213818 Posts: 5,916
    Forum Member
    Five words: "Dennis, we're off to Benidorm!"
  • Options
    eviled2010eviled2010 Posts: 23,083
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yet another twee little girly song for an ad about some sort of chocolate pudding called GU.

And Bloody Vorderman in yet another ad...this time pills that top up your vitamins when you are asleep! I wish she'd nod off and never wake up! :mad:
  • Options
    Durham ViperDurham Viper Posts: 567
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    pnp63 wrote: »
    Back on again, I saw that ferrero rocher advert earlier with the girl singing something about put your your harps around me, what has harps got to do with those chocolates :confused:

There must be loads of people on this thread who LOVE the Boots Invisible Hearing Aid ad because they obviously suffer from hearing problems and can't hear the adverts properly :p
  • Options
    GoCompareThisGoCompareThis Posts: 10,260
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Wonga - "I love cutting children's hair." Why the hell would you use a LOAN SHARK to fund a hair dresser?!:rolleyes:

Gu - A horribly twee song that makes my ears bleed! :mad:
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Ah wonga. It makes you miss the old ads with the "I'm so cockney it hurts" fat guy shouting WONGA! Through one corner of his mouth.
  • Options
    The_MothThe_Moth Posts: 7,751
    Forum Member
    What is the HTC advert at the car wash all about? Come to that what about the yacht covered in tin foil?
  • Options
    grimtales1grimtales1 Posts: 46,695
    Forum Member
    Coke advert with a twee girly voice singing I Cant Help Falling In Love

Elvis is spinning in his grave :mad: :(
  • Options
    rupert_pupkinrupert_pupkin Posts: 3,975
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Don't know if it's been said already, but the one where the guy in a fluorescent jacket goes in goal for England. It's the obvious green screen and the fact that he's smaller than he should be and him and the ball move in a weird way, how much would it have cost to hire that end of wembley for a few hours and get 100 extras to sit behind the goal and film it properly
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 375
    Forum Member
    What's with all these twe silly voices in adverts! Thank god for mute buttons!!!!
  • Options
    TracerTongTracerTong Posts: 3,787
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    k0213818 wrote: »
    Five words: "Dennis, we're off to Benidorm!"
    I really HATE this ad for this part!
    Even as I type this, I can hear that horrible wummin in my head!
This discussion has been closed.