CELT1987CELT1987 Posts: 12,358
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I enjoyed it.
  • Options
    brangdonbrangdon Posts: 14,110
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Better than the previous episode, but I found it a bit lazy. In previous seasons, the scenario would be relatively straight-forward and so the double entendres would be surprising. This episode was based around a crude scenario and the one-liners flowed from that, so it all seemed a bit easy and unimaginative.
  • Options
    hunter23hunter23 Posts: 3,097
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    is this the last series? definitely should be. it's been ok but definitely dragging on now
  • Options
    RodneyRodney Posts: 4,318
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    AA2009 wrote: »
    It was blatantly a body double. Not even worth debating.

Oh I don't know. It might be worth some sort of mass debate on here!!

30 mins of nob gags and a cross between The Young Ones and a Carry On movie. Quite bizzare for a primetime BBC1 sitcom in 2014 - even Mrs. Brown wouldn't stoop so low (or would she!)
  • Options
    WeetibixWeetibix Posts: 1,124
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    it really had me laughing out loud....a great episode. Crude at times but nothing wrong with that in my book. :D
  • Options
    GulftasticGulftastic Posts: 127,442
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Some people need to get a grip. It can be hard sometimes to watch half an hour of innuendo, but I thought they pulled it off.
  • Options
    fiveinabedfiveinabed Posts: 1,219
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Gulftastic wrote: »
    Some people need to get a grip. It can be hard sometimes to watch half an hour of innuendo, but I thought they pulled it off.

Hahahahaha, I saw what ya did there!
  • Options
    Sideburns57Sideburns57 Posts: 2,060
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I enjoyed it.
  • Options
    Sideburns57Sideburns57 Posts: 2,060
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    lealeeds wrote: »
    As soon as Bobby Ball "acts" it goes downhill.Whoever cast him

I too think that usually but it worked this week with Lucy's father there. Some good exchanges.
  • Options
    tinmantinman Posts: 3,938
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    If he cant get Tim back for next series then he should scrap it.
  • Options
    Sam_GlenSam_Glen Posts: 61
    Forum Member
    It's horrible to watch. Fan of Lee Mack back from his radio shows, but the writing/plot development is dreadful. Actors good (Bobby Ball makes me laugh more now than he ever did in the 80s which was never), production and writers shite.
  • Options
    oldhagoldhag Posts: 2,539
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    This week's episode very funny. I don't know why some of you didn't enjoy it, it seemed to me to back to its old style fast paced nob gags and it worked.
  • Options
    A.D.PA.D.P Posts: 10,385
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I actually wonder at times, how many people who write negative comments about a show gave actually watched it?

This weeks was very funny, now in my family there are people who do not like Lee Mack and say before it starts can't we have something else on? But then they were laughing the whole way through the show, Fridays was very funny, we do not have that many good comedies around, it's nice to have a lush and those who truly do not like it can turn over or turn off.
  • Options
    fiveinabedfiveinabed Posts: 1,219
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    As with previous episodes the storyline istotally contrived and unbelievable, and the speech patterns are unrealistic (nobody constantly talks in one-liners), but it always bloody makes me laugh out loud, over and over again.
  • Options
    roverboy1965roverboy1965 Posts: 1,679
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    fiveinabed wrote: »
    As with previous episodes the storyline istotally contrived and unbelievable, and the speech patterns are unrealistic (nobody constantly talks in one-liners), but it always bloody makes me laugh out loud, over and over again.

This ^. Me to.
  • Options
    Pea1Pea1 Posts: 383
    Forum Member
    I enjoyed it although I miss Tim in this series. I find the actress who plays Lucy very wooden, it's a shame Daisy hadn't been cast as Lucy as she's very funny and her timing is superb.
  • Options
    terlterl Posts: 167
    Forum Member
    loved it!
  • Options
    cris182cris182 Posts: 9,595
    Forum Member
    Pea1 wrote: »
    I enjoyed it although I miss Tim in this series. I find the actress who plays Lucy very wooden, it's a shame Daisy hadn't been cast as Lucy as she's very funny and her timing is superb.

Once you notice her 'remembering' her line it is very hard to not see it every time she speaks and it does distract
  • Options
    Joe19Joe19 Posts: 1,415
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I still enjoy it but it's missing Tim Vine an awful lot, watching repeats on Gold and Dave it shows how much Lee and Tim worked together, especially on ridiculous escapades. it doesn't happen any more obviously.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 823
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Best sit-com in years!
  • Options
    sheff71sheff71 Posts: 8,288
    Forum Member
    Really enjoyed Friday's episode :)

Only thing is though, I thought from reading comments on here, that we would be seeing more of Hugh Dennis - I think he's only been in one episode? It would've been interesting to see if Lee could get a rapport going with Hugh, along the lines of the Lee - Tim times.
  • Options
    BeachhhhhhhBeachhhhhhh Posts: 475
    Forum Member
    MostynDS wrote: »
    Best sit-com in years!

Love Lee mack and the show is very funny .
    All my family seem to enjoy it.
  • Options
    MmmbopMmmbop Posts: 924
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Bit late here I know, not seen episode three yet but thought episode two of this series was the best since Tim Vine has left. Really enjoyed it, and better than anything from the last series. Will watch the third episode this week at some point.
  • Options
    lundavralundavra Posts: 31,790
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    sheff71 wrote: »
    Really enjoyed Friday's episode :)

Ditto, I enjoyed it too. Never liked Tim Vine either as a comedian or actor so not missing him and I like Sally Bretton as Lucy. I am surprised no nerd has counted the number of double entendres on Friday yet!
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,877
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I still enjoy it, I thought I would miss Tim Vine's character but don't. I really is all about Lee and Lucy. Lee Mack is very funny, I saw him live recently and he was the best comedian I have seen live in years. He did reveal that this could very well be the final series of Not Going Out as he thinks he has taken it as far as it can go.