Options

Visual Disturbances

susanne fansusanne fan Posts: 1,080
Forum Member
✭✭✭
For the last week or so I've had trouble with my eye, my vision has got worse and I was diagnosed with severe migraine, over the weekend its not improved. Has anyone had migraine with no headache for over a week with no improvement. I am thinking it could be sinus related as I have hayfever. Any help would be appreciated?

Comments

• Options
    miss_astridmiss_astrid Posts: 1,808
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Go back to your GP and explain what's happening and that it's getting worse/not getting any better.

Also, book an appointment with your optician and get your eyes checked to be on the safe side. :)
  • Options
    susanne fansusanne fan Posts: 1,080
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Go back to your GP and explain what's happening and that it's getting worse/not getting any better.

Also, book an appointment with your optician and get your eyes checked to be on the safe side. :)

I'm booking a GP appointment tomorrow, its awkward because I've just started a new job and i'm off because I can't see
  • Options
    Ivory219Ivory219 Posts: 74
    Forum Member
    I've had migraines without pain but with visual disturbances, I think they are called Ocular Migraines but never for that long. Definitely go back to GP.
    Hope it goes soon, it's really not nice is it :(
  • Options
    Philip WalesPhilip Wales Posts: 6,373
    Forum Member
    When I get migraines (wish thankfully is only once every 2 years or so) it always starts with the vision. If I can catch it in time my tablets stop anything more. But usually my vision goes sometimes 2-3 hours before a headache.
  • Options
    ianxianx Posts: 9,190
    Forum Member
    I get scintillating scotoma from time to time. It's annoying, but never painful. and usually stops after about 30 minutes.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Scintillating_scotoma - that last picture , that's what it looks like for me when it happens.
  • Options
    cathh70cathh70 Posts: 4,011
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    ianx wrote: »
    I get scintillating scotoma from time to time. It's annoying, but never painful. and usually stops after about 30 minutes.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Scintillating_scotoma - that last picture , that's what it looks like for me when it happens.

Thanks for that link, I didn't know that it had a name, I just call it flashes. It normally goes away if I take tablets as soon as it start, I also get no pain.