Options

My faves always get discontinued!!!

cold tootsiescold tootsies Posts: 324
Forum Member
So grumpy about this :-(!

The latest of my faves to suffer this fate is the most amazing Chai Teabags. I love them :-(.

It ALWAYS happens to the food and drink I like! So unfair. I surely can't be the only person who liked these delicious products???????

Comments

• Options
    dellzinchtdellzincht Posts: 1,690
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    What brand? Tesco do a range of Chai teabags, I stocked up only last week.
  • Options
    cathh70cathh70 Posts: 3,994
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Pukka do a good range of chai
  • Options
    stud u likestud u like Posts: 42,100
    Forum Member
    Chai tea bags are everywhere by so many different tea providers. I use Twinings.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Twinings were the ones I loved :-(. They've changed the recipe and they're now called "Spicy Chai" and cost the same but for 5 less bags per box which are nowhere near as nice sadly.

I tried the Pukka ones and they are a good 2nd choice Cathh70 :-).
  • Options
    Forum Member
    The other (admittedly obscure) range of products which I LOVED and then suddenly disappeared off the shelves are:

1)Sainsbury's Chunky Paprika Squid :-(

2) Amy's Kitchen did an AMAZING pea & paneer plus channa dhal curry ready meal thing (surprisingly healthy) which Asda used to sell :-(

Hold your breath, I'm sure I'll be able to remember some other discontinued gems ...... ;-)
  • Options
    rjb101rjb101 Posts: 2,689
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

The latest of my faves to suffer this fate is the most amazing Chai Teabags. I love them :-(.

It ALWAYS happens to the food and drink I like! So unfair. I surely can't be the only person who liked these delicious products???????

It's a sign of getting old. It will get worse and spread to every area of stuff you buy. You loved that perfume - gone, Your favorite cosmetics - gone, Your favorite underwear - gone, or now strangely made out of itchy material.

And then there's anything that has a "New improved recipe" label on it. It wont be.

This is your future. It will piss you off :p
  • Options
    Vast_GirthVast_Girth Posts: 9,793
    Forum Member
    Mr Kipling Apple and Custard Pies
    Prawn cocktail flavour quavers
    Worcester Sauce wheat crunchies.

I miss you my friends.
  • Options
    katiso41katiso41 Posts: 1,562
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm gutted. I've just been told that Kelloggs have discontinued my favourite cereal, Honey Pops Pillows. My local asda were selling them off at £1 a few weeks ago. Wish I'd bought more at the time :-(
  • Options
    Mountain_RunnerMountain_Runner Posts: 1,927
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Same here. Sainsbury used to sell Root Beer but it was discontinued a few years back :( now I can't get root beer anywhere :( and its one of my favourite soft drinks.
  • Options
    Miss C. DeVilleMiss C. DeVille Posts: 6,042
    Forum Member
    Same here. Sainsbury used to sell Root Beer but it was discontinued a few years back :( now I can't get root beer anywhere :( and its one of my favourite soft drinks.

If you're really desperate for it you can get it on Amazon - http://www.amazon.co.uk/A-W-Root-Beer-24/dp/B000G2OWBU
  • Options
    chopsimchopsim Posts: 3,522
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Yuck! I tried it a couple of years ago because they were always drinking it on american programs. It just tasted like cough medicine.😞
  • Options
    wear thefoxhatwear thefoxhat Posts: 3,753
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I miss tomato Super Noodles and Batchelor's Rise And Shine powdered orange juice :(
  • Options
    stud u likestud u like Posts: 42,100
    Forum Member

You can buy root beer extract from Amazon or brewers shops and make your own.

Sodastream also do root beer.
  • Options
    Southern PrideSouthern Pride Posts: 302
    Forum Member
    Vast_Girth wrote: »
    Mr Kipling Apple and Custard Pies
    Prawn cocktail flavour quavers
    Worcester Sauce wheat crunchies.

I miss you my friends.

Totally agree with both the crisps. There have been many many limited edition crisp flavours come and go which i much prefer to the usual boring ones! Mostly curry ones admitedly!!

Also Sharwoods did a limited edition Bhut Jolokia curry sauce which was gorgeous. Gone!
    Pataks made beautiful vindaloo curry sauce and then a "new improved" version came along which isn't a patch on the original.
    I could rant on for ages on this subject!!
  • Options
    fast leftfast left Posts: 2,553
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    i still miss bovril crisps :cry:
  • Options
    fast leftfast left Posts: 2,553
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

try your local,if you're lucky to have one,chinese supermarket. they sometimes stock it :)