RF cable help

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2
Forum Member
Today I brought a master system 2 and megadrive 2 with hardly any cables as they were cheap. I'm now trying to figure out what cables I need it came with a rf cable that fits into the master system 2 but won't tune in, I gooled the rf cable which is a mk3088 and it says it's for the megadrive 1 does this Matter?

Comments

• BinaryDadBinaryDad Posts: 3,988
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Any co-ax cable will work, so the one that you've gotten with the MD should work just fine. It could be that the cable is broken though (not uncommon).

Can you get the Megadrive to tune in? If I remember rightly, they should be both on the same freq.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2
    Forum Member
    I don't have he rf cable to fit in the megadrive yet. I have a new TV not sure if I'm tuning in it right
  • BinaryDadBinaryDad Posts: 3,988
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    timmons wrote: »
    I don't have he rf cable to fit in the megadrive yet. I have a new TV not sure if I'm tuning in it right

Oh...it's a Megadrive 2...forgot those did away with the RF-out.

It could be that you've not tuned it correctly, but the old RF cables were pretty prone to breaking. If I remember rightly, they were pretty thin compared to a typical co-axial RF cable. Consider buying a replacement - they're not that expensive.
  • fastest fingerfastest finger Posts: 12,871
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Your TV needs an analogue tuner, but some new TVs are now digital only. If yours has both remember to select analogue. Frequency was always around UHF channel 36 if I remember correctly.