[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 121
Forum Member
MARCUS Tigers are dying out because they are bored and depressed
BEA All the worlds problems come from science fiction
Good to see education was not wasted on them

Comments

• linfranlinfran Posts: 5,607
    Forum Member
    I thought it was quite an interesting converstion myself.

I'd rather listen to that than see David deep throating jelly snakes.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 310
    Forum Member
    BOTH think they are extremely intelligent, yet demonstrate that they lack basic common sense and a lack of insight into how negatively they come across to most people.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 26
    Forum Member
    I wondered if Charlie left the conversation because he thought they were so wrong about what they were saying... or if his "education" is worse lol.

Tigers dying of boredoom? what about the impact of humans on them? forcing them out of places, others hunting them down, etc...

Science Fiction problems? erm, ok... if someone is obcessed with it, fair point, but it is a catalyst for the imagination which makes it possible to have the technology we have.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 10,848
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I can't really say if they are intelligent or thick but I do think that they are interesting... especially together. They have raised subjects that are foreign to the normal BB way of things. We hear plenty of talk about "magazine deals" and the like but it's boring to us and self serving to them.

Conversations like the ones Bea and Marcus have are the ones that get people talking and thinking... I much prefer them to David's "He's disrespectful Lisa, I don't know why" :yawn:
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 542
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I thought bea was but she has blown it now. At the moment most of the hm's just want a rest form the tension and arguments. But she is still targeting people that want no part of the conflict. She is not reading the mood of the house and is carrying on with her own agenda.

After a great start she being a fool.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 509
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Marcus - no.

Bea - yes.

She can back up what she says, he can't.
  • What name??What name?? Posts: 26,623
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    BOTH think they are extremely intelligent, yet demonstrate that they lack basic common sense and a lack of insight into how negatively they come across to most people.

Agreed. I’d also say they are both intelligent and knowledgeable in some areas but think also think they are experts in areas where their knowledge is superficial at best or they are just plain ignorant. In other words they think they know more than they do and end up sprouting a load of nonsese which makes them look dumb. But at least they show an interest in topics which is more than the bubble blowing ignorance lovers do.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 731
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Marcus is a lot more world wise than Bea and he does say things to take the piss sometimes. The tiger theory may be that most are in captivity now away from their natural environment. He could have really slaughtered Bea in that conversation but he held back because 1- Bea kept on talking and didn't let him say much. And if he said something that didn't fit with her world view she would say - oh i'm tired now, im getting confused, i need a cigarette, what i was saying is just a theory etc. OR she would come back with mainly rubbish or stuff everyone knows yet she thinks she is the sole possessor of that knowledge.

Bea doesn't know much from life at all. Its like the conversation she had the other night about how 'we' can all change the world by going abroad, doing charity work etc. Then Charlie asked her if she had done it and she said nO, i was thinking about it before university. And then asked her if she had applied to after university and she said no. She talks the talk but doesn't walk the walk. Does she know that Noirin actually did some of this stuff?

Then she is droning on about the lack of community these days, and grannie's dying at home and no-one notices until they see loads of pints of milk on their doorstep. Now i do see her point but the way she was talking about it and saying 'we' (all of society) takes responsibility off her own doorstep and places it on everyones. Also she tells this to Charlie as if he is gonna think, oh thats why my life is unhappy. By all accounts, Charlie is a very family oriented person and goes out of his way to help other people. Marcus as well. And the moon thing was ridiculous. All they had to do is hold the flag upright then run and take pictures, no gravity hence the flag doesnt droop. Simple as that. She thinks science fiction distracts from daily life. etc. Its all Daily Mail arguments. Though she kind of pretends to be a Guardian reader type.

The point is, she may seem intelligent but she is just full of either academic theories or the sitting around smoking joints all day lets change the world kind of way. She has no life intelligence to back it up. Which makes her stupid as far as i am concerned.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,703
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Marcus - no.

Bea - yes.

She can back up what she says, he can't.

What? Marcus shot down every thing she said. She was spouting some Guardian articles...he argued succesfully against them...

as for the tigers...there WAS an element of truth there...Tigers were dying out in the wild because of man (hunting, changes to environment, etc)..but in zoo`s, they WERE reducing in numbers due to depression/boredom. Thankfully, zoo`s wised up, changed the way tigers (and other animals) were kept...and numbers are on the rise again...
  • hilarybbfanhilarybbfan Posts: 1,438
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Marcus is very intelligent..

I get the feeling with Bea, that she had to study very hard to achieve her degree, I don't think she is naturally intelligent, because naturally intelligent people don't feel the need to put down others intelligence to feel intelligent themselves (i know i used the word too many times, lol!). Such as when she was in the kitchen with Freddie and made some kind of jibe against the other housemates that she couldn't talk to some of them because there was a lack of 'intelligent conversation', and she has said similar things to David which, you just wouldn't do if you were secure in yourself!!
  • HooknoseMcCallHooknoseMcCall Posts: 344
    Forum Member
    linfran wrote: »

Agreed. They are not thick at all. They are somewhat judgemental and narrow minded though IMHO and offer sweeping views based on scant factual information.
  • lulu glulu g Posts: 52,644
    Forum Member
    I'd say they are both intelligent, certainly in BB terms. That doesn't mean they are always right. I would far rather listen to them having an intelligent conversation on any of a variety of subjects, whether or not I agree with either of them, than be subjected to endless prattle about nothing but game plans, boob jobs, and magazine deals. :yawn:
  • trollfacetrollface Posts: 13,316
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    They're both intelligent. That doesn't make either of them informed, right or not able to hold silly beliefs. I think that, of the two, Marcus is both more intelligent and more informed.
  • VerenceVerence Posts: 104,587
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭

Exactly and one of them will go on Friday unless by some quirk of fate Lisa is on the ticket as well
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 7,962
    Forum Member
    trollface wrote: »
    They're both intelligent. That doesn't make either of them informed, right or not able to hold silly beliefs. I think that, of the two, Marcus is both more intelligent and more informed.

I agree & really like the way Marcus's mind works, while I do find Bea very preachy & narrow minded in many ways, this side of her may of course have changed, by the time she is Marcus's age.
  • kirstylouise666kirstylouise666 Posts: 6,959
    Forum Member
    I think they are both really intelligent, I think Bea is slightly more though. Marcus just says things and doesn't explain but Bea goes more into depth
  • TalTal Posts: 1,446
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Both of them have a degree of intelligence but it seems to me that they have selectively picked whatever statements/trivia they want/like the sound of without truly understanding the full context or surrounding arguments/explanations.
  • linmiclinmic Posts: 13,425
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Marcus thinks he knows it all but doesnt seem able to answer a question inteligently. Bea talks in scribbles.
  • JanisElizabethJanisElizabeth Posts: 12,112
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    harry890 wrote: »
    MARCUS Tigers are dying out because they are bored and depressed
    BEA All the worlds problems come from science fiction
    Good to see education was not wasted on them

I think Marcus is actually very intelligent. Unfortunately he is also deluded when it comes to his perception of his charm and attraction to women lol. Bea on the other hand - she's just thick!!
    Forum Member
    Verence wrote: »
    Exactly and one of them will go on Friday unless by some quirk of fate Lisa is on the ticket as well
    It's becoming increasingly possible that Lisa will survive against Bea anyway.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 492
    Forum Member
    They have different types of intelligence.

I believe Marcus has more firsthand experience and insight of the world. But I also believe it is a narrow and opinionated view. Does anyone else get the impression he's a bit of a Luddite? Someone resigned forever to fish & chips .!!.. :) - He is though, quite perceptive in terms of people and their actions.

Bea on the otherhand, gives the impression of insight. In terms of upbringing, she has all the facilities: money, opportunity and education. Unfortunately she is a waster, an underacheiver. She speaks in soundbites, pretending to pass it off as intelligence. Unfortunately there is no comeback or elaboration from her spoutings, it's all rather empty. I will admit that she is articulate and perceptive.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    It's becoming increasingly possible that Lisa will survive against Bea anyway.

We've waited too long for Lisa to be on the ticket for her not to be evicted
    Forum Member
    Verence wrote: »
    We've waited too long for Lisa to be on the ticket for her not to be evicted
    I hope you're right, but ... :o

The momentum has gone out of her negative bandwagon somewhat and such is Bea's ability to aggravate viewers, I feel that Lisa could achieve what hitherto has been inconceivable and survive.
  • Dilly DaydreamDilly Daydream Posts: 6,148
    Forum Member

I was enjoying their chat too. It was annoying me when they kept switching the cameras to the bedroom, just to see sleeping bodies or Charlie & Rodrigo giggling like schoolgirls.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    I hope you're right, but ... :o

The momentum has gone out of her negative bandwagon somewhat and such is Bea's ability to aggravate viewers, I feel that Lisa could achieve what hitherto has been inconceivable and survive.

Let's assume for a minute that this week's ticket is Bea vs Marcus and Marcus survives. As it stands the only person that Marcus could beat next week is Lisa. However given the fact that Team Dumb : The Next Generation have the numbers again (Lisa, David, Sophie and Hira) it's more likely that next week will be Marcus vs Freddie or Marcus vs Siavash and the week after that Freddie vs Siavash which is why this week may be the last chance we have to get rid of Lisa