Matt Cardle is a WET WEEKEND

CJWALKERCJWALKER Posts: 545
Forum Member
✭✭
Credit to the marvellous pithy_grimace who said EVERYTHING that neededto be said about the awful MATT CARDLE

BTW I'm a Katie fan

'I don't think anyone could suggest that he can't sing, but personally I find it a bit odd that his highly touchy fans can't quite appreciate why some of us find him unappealing.

Well, if people think there's something amiss with anyone not being charmed by the sight of a fully grown man inwardly trembling with his own vulnerability, scrunching himself into a little ball like a threatened kitten being menaced by a jack in the box, and squinting like an old woman whose dropped her false teeth in the rice pudding, then God speed you all.

Some people find him touching, emotional, able to speak to dolphins, etc, etc, some of us think he's a pussy. Some of us, whilst perfectly able to appreciate the fact he is technically very gifted, are left cold by the same old bloody thing week, after week, after week. There's only so much pained vulnerability I can personally stand watching before it comes across as irritating and more than a bit faked, designed to hoodwink those ovaries amongst us that may be going through a time of change. Maybe I'm wrong, maybe he goes and locks himself in a small dark box (it would explain why he has a complexion like pritt stick) and watches DVD's of Panda bears being shot in the face, and a montage of old women crying watching their allotments being tarmaced over whilst members of the production team whisper self confidence destroying psycho babble at him in his sleep.

If anyone could go and watch two hours worth of anyone collapsing on stage under the weight of their own introspection, confusing sentiment with emotion, and singing more or less the same song over and over and over, again, I wish you well.

But some of us don't get it. Some of us are left very cold, and see Matt not so much as a marvellous and credible artist, but detect a whiff of something decidedly corporate about him. If he was half as credible as some people say then he should have stuck with his band and avoided this shit heap of a program like anyone with any genuine pretence towards credibility certainly would have.'

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 18,013
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It's a bit early for me to read tirades of this word count. :yawn:
  • calamitycalamity Posts: 12,894
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    my head hurts:p Ill read it later though but Matt shone last night, what a performance ...well done Matt.
  • j0annej0anne Posts: 2,726
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    He can make me wet all weekend long... i think hes fab!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,301
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    CJWALKER wrote: »
    Credit to the marvellous pithy_grimace who said EVERYTHING that neededto be said about the awful MATT CARDLE

BTW I'm a Katie fan

'I don't think anyone could suggest that he can't sing, but personally I find it a bit odd that his highly touchy fans can't quite appreciate why some of us find him unappealing.

Well, if people think there's something amiss with anyone not being charmed by the sight of a fully grown man inwardly trembling with his own vulnerability, scrunching himself into a little ball like a threatened kitten being menaced by a jack in the box, and squinting like an old woman whose dropped her false teeth in the rice pudding, then God speed you all.

Some people find him touching, emotional, able to speak to dolphins, etc, etc, some of us think he's a pussy. Some of us, whilst perfectly able to appreciate the fact he is technically very gifted, are left cold by the same old bloody thing week, after week, after week. There's only so much pained vulnerability I can personally stand watching before it comes across as irritating and more than a bit faked, designed to hoodwink those ovaries amongst us that may be going through a time of change. Maybe I'm wrong, maybe he goes and locks himself in a small dark box (it would explain why he has a complexion like pritt stick) and watches DVD's of Panda bears being shot in the face, and a montage of old women crying watching their allotments being tarmaced over whilst members of the production team whisper self confidence destroying psycho babble at him in his sleep.

If anyone could go and watch two hours worth of anyone collapsing on stage under the weight of their own introspection, confusing sentiment with emotion, and singing more or less the same song over and over and over, again, I wish you well.

But some of us don't get it. Some of us are left very cold, and see Matt not so much as a marvellous and credible artist, but detect a whiff of something decidedly corporate about him. If he was half as credible as some people say then he should have stuck with his band and avoided this shit heap of a program like anyone with any genuine pretence towards credibility certainly would have.'

Wow, metaphor central.

I love Matt and hope he wins.
  • bossoftheworldbossoftheworld Posts: 4,941
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

BTW I'm a Katie fan

But some of us don't get it. Some of us are left very cold, and see Matt not so much as a marvellous and credible artist, but detect a whiff of something decidedly corporate about him. If he was half as credible as some people say then he should have stuck with his band and avoided this shit heap of a program like anyone with any genuine pretence towards credibility certainly would have
    .'

I totally agree (especially the last part).

I thought he was fantastic at first. Really really good.

But there's something about him that I don't 'get'. And that crap from Danni last night about how he told her why that song meant so much to him - what a load of old crap. If she/he wasn't willing to share the 'secret' why mention it.
  • wkdstepmotherwkdstepmother Posts: 6,563
    Forum Member
    I think he is amazing - not just on this show but all of his previous stuff BUT I can see why people don't like him. I struggle to understand how people can say he can't sing cos he patently can - but whether you like the noise is personal taste.

The following

Leona Lewis
    George Michael
    Mariah Carey
    Celine Dion

all technically fantastic singers - but no nothing for me at all
  • JaggedcatJaggedcat Posts: 3,161
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think he is amazing - not just on this show but all of his previous stuff BUT I can see why people don't like him. I struggle to understand how people can say he can't sing cos he patently can - but whether you like the noise is personal taste.

The following

Leona Lewis
    George Michael
    Mariah Carey
    Celine Dion

all technically fantastic singers - but no nothing for me at all

Personally from your list I love George Michael only as he can actually sing the song and it is believable.

the only technical brilliant if you like for me are Celine Dion and Mariah Carey.
  • LolWtfLolWtf Posts: 1,767
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I totally agree (especially the last part).

I thought he was fantastic at first. Really really good.

But there's something about him that I don't 'get'. And that crap from Danni last night about how he told her why that song meant so much to him - what a load of old crap. If she/he wasn't willing to share the 'secret' why mention it.

It was spoken about on Xtra Factor :p

Edit: Wrong thread wth :confused:
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 53,142
    Forum Member
    I don't get him or paije
  • Rosie RedRosie Red Posts: 8,441
    Forum Member
    How many threads do you need to start to tell us basically the same thing?
  • String9String9 Posts: 12,508
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    What I fail to understand is a few weeks ago Mary sang a song she did during the auditions and was given a lot of stick for it and called a one trick pony.

Matt last night sang a song he sang at boot camp and I'm guessing he has practised so many times and feels most comfortable singing and he is hailed as the next saviour.

Considering the fact that he struggled with his song last week and previous (apart from Britney, slowed down acoustic), doesn't it make him a one trick pony as well?

Also i'm guessing any album he releases in future will only consist of songs like the one he did last night.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,785
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    What have ovaries got to do with anything? :confused:

Matt was fantastic last night and long may it continue. :)
    Forum Member
    String9 wrote: »
    What I fail to understand is a few weeks ago Mary sang a song she did during the auditions and was given a lot of stick for it and called a one trick pony.

Matt last night sang a song he sang at boot camp and I'm guessing he has practised so many times and feels most comfortable singing and he is hailed as the next saviour.

Considering the fact that he struggled with his song last week and previous (apart from Britney, slowed down acoustic), doesn't it make him a one trick pony as well?

Also i'm guessing any album he releases in future will only consist of songs like the one he id last night.

I don't think Mary is a one-trick pony at all, and don't see why the contestants can't sing whatever they are comfortable with.

The people who are hailing Matt as the next saviour (slight exaggeration) are already his fans anyway.

And I still haven't heard him sing like he did in his amazing first audition, which proves he's not a one-trick pony, because that was his best performance by a country mile.
  • bokononbokonon Posts: 2,370
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    STOP PRESS: SINGER USES SONG TO CONVEY EMOTION.

At least the critique seems to have moved on from 'he cant sing' to 'OK, he can sing but his innate girliness is a threat to my towering masculinity.'

Progress of a kind I suppose.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 95
    Forum Member
    Just the fact that the opening poster is a Katie fan means the post has no credibility whatsoever. Katie could only wish to be in the league that Matt is in!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Rosie Red wrote: »
    I don't think Mary is a one-trick pony at all, and don't see why the contestants can't sing whatever they are comfortable with.
    The people who are hailing Matt as the next saviour (slight exaggeration) are already his fans anyway.

And I still haven't heard him sing like he did in his amazing first audition, which proves he's not a one-trick pony, because that was his best performance by a country mile.

Mary basically went down after that performance, Dannii was actually the first judge to mention it.
    Nothing wrong with singing songs you are comfortable with, but then when you struggle and find some songs too challenging and can only sing certain songs very well you are basically a one trick pony as well.
  • CJWALKERCJWALKER Posts: 545
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Hes supposedly 'nailing it' every week because hes beig constantly given the same style of song! Hes never been tested ala Mary

Shes being constantly taken out of her comfort zone and she gives it a go!

Its an illusion that Matt can sing anything, in reality he is a one trick pony
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Just the fact that the opening poster is a Katie fan means the post has no credibility whatsoever. Katie could only wish to be in the league that Matt is in!

Learn to accept criticisms all the acts get bashed on the forum especially Katie, you don't have to jump down people's throats every time Matt gets criticised.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 5,544
    Forum Member
    [QUOTE

Matt was fantastic last night and long may it continue. :)[/QUOTE]

i agree
    Forum Member
    Hes supposedly 'nailing it' every week because hes beig constantly given the same style of song! Hes never been tested ala Mary

Shes being constantly taken out of her comfort zone and she gives it a go!

Its an illusion that Matt can sing anything, in reality he is a one trick pony

He seems versatile to me. Every week his song has been of a different style - except that they keep chucking in falsetto. Doesn't need that imo.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 95
    Forum Member
    String9 wrote: »
    Learn to accept criticisms all the acts get bashed on the forum especially Katie, you don't have to jump down people's throats every time Matt gets criticised.

Firstly, this is my first post "defending" Matt. Secondly, Katie gets bashed because she's not as talented as she seems to think she is. I'm afraid my post wasn't opinion, it was fact. Perhaps you should learn to accept that!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,019
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Finally! Matt is very good, but I hate (a little like with Joe last year) that people can't accept that you don't thinks he's the God's greatest gift. So thanks, CJ Walker, much appreciated.
  • CJWALKERCJWALKER Posts: 545
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Firstly, this is my first post "defending" Matt. Secondly, Katie gets bashed because she's not as talented as she seems to think she is. I'm afraid my post wasn't opinion, it was fact. Perhaps you should learn to accept that!

The FACT that people have very different OPINIONS to you shows that That YOUR OPINION is just that, an opinion and not FACT
  • ghettoBLASTER!ghettoBLASTER! Posts: 5,220
    Forum Member
    lol how many threads has the OP started on Matt!!! someone is running scared!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Your post says a lot actually. :o