Options

New Nexus 7 Next Week

12345679»

Comments

• Options
    pi r squaredpi r squared Posts: 4,272
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Mine is on it way from Tesco's hopefully - £219 after usage of their coupon plus free delivery. Let us hope it does not perplex me!
    It shouldn't do. As a lifelong Android fan (Android's life, that is - not mine!) it pains me to say that the Nexus isn't quite as userfriendly as the iPads, but we're not talking by massive amounts - you should be fine!
  • Options
    Sideburns57Sideburns57 Posts: 2,060
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I know where there is help if I need it (I jest!). Cheers for the reassurance.
  • Options
    alanwarwicalanwarwic Posts: 28,396
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    justjax wrote: »
    Might wait for the likely mini iPad 2 with rumoured retina screen ..
    I now think it will have the same screen with a 64 bit chipset whilst the iPad Retina will have a faster 64 bit chipset.

I suppose they could reduce the current Mini to below £200 and have a £300 Retina Ipad Mini.
    What they do not want to do is undermine the current Retina iPad.

Their dilemma is that they are pigeon holing everything to have Pod(phone) and Pad brand apps. Its that pigeon holing that will make them stick with the small low resolution iPhone as long as possible.
  • Options
    MrSuperMrSuper Posts: 18,543
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    When i press the power button and switch the Nexus 7 on it takes around 5 seconds for it to power up, does anyone else's tablet do the same? How quick does yours switch on?
  • Options
    kidspudkidspud Posts: 18,341
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    alanwarwic wrote: »
    I now think it will have the same screen with a 64 bit chipset whilst the iPad Retina will have a faster 64 bit chipset.

I suppose they could reduce the current Mini to below £200 and have a £300 Retina Ipad Mini.
    What they do not want to do is undermine the current Retina iPad.

Their dilemma is that they are pigeon holing everything to have Pod(phone) and Pad brand apps. Its that pigeon holing that will make them stick with the small low resolution iPhone as long as possible.

What does this mean?

What is the dilemma?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    kidspud wrote: »
    What is the dilemma?
    You want more than what was hinted at already and in the '5C pre-orders' thread?

Competition creates loads of dilemmas. As does rigidity of long term thinking.
  • Options
    macharemachare Posts: 940
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    MrSuper wrote: »
    When i press the power button and switch the Nexus 7 on it takes around 5 seconds for it to power up, does anyone else's tablet do the same? How quick does yours switch on?
    If it is sleeping, it starts immediately. It takes about 3/4 of a minute to boot from cold.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    You want more than what was hinted at already and in the '5C pre-orders' thread?

Competition creates loads of dilemmas. As does rigidity of long term thinking.

I was sort of hoping you would explain what you meant by the vague comment. Obviously not that relevant.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    kidspud wrote: »
    I was sort of hoping
    You only ever have questions.

Cant you work some answers out for yourself.
    You could even have some fun and ask Siri.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    You only ever have questions.

Cant you work some answers out for yourself.
    You could even have some fun and ask Siri.

How can I answer when I'm trying to understand something you've said:confused:

I'll just assume it is just another one of your usual unfounded statements which you'll bring up again in a couple of weeks time.:)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    http://www.reuters.com/article/2013/10/02/us-apple-mini-suppliers-idUSBRE99104H20131002
    ""If they don't put in retina ... there will be howls," said Frank Gillett, an analyst with Forrester."

All because of the acclaim of the new Nexus 7 and so not this year?
    I'm not quite so sure about the howls. I was surprising to me, a success last year.
  • Options
    MrSuperMrSuper Posts: 18,543
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
  • Options
    Matt35Matt35 Posts: 30,132
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Was gonna get the BlackBerry playbook but looking at reviews of the nexu 7. Maybe I should get that but which would be better 16gb or 32 or should I go with the playbook?
  • Options
    LostFoolLostFool Posts: 90,659
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Matt35 wrote: »
    Was gonna get the BlackBerry playbook but looking at reviews of the nexu 7. Maybe I should get that but which would be better 16gb or 32 or should I go with the playbook?

I've got the BB Playbook at the 1st generation Nexus 7. The Nexus is better is every way imaginable and the Playbook has been exiled the my "cupboard of obsolete technology". There is no comparison between the Playbook and the 2013 Nexus.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    LostFool wrote: »
    I've got the BB Playbook at the 1st generation Nexus 7. The Nexus is better is every way imaginable and the Playbook has been exiled the my "cupboard of obsolete technology". There is no comparison between the Playbook and the 2013 Nexus.

Went into currys yesterday to see if they had the nexus. sales guy said no but showed me the samsung galaxy tab which was 179. It did look nice. Whether i`d get it or not is another matter.
  • Options
    LostFoolLostFool Posts: 90,659
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Matt35 wrote: »
    Went into currys yesterday to see if they had the nexus. sales guy said no but showed me the samsung galaxy tab which was 179. It did look nice. Whether i`d get it or not is another matter.

A comparison between the Nexus 7 and Galaxy Tab 3 http://www.gizmag.com/galaxy-tab-3-vs-nexus-7-2013/28479/
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    LostFool wrote: »
    A comparison between the Nexus 7 and Galaxy Tab 3 http://www.gizmag.com/galaxy-tab-3-vs-nexus-7-2013/28479/

Wasn't the 3 that showed me. Just the galaxy tab. 3 was dearer something like 300 although they give you 50 cashback.