documentary channels only

wacky joewacky joe Posts: 1,971
Forum Member
✭✭✭
Can u subscribe to the documentary channels only.
Ie discovery, crime,Nat go.
I am gonna downgrade the sports channels as the football is nearly finished and apart from documentary channels I don't watch much else.
Thanks

Comments

• TelevisionUserTelevisionUser Posts: 41,416
    Forum Member
    Nope, not under the current system (it was under the old pack system a few years ago). Today, you have to subscribe to at least the Variety bundle to get a good range of documentary channels: http://www.sky.com/products/sky-tv/variety-bundle/
  • PatrickBateman1PatrickBateman1 Posts: 924
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    wacky joe wrote: »
    I am gonna downgrade the sports channels as the football is nearly finished and apart from documentary channels I don't watch much else.
    Thanks

They haven't been documentary channels for a long time. They are full of reality nonsense and endless repeats. I remember a time when the documentary channels were a must. Not anymore.
  • JulesandSandJulesandSand Posts: 6,012
    Forum Member
    They haven't been documentary channels for a long time. They are full of reality nonsense and endless repeats. I remember a time when the documentary channels were a must. Not anymore.

Well said.
  • d'@ved'@ve Posts: 45,526
    Forum Member
    wacky joe wrote: »
    Thanks

As others have said, you are talking £30 a month to get them.

You really need to ditch Sky and get BT TV, TT TV or possibly VM, if you can... Most of the best documentary-type channels are on BT TV Entertainment pack which is currently £5 a month for new subscribers, or £7.50 after a year. Check out the other two, as well.
  • Sky_GuySky_Guy Posts: 6,859
    Forum Member
    Yesterday is an ok channel, and its on Freeview.