Options

A very very big gold star for our BBC

iceolaiceola Posts: 1,315
Forum Member
✭✭✭
At long last maybe our BBC is listening to its viewers.

BBC Points west local News failed to appear at 13:30pm ish on Friday 22 May 2015

What did we get? BBC Spotlight for the South West region

Thats fine by me,instead of what we use to get in the past (BBC London by default)

Comments

• Options
    mooxmoox Posts: 18,880
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    That's fairly normal. Down here in Cornwall we've had Points West when BBC Plymouth couldn't put out a bulletin. From what I remember, they even try to include some Devon and Cornwall specific stories

I think ITV does the same (but that's a lot easier because the Bristol and Devon/Cornwall programmes both come from the same studio in Bristol)
  • Options
    Ash_M1Ash_M1 Posts: 18,703
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    iceola wrote: »

BBC Points west local News failed to appear at 13:30pm ish on Friday 22 May 2015

Thats fine by me,instead of what we use to get in the past (BBC London by default)

Well done BBC. Just because we don't always get what we want, it doesn't mean Auntie isn't listening.
  • Options
    davelovesleedsdavelovesleeds Posts: 22,637
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Sometimes BBC Look North (Leeds) and BBC Look North (Hull) appear in each others slots when one of them can't make it on air for whatever reason and as said above try to incorporate some stories from the other region when this happens.
  • Options
    ftvftv Posts: 31,668
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I suspect what happened in Bristol was not in response to viewers' complaints but a technical problem:D
  • Options
    technologisttechnologist Posts: 13,383
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    This arrangement came in with the central coding and mux at DSO ....
    It means that the viewer gets a more relevant service if there is any reason why this local studio cannot go to air.....
    And there are other benefits ......
  • Options
    ftvftv Posts: 31,668
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Occasionally we get BBC South when the BBC London opt-out fails to materialise in Breakfast. More logically it should be BBC South East.
  • Options
    arunan22arunan22 Posts: 1,450
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Would hardly say this deserves a "very very big gold star" but hey credit where it's due I suppose (if people are happy!)
  • Options
    Westy2Westy2 Posts: 14,527
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Isnt Midlands Today & East Midlands Today supposed to cover for each other?
  • Options
    JordyDJordyD Posts: 4,007
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    iceola wrote: »

Does it really make any difference? You're still getting news that's not local either way. Thats why I hate local ITV news. You get news 100 miles plus away, and it's no interest to me whatsoever.
  • Options
    rfonzorfonzo Posts: 11,772
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I doubt the BBC listened to any complaints.
  • Options
    davidsevendavidseven Posts: 3,336
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    So we get Man falls off moped in Truro, instead of Man falls off moped in Bath. Er, OK.