Home & Away 2012 **CONTAINS SPOILERS**

Comments

• MishcollMishcoll Posts: 12,795
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Soap_Queen wrote: »
    I saw Esther Anderson in an interview about her going back to modelling and they were talking about Home and Away and she said she wasn't leaving any time soon !!!! :D
    Hopefull that mean she won't be leaving !!!!

I do hope this is right, I have invested 10 months in the Charlie/Brax relationship, they are the main reason I've continued to watch this last year and I would be gutted if Esther left.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 202
    Forum Member
    Me too, she seems popular, so hopefully Charlie won't leave, and the Home and Away producers would be stupid to let of of the most popular characters/relationships leave the show !!
  • Neighbours_FanNeighbours_Fan Posts: 7,511
    Forum Member
    I saw Esther Anderson in an interview about her going back to modelling and they were talking about Home and Away and she said she wasn't leaving any time soon !!!! :D
    Hopefull that mean she won't be leaving !!!!

Was it a recent interview?
  • TWSTWS Posts: 9,307
    Forum Member
    It will be blooming ridiculous if they make Bianca pregnant with Heaths child there really can be no going back for them as a couple now he's taken Aprils virginity, the writers have written themselves into a hole with that one if you ask me. I also think that even if heath was upset about bianca and liam, he does love bianca and would not have slept with april, i know his character is poorly written but that is a joke

Dont think Charlie will die Brax will bring her out of her coma through his love, corny and contrite but no doubt i will enjoy watching it anyway.
    Forum Member
    I think the inerview was recent because they talked about her going back to modelling (which is fairly recent)! I don't mind if its corny, as long as Charlie survives :D
  • BadRomanceBadRomance Posts: 8,690
    Forum Member
    TV Week confirmed on Monday that Esther has left the show. TV Week are the people who confirm or deny everything so it's a given that Charlie is leaving, and given the season finale I'd imagine it will be in a box.
  • dee123dee123 Posts: 46,195
    Forum Member
    She has to die or go into witness protection. The actors that play Brax, Ruby & Casey are still there so obviously their plans to move to the city have changed, the question is why?
    Forum Member
    dee123 wrote: »
    She has to die or go into witness protection. The actors that play Brax, Ruby & Casey are still there so obviously their plans to move to the city have changed, the question is why?

Because Charlie is dead?!
  • yourfabulousyourfabulous Posts: 1,067
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I read Esther is leaving but I didn't think they'd kill Charlie off...
    The promos/preview clips make it look like she dies, so that makes me think that she doesn't. :p
    Forum Member
    BadRomance wrote: »
    TV Week confirmed on Monday that Esther has left the show. TV Week are the people who confirm or deny everything so it's a given that Charlie is leaving, and given the season finale I'd imagine it will be in a box.

Was that in a magazine ? if it was or can be on the internet can you post a link, just so i can see for myself :'(
    Forum Member
    Was that in a magazine ? if it was or can be on the internet can you post a link, just so i can see for myself :'(

It's in TV Week magazine which is only avaialable in Australia. However, the article is scanned on backtothebay
    Forum Member
    Oh, ok thanks I will definitely be watching backtothebay tonight. I heard there was an interview with Esther Anderson, wouldn't she hint if she was leaving ?
  • TWSTWS Posts: 9,307
    Forum Member
    The last i heard was she was leaving temporarily to do some modelling, would prefer if she was going for it to be made permanent otherwise it makes a bit of a mockery of her and braxs' relationship, then we would have to go through it all again if she came back
    Forum Member
    Where did you hear that she was leaving temporarily ?? I hope she doesn't leave at all because her and Brax are great together, but if she does have to leave hopefully it won't be permanant !
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 101
    Forum Member
    Maybe she'll be in a coma for a while and then wake up and be a different person, like they did with Ailsa. Bit far-fetched but i like storylines like that.

Also, is it just me or has there not been maybe teasers about 2012 at all, other than the fact Charlie may or may not die.

This time last year, we were inundated with spoilers, but this year i have no idea of what's going to happen next season, which is nice in some ways but wouldn't mind a few teasers.
    Forum Member
    I would like to know whether she lives or dies, but other than that I don't mind. I really don't want her to leave but if she does I hope they don't do the coma thing when she wakes up and another actress is playing her ! That would be awful !!!!!
  • Jadelyn09Jadelyn09 Posts: 655
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Peter Phelps has joined the cast as Stu's father, Alan. (http://tvweek.ninemsn.com.au/Blog.aspx?blogentryid=965209&showcomments=true)
    Andy McPhee (father of Sianoa Smit-McPhee, who played Bree on Neighbours) has also joined the cast for six months.
  • selly_2301selly_2301 Posts: 687
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    charlie is leaving. Dead i dont know. normally on wiki if you google the soap it says whos leaving and its normally 90% true
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,827
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    selly_2301 wrote: »
    charlie is leaving. Dead i dont know. normally on wiki if you google the soap it says whos leaving and its normally 90% true

I think she dies. Anyone got spoilers for 2012? all the promos concentrate on Charlie and Brax but I want to see what's going to happen with Sid and Stu.
  • selly_2301selly_2301 Posts: 687
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I think she dies. Anyone got spoilers for 2012? all the promos concentrate on Charlie and Brax but I want to see what's going to happen with Sid and Stu.

yeah actually think she does because brax, ruby and casey would leave aswell but they aint
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,827
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    selly_2301 wrote: »
    yeah actually think she does because brax, ruby and casey would leave aswell but they aint

Not necessarily. If Charlie were to survive, they could have Brax decide they should stay until she recovers and then have them later change their plans to leave the bay. I still think she dies but it doesn't have anything to do with their plans or anything.
  • DippitDippit Posts: 3,685
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    BadRomance wrote: »
    Is the Australian date confirmed as that would be the earliest ever the show has returned? It's normally late January. However, maybe they are bringing it back two weeks early as it will be going off for the Olympics?

Nine got the rights for the 2012 Olympics, so H&A (which is on Seven) won't be having an Olympic break next year.
  • Sparkle27Sparkle27 Posts: 140
    Forum Member
    It said in last weeks Inside Soap Mag that Esther was leaving the show, but it said that she would be on screens for a while yet, now whether tat means UK screens or Oz screens i dunno, cos UK is good bit behind Oz, if u know what i mean. I really hope she dont die...cant find any 2012 spoliers for the show though which is unusual...they must be really trying to keep her death, or her survival very top secret!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 914
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    ABCZYX wrote: »
    The show worked absolutely fine with the opening credits, with no problem at all. So there's not a single reason why they shouldn't bring them back - permanently and with some proper effort into them instead of just "Meh, that'll do".

The vast majority of people in this world would be able to recognise the theme tune if it was played to them, even if they'd never even watched a single episode.

Bring them back!

I always loved the Home and Away openings and its obvious most people think the same. Cameron, if you are reading this, please bring the credits back.
    I hate how they did the 2011 season, going straight into the episode and then having a 10 second or so portion of the famous song at the end. They should use the same section of the song as they did between 2000 and 2008.
    Forum Member
    Sparkle27 wrote: »
    It said in last weeks Inside Soap Mag that Esther was leaving the show, but it said that she would be on screens for a while yet, now whether tat means UK screens or Oz screens i dunno, cos UK is good bit behind Oz, if u know what i mean. I really hope she dont die...cant find any 2012 spoliers for the show though which is unusual...they must be really trying to keep her death, or her survival very top secret!

It means Uk screens because we are like a month behind, I hope she doesn't die too !!