2014 the year of the 6" smart phones

2»

Comments

• grumpyoldbatgrumpyoldbat Posts: 3,663
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    enapace wrote: »
    Yeah two just made my day you probably right but still funny as hell to me.

What's funny about that?
  • enapaceenapace Posts: 4,303
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    What's funny about that?

It just is to me might just be my twisted sense of humor. But I had never considered samsung a company for females before.
  • grumpyoldbatgrumpyoldbat Posts: 3,663
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It just is to me might just be my twisted sense of humor. But I had never considered samsung a company for females before.

Oh right. Well as with anything, it's a bit of a generalisation. I'm female and don't own any Samsung devices. It's years since I had one of their tiny pop-up java phones and it was a pain in the backside.

I also don't want a complete monolith of a phone, and I find their smaller devices are underpowered and frankly, a bit pants. It's almost like they think size = specs. The bigger the device, the higher the specs are. I don't know why they can't make a smaller top-end device as well. There must be a market for people who want something with decent specs that isn't close to the size of a house brick!
  • StigglesStiggles Posts: 9,618
    Forum Member

I always thought the iphone 5 and now of course 5C and 5S were a bit girly looking :D

I did say this before and got absolutely lynched for it!!
  • enapaceenapace Posts: 4,303
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Oh right. Well as with anything, it's a bit of a generalisation. I'm female and don't own any Samsung devices. It's years since I had one of their tiny pop-up java phones and it was a pain in the backside.

I also don't want a complete monolith of a phone, and I find their smaller devices are underpowered and frankly, a bit pants. It's almost like they think size = specs. The bigger the device, the higher the specs are. I don't know why they can't make a smaller top-end device as well. There must be a market for people who want something with decent specs that isn't close to the size of a house brick!

Agree with you there which is why I think HTC did a good job with there HTC one Mini and HTC One and HTC One Max. All three of them are brilliant high end devices. Mini slightly less but you still getting a solid 720p display unlike on the S4 Mini plus keeping boomsound speakers.
    Stiggles wrote: »
    I always thought the iphone 5 and now of course 5C and 5S were a bit girly looking :D

I did say this before and got absolutely lynched for it!!

I've never actually thought of that before but guess sort of they are certainly fashion statements to a lot of people.
  • neo_walesneo_wales Posts: 13,625
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I got my daughter a Galaxy Note 3 for her birthday last week and she's very happy with it. I've not seen one for real (I'm away for home) but I guess it would be too big for me. That said things may be different when I get to play with one.