Football Commentators Thread (Part 10)

Comments

• SSReportersSSReporters Posts: 9,523
    Forum Member
    Mann and Birtles doing Werder Bremen/Sampdoria. No game for Parry again.

Gary Weaver and Tony Gale commentating on the Anderlecht match.
  • AZ fanAZ fan Posts: 1,651
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Thanks for that info. Not sure about Matias Suarez having a free role, he's generally played on the right despite being a striker by trade because of De Sutter and Lukaku. And even then he wouldn't be first choice there in front of Legear who is injured.
  • The NaitchThe Naitch Posts: 10,672
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Rob Palmer and Terry Gibson done Braga vs Sevilla for Sky.
  • neilwatsonneilwatson Posts: 31,414
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    D.M.N. wrote: »
    Kelly Cates presenting on ITV4 alongside Gareth Southgate.

Braga v Sevilla - Peter Drury and Chris Coleman
    Young Boys v Tottenham - Clive Tyldesley

Tom Skippings and Richard Henwood reported on the other cl games.
  • mikey1980mikey1980 Posts: 3,647
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Clive Tyldesley was a studio guest on talkSPORT's Hawksbee & Jacobs show this afternoon, where he did quite a lengthy and interesting interview.

A number of topics of note were touched upon including what happened to Jim Beglin in South Africa and also Clive's plans for a new football broadcasting forum/blog (not another one! ;)), http://www.footballcommentator.org.

For those who'd like to listen to the interview (or those who would like to listen again), it's available here. He was on for about half an hour between 3-3.30pm, so click on the 1500-1600 tab to the right of the media player and away you go. :)

It was a very interesting interview. In particular, Clive revealed that one of his favourite commentators is Rob Hawthorne.
  • coventrywooocoventrywooo Posts: 3,473
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Liverpool euro match tonight also live on lfc tv again...
  • The DifferenceThe Difference Posts: 21,038
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    mikey1980 wrote: »
    It was a very interesting interview. In particular, Clive revealed that one of his favourite commentators is Rob Hawthorne.

That wasn't such a surprise to me - Clive has said Rob Hawthorne is (one of) his favourite commentators a few times before in newspaper/magazine interviews, due to his low-key style.

Something I didn't know is that he was a big American Football fan in the 1980s and among his all-time favourite commentators is Pat Summerall, the long-time broadcast partner of legendary NFL co-commentator John Madden for CBS and Fox, which I thought was quite interesting.
  • damien666damien666 Posts: 11
    Forum Member
    Martin Tyler and Paul Walsh commentating on the international feed.

5 games in 7 days to start the new season for Tyler.

Whre can you listen to the international feed?
  • SSReportersSSReporters Posts: 9,523
    Forum Member
    For you it's a not really legal stream, and that's not hard to find.

For me it's ESPN2 on Mondays and Fox Soccer Channel on Saturday and Sunday. :D
  • Zac QuinnZac Quinn Posts: 5,172
    Forum Member
    Will be interested to see how ITV present the build up to Liverpool's match and the post-match to Villa's simultaneously from Anfield.

Even doing the pre-match stuf for Liverpool from pitchside would require having two presenters on the same site.

Unless they simulcast, which would be the easiest option.
  • david04121980david04121980 Posts: 2,593
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Angus Scott is back on ITV
    Along side Gareth Southgate and Dean Saunders
  • RichardReesRichardRees Posts: 2,559
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Zac Quinn wrote: »
    Will be interested to see how ITV present the build up to Liverpool's match and the post-match to Villa's simultaneously from Anfield.

Even doing the pre-match stuf for Liverpool from pitchside would require having two presenters on the same site.

Unless they simulcast, which would be the easiest option.

Post match had no presenter - just Crocker / Dowie in voice over.
  • The DifferenceThe Difference Posts: 21,038
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Thursday 19th August - ITV1/ITV4

Angus Scott presenting alongside Dean Saunders and Gareth Southgate at Anfield

UEFA Europa League Play-Off Round First Leg
    Rapid Vienna v Aston Villa - Ian Crocker and Iain Dowie (live on ITV4 - 5.45pm kick-off)
    Liverpool v Trabzonspor - Clive Tyldesley and Jim Beglin (live on ITV1 - 7.45pm kick-off)

Gabriel Clarke on pitchside reporting duties at Anfield, I don't believe they had a pitchside reporter in Vienna.
  • Mark.Mark. Posts: 84,807
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Dundee Utd v AEK Athens (International Feed) - Ian Abrahams
  • Hibs-kid-2007Hibs-kid-2007 Posts: 7,954
    Forum Member
    Mark. wrote: »
    Dundee Utd v AEK Athens (International Feed) - Ian Abrahams

Where did you find the feed ? Bet365 was advertised but doesn't seem to be showing it live when I logged in.
  • ariusukariusuk Posts: 13,411
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The Man City world feed appears to have no (English) commentary.
    But they do keep showing a bloke in the crowd who looks like Jeremy Clarkson.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Thursday 19th August - ITV1/ITV4

Angus Scott presenting alongside Dean Saunders and Gareth Southgate at Anfield

UEFA Europa League Play-Off Round First Leg
    Rapid Vienna v Aston Villa - Ian Crocker and Iain Dowie (live on ITV4 - 5.45pm kick-off)
    Liverpool v Trabzonspor - Clive Tyldesley and Jim Beglin (live on ITV1 - 7.45pm kick-off)

Gabriel Clarke on pitchside reporting duties at Anfield, I don't believe they had a pitchside reporter in Vienna.

What has happened to Ned Boulting?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    What has happened to Ned Boulting?

He's on holiday (remember he did the Tour de France since the World Cup). He'll be back for the group stages.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    ariusuk wrote: »
    He's on holiday (remember he did the Tour de France since the World Cup). He'll be back for the group stages.

Thats good news. Its also good that Angus and Kelly have joined in, even if its as cover. Will these 2 have more of a role with ITV. I know Kelly does GMTV
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Thats good news. Its also good that Angus and Kelly have joined in, even if its as cover. Will these 2 have more of a role with ITV. I know Kelly does GMTV

This certainly won't be the last time you see them.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    This certainly won't be the last time you see them.

excellent news. can you also say what other sports that ITV have got lined up that hasnt been officially announced yet?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    excellent news. can you also say what other sports that ITV have got lined up that hasnt been officially announced yet?

No. But don't be surprised to see a game with multiple balls this autumn.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    No. But don't be surprised to see a game with multiple balls this autumn.

i know that ITV have snooker already, is that it?

Are ITV interested in more Cricket???
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 540
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The Man City world feed appears to have no (English) commentary.
    But they do keep showing a bloke in the crowd who looks like Jeremy Clarkson.

Jeremy Clarkson, doing match commentary - could you imagine that:rolleyes:
  • Li4mLi4m Posts: 5,674
    Forum Member
    Are ITV interested in more Cricket???

Since when has cricket been "a game with multiple balls"?
This discussion has been closed.