Booking Easyjet outward flight before return available!

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 215
Forum Member
Hi

I need some advice with regards to flight booking,

I want to book a return flight to Spain in October with Easyjet and the outward flight is showing as an available date, but the return we want is not yet visible i.e. the date range is too far ahead by a week at the moment.

Any idea how long it takes too catch up, and should I book the outward flight now (it is very cheap at the moment) before the return date appears, as I reckon it may go up quite alot.

Thanks in advance

Comments

• Keefy-boyKeefy-boy Posts: 13,613
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Personally I'd advocate a little patience. It's a long way off and not in the high-season.
  • soulboy77soulboy77 Posts: 24,488
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    As outward and return flights are two separate bookings anyway (though can be done in one transaction) then why not book one leg now whilst it is very cheap. As long as you are not planning to go there and back on the same day then it is not going to be a problem booking the other one when the flights are released, as long as you don't leave it until the last minute.
  • bart4858bart4858 Posts: 11,436
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    bristolred wrote: »
    the date range is too far ahead by a week at the moment.

Any idea how long it takes too catch up

About a week?

Or just book two singles as suggested. (Only downsides might be duplicating any per-booking fees, although usually these are per leg/per passenger. Also a single flight from Spain might only be payable in euros. And, it might turn out the return flight is unsuitable for some reason. Perhaps just wait then...)
  • soulboy77soulboy77 Posts: 24,488
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    As you know the price will increase as more people book, such is the way that these budget airlines operate. So if you wait, you will be counting that no one else books the flight between now and next week, if you want the same cheap price. And I bet you there will be others waiting for the return flights to be released waiting to pounce!
  • bart4858bart4858 Posts: 11,436
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    soulboy77 wrote: »
    And I bet you there will be others waiting for the return flights to be released waiting to pounce!

But booking 9 months ahead? And is Spain really that popular in October?
  • dearmrmandearmrman Posts: 21,515
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Are you sure it is only a week behind?

If it is coming back late October or November, then I thought you had to wait until Easyjet released their Winter Schedule.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 469
    Forum Member
    If you know how, don't forget to empty your cookies before visiting the outward flight for actual purchase as I expect there are still a few holiday companies doing the old 'up the price on extra viewings' trick.
  • fi~fi~ Posts: 5,481
    Forum Member
    i would wait cos you dont know what their winter schedule will be like the return might not be exactly a week after the outward flight or that route may not even be running
  • DaisyBumblerootDaisyBumbleroot Posts: 24,763
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I doubt the price will go up that much tbh, I've had flights many times 2 months from flight date really cheap, so if You get on the website the day they come out you will very likely get the lowest price.
  • ScubyScuby Posts: 1,343
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Where are you flying into? can make a difference, if Malaga shouldnt be a problem but if Almeria they only do three flights a week during the winter.

Depends really from where you are flying in UK and where to here. I usually fly up in Novemeber as the flights are cheaper.:)
  • Mystical123Mystical123 Posts: 15,820
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    soulboy77 wrote: »
    As outward and return flights are two separate bookings anyway (though can be done in one transaction) then why not book one leg now whilst it is very cheap. .

Because Easyjet charge a £9 transaction fee (at least, can be more depending on the card used) per booking, not per flight, so if the flight prices aren't going to go up much it doesn't make sense to book now and the OP should wait to do both on the same transaction.