Does Your House Stink Of Dog ?

pinkyponk34pinkyponk34 Posts: 1,244
Forum Member
✭✭✭
Are you so used to your domestic wet dog and canine fart whiff that you are oblivious of it's effect on us poor visitors ?

[ If your house smells of dog and you don't have a dog then you need to worry quite a lot ] :confused:

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 29
    Forum Member
    No, but thanks for asking ;)
  • cjsmummycjsmummy Posts: 11,079
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Absolutely not, nothing worse.
  • InMyArmsInMyArms Posts: 50,789
    Forum Member
    No it doesn't but then I don't have a dog.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,396
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    No because I don't have one.
  • CaldariCaldari Posts: 5,890
    Forum Member
    No, that would be very strange. I have cats.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 22,736
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Are you so used to your domestic wet dog and canine fart whiff that you are oblivious of it's effect on us poor visitors ?

[ If your house smells of dog and you don't have a dog then you need to worry quite a lot ] :confused:

I do not have a dog, but I have had one previously and to be honest if visitors did not like the smell of my house, tough. They were quite welcome to stay away.:D
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,346
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I would rather have my house stink of dog than cigarettes.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 63
    Forum Member
    Absolutely not. I have a dog & his bed is in the living room but I change his covers every 3 weeks, Hoover once a day and wash the floors 3 times a week.

I also have candles burning most of the time and windows open when the weather allows. I invite my mum or sister round and ambush them when they get here with questions about how the house smells. I would hate to have a stinky home.
  • Joni MJoni M Posts: 70,225
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Yes.

• fizzycatfizzycat Posts: 6,120
    Forum Member
    We have a dog whose bedding is washed fortnightly, who farts no more than any of the humans who live here and who gets bathed when he needs it. The house gets ventilated as it would even if we didn't have a dog.

He lives here. People who don't live here and don't like the fact we have a dog needn't bother coming in.

There's no 'problem' at all. :p
  • ArcanaArcana Posts: 37,521
    Forum Member
    Hot Dog...occasionally.
  • dengie dudedengie dude Posts: 823
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    LoopyDog wrote: »
    I would rather have my house stink of dog than cigarettes.

I prefer haze air freshener to either of your choices
  • MoonbeanMoonbean Posts: 1,848
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Our dog is occasionally slightly more pungent than we would prefer her to be. But she's bathed regularly and, well, you can't do anything to totally eradicate the 'dog' fumes. Doesn't seem to put people off visiting us anyway. :p
  • tim59tim59 Posts: 47,188
    Forum Member
    We have a husky pup who loves the snow and now the garden is flooded, loves playing in the water, and when next door brings there pup round, who is the sister of our pup they have a great time, but if they smell i dont notice must have got use to it with always having a dog. Mine even comes in the shower with me
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,801
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    My cat smells worse than my dog.

In any case - I shampoo the only rug regularly. I wash the dog and his bedding regularly and open my windows.

So no - my house doesn't stink of animals.
  • BastardBeaverBastardBeaver Posts: 11,903
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    My mums house doesn't stink of dog, even though she has a dog. But then she is also a clean freak.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 112
    Forum Member
    Absolutely not. I have two dogs that are showered and blow-dried every ten days. Their bedding is washed every other day. Lots and lots of bleach, and deep cleaning etc, etc.........

It's hard work, but worth it for a whiff-free house :D .

I even brush their teeth every day.

Got some funny lookiing neighbours who whiff a bit though ;) .
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 112
    Forum Member
    P.S. Re my last entry, I dont bleach the dogs :p
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0
    Forum Member

I have a Dog, I LOVE how she smells!

Humans smell far far worse at times, whether it's BO or hideous perfume chemicals - yuk, gimme my sweet doggy fur smell any day!

'Poor visitors' can bugger off if they don't like it :D
  • jrajra Posts: 48,325
    Forum Member

No pets allowed here, so it isn't an issue.

It's part of the tenancy agreement.
  • SilvioDanteSilvioDante Posts: 2,561
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Greyhounds don't have the traditional doggy smell, in fact so short and fine is their coat that they are almost hypo-allergenic. No need to bath them either, natural oils in the coat do it all. :D
  • charmarrcharmarr Posts: 599
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Why would anybody with a single brain cell have one of these smelly,dirty,horrible things esecially in a small house or flat.
    The owner gets immune to the smell.I guarantee you can ALWAYS tell when you walk into someones house that they have a dog.
    It is so unhygenic especially if there are small children or babies in the house.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 7,246
    Forum Member
    Yes. Even though I don't have a dog.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0
    Forum Member
    charmarr wrote: »
    Why would anybody with a single brain cell have one of these smelly,dirty,horrible things esecially in a small house or flat.
    The owner gets immune to the smell.I guarantee you can ALWAYS tell when you walk into someones house that they have a dog.
    It is so unhygenic especially if there are small children or babies in the house.

We're all doing it to annoy you, hey look, it worked :)
  • ScoundreldaysScoundreldays Posts: 1,373
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    If I did it would explain why I got a phone call last month from the housing association as someone had complained about my dog. Told them as far as I knew I didn't have a dog:confused:
    Turns out it was my neighbour's dog the complaint was about but it did make me worry a dog was letting itself into my flat whilst I was out.:D