The Ratings Thread (Part 50)

Comments

• xfactorfan27xfactorfan27 Posts: 1,237
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Hassaan13 wrote: »
    For reference, last year's Women's Final peaked with 6.34m (45.1%) at 16:30.

I suspect this year's will be lower. I was looking forward to the match, however because of Lisicki's nerves it was a very uninteresting watch and it was clear from ealy on in the match that only one result was possible.
  • allthingsukallthingsuk Posts: 6,035
    Forum Member
    I suspect this year's will be lower. I was looking forward to the match, however because of Lisicki's nerves it was a very uninteresting watch and it was clear from ealy on in the match that only one result was possible.

My punt for peak figure from yesterday's Ladies Final - 4.46m, Average - 3.08m for the whole programme as doubles would drag the average down.
  • yorkie100yorkie100 Posts: 9,372
    Forum Member
    Are the ratings so low that they are scared to publish them? :)
  • SamuelWSamuelW Posts: 8,447
    Forum Member
    Itv1 share up from last week a little bit from a poor 9.8pct to a slightly less poor 9.9pct. Does that mean Your face sounds familiar held up :cool:??
  • Stefano92Stefano92 Posts: 66,373
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    With Channel 5, this week was 1% up on last Saturday. Last night, all day 4.3% share, compared to a 3.3% last Saturday. Does that mean that Ch5 held up better despite the weather?
  • ScoreScore Posts: 17,281
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    SamuelW wrote: »
    Itv1 share up from last week a little bit from a poor 9.8pct to a slightly less poor 9.9pct. Does that mean Your face sounds familiar held up :cool:??

Share wise possibly. Not in raw numbers though as the weather was too good.
  • Hassaan13Hassaan13 Posts: 42,000
    Forum Member
    SamuelW wrote: »

Where did you get that stat from? No ratings have been published yet. Is it from another of your 'sources'?
    Forum Member
    Salv* wrote: »
    With Channel 5, this week was 1% up on last Saturday. Last night, all day 4.3% share, compared to a 3.3% last Saturday. Does that mean that Ch5 held up better despite the weather?
    Just seen BBC1+BBC2 yesterday was 28.3pct, down from last Saturday's 31.6pct. Maybe the other 3 terrestrials picked up more share during the daytime as a result of there being fewer Wimbledon matches on BBC1/2 yesterday?
  • D.M.N.D.M.N. Posts: 34,169
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Where did you get that stat from? No ratings have been published yet. Is it from another of your 'sources'?

Channel 4 Sales: http://www.channel4sales.com/data/overnights/Individuals/06/July/2013
  • NeilVWNeilVW Posts: 8,635
    Forum Member
    Brekkie wrote: »
    Ironically though although repeat heavy I think most people agree the new afternoon schedule is a refreshing change to what went before, which of course is now on BBC1 and looking at the schedules, just as repeat heavy. Apart from the news BBC1 only has 75 minutes of new content during the day next week.

And that's only on Monday, Wednesday and Friday (new episdoes of The Specials and Bargain Hunt). On Tuesday and Thursday Bargain Hunt is in repeats, so just there are just 30 minutes of new material. However, it is summer, and Doctors is back soon. Also, dusting down Land Girls and Only Fools (again!) at least provides some variety among the repeats.
    Forum Member
    Are the overnights actually delayed or just no one has bothered to report them yet?
    Forum Member
    Are the overnights actually delayed or just no one has bothered to report them yet?
    They're not delayed. People just dont want to tweet them because theyre probably low.
    Forum Member
    Those all-day shares in full:

Saturday 6 July 2013 (inc +1)
    BBC One: 24.3%
    BBC Two: 5.0%
    ITV: 9.8% approx
    Channel 4: 5.1% approx
    Channel 5: 4.2%
    Others: 51.6% approx, including:
    - ITV2: 3.6%
    - ITV3: 3.5%
    - E4: 1.8%
    - ITV4: 1.6%
    - BBC Three: 1.6%
    - Film4: 1.6%
    - Dave: 1.4%
    - 5USA: 1.1%

Channel 4 Sales has data for yesterday so they can't have been delayed.
    Forum Member
    Liam Hamilton ‏@LiamHamiltonDCD 4m
    3.1m average viewers for Wimbledon Ladies Final, Murray to smash that out the court later, 3x? 4x? despite weather & measurment restrictions

That must be for 13:30-17:55, although of course the final was over well before that end time.
  • allthingsukallthingsuk Posts: 6,035
    Forum Member
    NeilVW wrote: »
    3.1m average viewers for Wimbledon Ladies Final, Murray to smash that out the court later, 3x? 4x? despite weather & measurment restrictions

Very close with my prediction of 3.08m average. Any peaks?
    Forum Member

Down on last year which had 3.9m (30.5%).
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,414
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

That must be for 13:30-17:55, although of course the final was over well before that end time.

it was a pretty dire final yesterday
    Forum Member
    Liam Hamilton ‏@LiamHamiltonDCD 6m
    Illustration of good weather impact?.. <1m for decisive Lions test v Australia, 16%. Fewer than 1st match, both sky sports1 but higher share
    Forum Member

Yes, across the whole day. We don't know where the improvement occurred, but it's likely primetime was up too. The 9pm start time for BB might have helped a tiny bit. They had CSI:NY repeats at teatime which possibly held up better than the Zulu sequel film last Saturday. And two WWII films in the afternoon - they normally rate pretty well.

EDIT: BB started at 10pm, a late change.
  • Stefano92Stefano92 Posts: 66,373
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It seems so. The 9pm start time for BB might have helped a tiny bit. They had CSI:NY repeats at teatime which possibly held up better than the Zulu sequel film last Saturday. And two WWII films in the afternoon - they normally rate pretty well.

Didn't BB start at 10pm last night? I was out and didn't watch but I am certain it was moved back an hour.
  • ElectricBoy171ElectricBoy171 Posts: 20,776
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Didn't BB start at 10pm last night? I was out and didn't watch but I am certain it was moved back an hour.

Yep, it started a 10pm and BBBOTP was at 11. :)
  • BrekkieBrekkie Posts: 24,011
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Liam Hamilton ‏@LiamHamiltonDCD 6m
    Illustration of good weather impact?.. <1m for decisive Lions test v Australia, 16%. Fewer than 1st match, both sky sports1 but higher share
    Really surprised at that, weather or not. I guess though more might have ventured out to pubs to watch it than usually would for an 11am game.
    Forum Member
    Yep, it started a 10pm and BBBOTP was at 11. :)

My apologies. The paper Radio Times had it at 9pm. It was clearly moved at a late stage to avoid MPD. Normally BB beats it on a Friday, but Saturdays are obviously a weak point so it did make sense.
  • ElectricBoy171ElectricBoy171 Posts: 20,776
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    My apologies. The paper Radio Times had it at 9pm. It was clearly moved at a late stage to avoid MPD. Normally BB beats it on a Friday, but Saturdays are obviously a weak point so it did make sense.

Yeah, that's a good point. I suppose also because they've moved The Walking Dead, it opens up the 11pm slot for them to put BOTS in as well. :)
    Forum Member
    Oh dear, Your Face Sounds Familiar fell to 3million. Beaten head to head by a repeat of Pointless and everything else on BBC1 yesterday evening.
This discussion has been closed.