Options

Mistaking somebody for another person!

2»

Comments

• Options
    DebrajoanDebrajoan Posts: 1,917
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    In a reversal of this, one day last week I was in Tesco and looked around for my husband.
    I had just put some salad stuff in the cart and left him looking at radishes while I moved on to the fruit section.
    He was still standing at the salad section, with a bunch of radishes in his hand, and I could see that his lips were moving.
    Standing next to him was a woman looking at him in amazement.
    I called his name and he looked up, glanced back at the woman, did a double-take, mumbled something and rejoined me.
    "I didn't know that you'd walked on", he said, "I thought that woman was you and I was asking should I get these radishes."
    I was wearing a white sweater and blue jeans, the other woman was very slightly older than me, a tad slimmer, and wearing a red blouse and a black skirt!
    He's got 20/20 vision so I couldn't say, "You should have gone to Spec-Savers."
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,064
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Jason100 wrote: »
    Just before Christmas i thought i saw my sister looking in one of the shop windows in the west end. She looked like the spitting image of her in the distance, as i approached her i realised she wasn't my sister and i walked away. Luckily she was on her phone and didn't see me!

I once walked up to my sister in Aylesbury tapped her on the shoulder and said a very cheery Hi ya it was only when the stranger looked me in the eye that I realised it wasn't my sister after-all. Eyes are the window of the soul (personality) to me this proved it. This woman was totally identical (I would have testified in court it was my sister) to my sister but as soon as I looked in her eyes I knew it wasn't her. :o:o
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,064
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Sex wrote: »
    best one :D:D:D:D:D

my mother-in-law used to have a ford fiesta she came out of the theatre one evening unlocked the car door put the key in the ignition and turned it to start the car, nothing happened, she thought to herself 'now what do I do' then she looked a little closer at the interior of the car, it wasn't her car, she had got into a strangers car by mistake.
    We always say if the car had started she would have driven it home, we can all imagine the headline.
    Pensioner (64) steals car and takes it home! :rolleyes:
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 6,924
    Forum Member
    Years ago my mum's cousin and her hubby were on holiday at Butlins. Mums cousin walked into chalet and saw her hubby standing bollock naked with his back to her. She crept up behind him and put her hand between his legs grabbed his balls. Man turned around, total stranger. She screamed and ran out of chalet. Think they came home quite soon after.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,682
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    This happened to me a few years ago. I walked up to a girl who I thought I knew from school and I said

Me: hey
    Her: hi
    Me: how have you been
    Her: I've been fine
    Me: in my head "oh my God this is not Jase"
    Me: bye
    Her: bye

She looked pretty confused and I just walked away holding my head.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 63
    Forum Member
    Happened to me when I was about 8. I was swimming underwater, saw what I thought was my big sister so (still underwater) went over and pinched her bottom...I came up laughing to find a girl who wasn't my sister crying and her dad raging.

I went back under and scarpered.