Options

PS Plus

Comments

• Options
    YuffieYuffie Posts: 9,864
    Forum Member
    Hotbird wrote: »
    No Man's Sky is one of the most interesting looking PS4 games IMHO.

Absolutely, that looks amazing. And it received such a good response at E3 so people don't hate indies.

Last I looked, Resogun was voted people's favourite ps4 game in the poll a few threads down.

Let's not confuse hating indies with hating shit games.
  • Options
    ixHellstormxixHellstormx Posts: 2,192
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    oh dear, another disappointing month for PS+ :(
  • Options
    Rich_LRich_L Posts: 6,110
    Forum Member
    Fez is alright to be fair.

Not a system seller I admit.

Am really, REALLY looking forward to No Mans Sky.
  • Options
    MC_SatanMC_Satan Posts: 26,512
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I don't hate Indies whatsoever. I can't be doing with this 8 bit fad though. I remember the 8 bit era fondly but I don't want to relive it often.
    I may have a Golf GTI oddly enough I don't want to drive a Trabant.
  • Options
    ags_ruleags_rule Posts: 19,538
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Not sure what's worse - the people hating on indie games because they're not triple AAA titles that cost millions to make, or the people who accuse anyone of disliking an indie game of doing so just because it's indie.

I have nothing against indie games. No Man's Sky looks incredible. I had great fun with Quantum Conundrum and Limbo, and indeed Brothers. But Towerfall? Road Not Taken? Really? These are not good indie titles. They are derivative and selling on nostalgia. It is a total shame that Journey and Flower (or indeed flOw) have not yet found their way onto the service.
  • Options
    tombigbeetombigbee Posts: 4,639
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    ags_rule wrote: »
    I have nothing against indie games. No Man's Sky looks incredible. I had great fun with Quantum Conundrum and Limbo, and indeed Brothers. But Towerfall? Road Not Taken? Really? These are not good indie titles. They are derivative and selling on nostalgia. It is a total shame that Journey and Flower (or indeed flOw) have not yet found their way onto the service.

Not played Quantum but I agree that Limbo and Brothers were great games. I wouldn't mind at all if we continued to get indie games of that quality with the odd AAA game thrown in. Not too impressed with the selection this month either though. Road Not Taken reminds me of Don't Starve which I didn't enjoy but I'll give it a go anyway and see. Fez is the one I'm the most interested in as have seen good things said about it. Crysis games bore me.
  • Options
    HotbirdHotbird Posts: 10,010
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Apparently Fez is cross-buy so free on PS4, PS3 and Vita while Proteus is cross-buy on PS3 and Vita.
  • Options
    ConroyConroy Posts: 3,031
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Fez was aparently the greatest thing since sliced bread when it was released as a 360 exclusive in 2012. Were people hyping it up because it wasn't on the PS3 or is it actually a good game and if it is a good game, why are people moaning about it?
  • Options
    paulj48paulj48 Posts: 1,122
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think they should open up the option of downloading as IGC some of the older titles that have allready appeared, not sure how it would work but it would sweeten the deal and stop some of the backlash.
  • Options
    fastest fingerfastest finger Posts: 12,872
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Conroy wrote: »
    Fez was aparently the greatest thing since sliced bread when it was released as a 360 exclusive in 2012. Were people hyping it up because it wasn't on the PS3 or is it actually a good game and if it is a good game, why are people moaning about it?

I really enjoyed the PS4 demo, so I'm looking forward to getting my hands on the full game.
  • Options
    ags_ruleags_rule Posts: 19,538
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Just wanna say if anyone has Trine 2 (PS4) sitting in their download queue and hasn't got round to playing it yet, do it now. Ingenius game design and beautiful to look at - proof indie titles don't all need to be ugly 8-bitters!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I had some mates round last night so we had a few 4-player Towerfall Ascension games. What an effing brilliant laugh! It's a shame some people can't find the love for this game.

I understand that for many people getting 4 DS4s in the same place, at the same time might be quite a big ask at this point in the generation. It's such a pity the game doesn't have online.
  • Options
    the dourflathe dourfla Posts: 1,019
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    At this rate we will be getting flappy bird soon.
  • Options
    mojobrewmojobrew Posts: 1,613
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    At this rate we will be getting flappy bird soon.

Ahem, I think you'll find it'll be Super Flappy Bird HD Complete.
  • Options
    NedubizNedubiz Posts: 2,190
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Hmmm. Not a great month for me.

Fez - I have already. Clever game, which never really grabbed me (probably too clever for me).

Road not Taken - looks pretty cool. Can't really work out how it plays so will be interested to give it a go. Love the art

Crysis 3 - Didn't like crysis 2 despite giving a really good go, will add this to the download queue but the series leaves me a bit cold really.

Proteus - pretty abstract for a plus game and surprised to see this as one of the PS3 titles. Good that it is cross buy, so will give it a go on the vita. I was curious about it but the £10 price tag was way too high.

Lego Harry Potter - I have and have completed. Fun game, but I love the Lego games. Surprised to see two lego games back to back on the vita.

Metrico - Looks okay. Only got a 6.5 on IGN, but I will give it a go.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 695
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I've downloaded both Fux and that other crap game, not expecting much, really getting sick and tired of these indie game offerings, haven't played one up to now that I've liked. If I wanted to play pap like this then I would get my commodore 64 out of the attic. FFS!
  • Options
    YuffieYuffie Posts: 9,864
    Forum Member
    Gevans81 wrote: »
    I've downloaded both Fux and that other crap game, not expecting much, really getting sick and tired of these indie game offerings, haven't played one up to now that I've liked. If I wanted to play pap like this then I would get my commodore 64 out of the attic. FFS!

Have you not liked any at all ?

Resogun?
    Contrast?
    Dead Nation?
    Trine 2 ?
    Don't Starve ?
  • Options
    mojobrewmojobrew Posts: 1,613
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It's not that they're "indie", it's that they look like they'd comfortably run on a SNES.

People want something that will show off the PS4; it doesn't have to be a triple-A game or even particularly large/long, something which looks great, plays great but is completed in an hour would be preferable to me.

Resogun, Stick It to the Man for example weren't AAA but they looked good and I didn't feel like I was playing a game from 1993.

Otherwise, what's the point in having a PS4? These games would comfortably run on any previous Playstation system.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    mojobrew wrote: »
    It's not that they're "indie", it's that they look like they'd comfortably run on a SNES.

People want something that will show off the PS4; it doesn't have to be a triple-A game or even particularly large/long, something which looks great, plays great but is completed in an hour would be preferable to me.

Resogun, Stick It to the Man for example weren't AAA but they looked good and I didn't feel like I was playing a game from 1993.

Otherwise, what's the point in having a PS4? These games would comfortably run on any previous Playstation system.

I think the problem is we've been well and truely spoilt by PS+ on PS3.

Giving out full, AAA retail games this early in the PS4s life cycle just hasn't been an option yet. As for the smaller / indie games, what else fits the bill? I think Sony have been doing the best they can with what they've got.

It's not as if Sony can throw anything out there. They have to do deals with the individual publishers.

If things don't improve by the end of the year, then there's definitely cause for complaint, but for now I think just a little more patience is needed.

Anyway, mini-Driveclub will be available in 2 months. Plenty to show off the PS4 there.
  • Options
    HotbirdHotbird Posts: 10,010
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The PC Paint meets Flower game on PS3 was actually reasonably enjoyable. Although I am not exactly sure the point, but it did seem a nice chilled out game.
    I think the problem is we've been well and truely spoilt by PS+ on PS3.

I think the problem was making DriveClub the announcement game for PS4 PS+, it set expectations. It doesn't help that in the age of the internet we know Japan has Knack on PS+.

I completely agree with your post and the reason why we haven't got big retail games yet but I feel if it had been announced better by Sony there may have been less disappointment.
  • Options
    gillyallangillyallan Posts: 31,723
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Wow. Tried both ps4 plus games. Not for me. Even my wife was shocked over fez. Wondered if I was maybe playing the vita version but don't think it would let you do that.

I mean fez is 7.99 and road is 11.99.
    Why didn't they negotiate for pure pool which at least looks next gen which is around the 7 quid Mark without discounts.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Hotbird wrote: »
    I think the problem was making DriveClub the announcement game for PS4 PS+, it set expectations. It doesn't help that in the age of the internet we know Japan has Knack on PS+..

I didn't know Knack was on Japan's PS+, I thought it was given away with the console.
  • Options
    GARETH197901GARETH197901 Posts: 22,291
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I didn't know Knack was on Japan's PS+, I thought it was given away with the console.

i thought the same too
  • Options
    NewGamesOfTodayNewGamesOfToday Posts: 292
    Forum Member
    Well I only got my PS4 last week and have no games yet so I have taken the 14 day free trial of PS+ and downloaded the 2 free games. These will give me something to play on the PS4 until next week when I get paid an can afford some games. I tried a bit of Fez earlier and it's quite good, I know it's not the best game graphics wise but the gameplay is good. I like 2D platform games :)
  • Options
    gillyallangillyallan Posts: 31,723
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Take a look at the free games on psn. There are a few like blacklight and warframe. A few demos the too