Sky Sports Rebrand

Browno01Browno01 Posts: 99
Forum Member
Just spotted this on Twitter from Sky Sports Tennis...

Bv5If51IYAEaNMJ.jpg

Comments

• coopermanyorkscoopermanyorks Posts: 21,215
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    A rebrand ? an advert for tennis @ Us open it seems to me
  • chenkschenks Posts: 13,231
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    A rebrand ? an advert for tennis @ Us open it seems to me

i think it's the font and sky sports branding that is being suggested as changed.
  • omnidirectionalomnidirectional Posts: 18,816
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I was about to say that it looks like a mock image... but it's real https://twitter.com/SkySportsTennis/status/503919924616921088
  • pburke90pburke90 Posts: 14,757
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    If that's their new logo, it's terrible. Plus, why now take it away from the Sky corporate branding after they gave each channel a slight re-fresh when Sky Sports 5 launched and Sky Sports News Kitchen Sink HQ HD moved EPG position. It doesn't make sense.
  • KesterKKesterK Posts: 3,485
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Paddy C wrote: »
    If that's their new logo, it's terrible. Plus, why now take it away from the Sky corporate branding after they gave each channel a slight re-fresh when Sky Sports 5 launched and Sky Sports News Kitchen Sink HQ HD moved EPG position. It doesn't make sense.

Yea, you'd think if they were going to rebrand, they would have done it with the channel moves and sky sports 5 launch and sky sports news re-launch all at the same time. Plus the US Open has started, so why are they using a possible new future logo on something current. Strange.
  • RacketRacket Posts: 452
    Forum Member
    Guess we'll be having solid white DOGs soon then, along with them probably being too bright for the first few weeks.
  • ocavocav Posts: 2,341
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Racket wrote: »
    Guess we'll be having solid white DOGs soon then, along with them probably being too bright for the first few weeks.

I think the logo on here was meant to be replaced, it simply looks terrible and doesn't exactly ooze quality, plus the fact that 2 weeks ago there was a slight rebrand I think it's just a mistake
  • omnidirectionalomnidirectional Posts: 18,816
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Here's another

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/BvkiiZoCYAEqAcz.jpg

Surely these can't be real? They look so amateurish!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Here's another

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/BvkiiZoCYAEqAcz.jpg

Surely these can't be real? They look so amateurish!

The US Open has gone to air without any such rebrand so I'm guessing it's a design decision, however terrible.
  • GibsyGibsy Posts: 428
    Forum Member
    The same graphics style is being used in the sky press release for the new Adam Boulton show- Sky News Tonight..it looks very similar to HTC Sense 6 on mobile phones...
  • omar comerfordomar comerford Posts: 1,442
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Gibsy wrote: »
    The same graphics style is being used in the sky press release for the new Adam Boulton show- Sky News Tonight..it looks very similar to HTC Sense 6 on mobile phones...

any pictures ??
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Gibsy wrote: »

Its slightly more professional than the one on Sky Sports, it looks more like a monochrome version of the current logo
  • DragonQDragonQ Posts: 4,807
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    If there's one good thing about Sky's coverage it's that it's sleek, modern, and professional. That logo is none of these things and the poster itself is awful too. Looks totally amateurish. Hopefully it's a mistake.
  • pburke90pburke90 Posts: 14,757
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I always thought it strange why the NEWS part of the Sky News logo and the SPORTS part of Sky Sports do not use the Sky corporate font, yet the other Sky branded channels do. Sky News' on screen graphics are also a plain font, yet Sky Sports News isn't...
  • RestorerRestorer Posts: 2,092
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Boring and amateurish it may be but I'm sorry to say it is now the fashion: flat is back!

Out go the classy transparencies and gradients and in comes this stuff. Yuk. Microsoft started it with Windows 8 though why everyone had to follow is beyond me :(.
  • NsewellNsewell Posts: 824
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Paddy C wrote: »
    I always thought it strange why the NEWS part of the Sky News logo and the SPORTS part of Sky Sports do not use the Sky corporate font, yet the other Sky branded channels do. Sky News' on screen graphics are also a plain font, yet Sky Sports News isn't...

Sky news actually has its own custom made font.
  • popeye13popeye13 Posts: 8,573
    Forum Member
    Nsewell wrote: »
    Sky news actually has its own custom made font.

And Sky LIVING retained the 'LIVING' design that was from the VM days...

I think these are templates though. I don't think they're a rebrand or a 3rd logo to use in promotions.
  • Deleted_User381237831Deleted_User381237831 Posts: 7,902
    Forum Member
    Looks like the rebrand is scheduled for 1st September...
    Forum Member
    Looks like the rebrand is scheduled for 1st September...

Link or proof?
  • chenkschenks Posts: 13,231
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    popeye13 wrote: »
    Link or proof?

cake or death
    Forum Member
    chenks wrote: »
    cake or death

Cake, i loooove cake :)
  • Deleted_User381237831Deleted_User381237831 Posts: 7,902
    Forum Member
    popeye13 wrote: »
    Link or proof?

Well, the new Sky News programme on that screenshot starts then... Various Sky rebrands have taken place on 1st September on previous years. It doesn't take a rocket scientist, does it?!?
  • NsewellNsewell Posts: 824
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Well, the new Sky News programme on that screenshot starts then...

The Sky news image is just a white version of the current logo, one is always created usually for printed material instead of onscreen though.

The Sky Sports logo is entirely new, it doesn't even use the joined up Sky logo, which makes it seem a lot less credible.
  • RadiomikeRadiomike Posts: 7,943
    Forum Member
    Well, the new Sky News programme on that screenshot starts then... Various Sky rebrands have taken place on 1st September on previous years. It doesn't take a rocket scientist, does it?!?

So just a guess.

You could be right of course, but then again... ;-)