Raign's Audition - Do the Producers think we are stupid- so STAGED

13»

Comments

• Options
    MTUK1MTUK1 Posts: 20,077
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Nissl wrote: »
    Nah, it failed because it the judging panel never clicked and it entered a market with at least 4 annual seasons of major singing shows already gobbling up talent and burning out the audience. All of the US shows are sinking fast in the ratings and Rising Star just flopped. Someone needs to figure out how to build a show around Youtube and social media, which is where most of the heat is over here.

You're both correct. It definitely had something to do with the fact that Americans don't do manipulation on the scale we do. They are more sophisticated then to believe the constant judge faux arguments on our version. It's also down to the fact that as you say they have too many talent shows already. As do we.
  • Options
    MTUK1MTUK1 Posts: 20,077
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    When are these so called "Staging Accusations" going to end???

All you're doing is just slating a show, which has been going on for almost 10 years just because you all ASSUME it's "staged", there are more serious incidents involving manipulation, have you ever heard of "Spot Fixing", "Match Fixing" or even Political Corruption, people have been arrested for all of those, if X Factor/BGT were fixed then Cowell would be locked up in prison by now and these shows would be long gone!

I'm just saying that these allegations of fixing/staging/manipulation are completely false and are just people over-reacting. I know people who work for Cowell and say that his shows aren't fixed/staged/contrived or manipulated so I don't understand why people are making mountains out of molehills!!! It's only a fun, light-hearted TV show.

Thanks again for the laugh. This is he funniest most niave thing I have read on here Lol.
  • Options
    wise-upwise-up Posts: 2,023
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Her attitude was terrible. I get to succeed in an of the performing arts you need to have confidence and be able to sell yourself and not take no for an answer but do it in a polite way. The way she responded to Cheryl's question was really rude. It is a reasonable question to ask an older performer. Sometimes there is a good reason for not making it eg if you asks that question to Sam it would be because she decided to have kids or it could be you went off the rails and threw away good chances but are wiser now etc. it does not mean you are not good enough but she took it like that.

I would have rejected her without even hearing her sing. You have to be able to take criticism from people in any walk of life. If she can't take it there is not point in her being in the industry.
  • Options
    jerefprdterrajerefprdterra Posts: 30,342
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Well her you tube video is very popular with over 375k views, and only 40 dislikes, so she is proving popular.
  • Options
    OsusanaOsusana Posts: 7,536
    Forum Member
    To those saying her attitude stinks/she's unlikeable: how do you think someone like Madonna or Lady Gaga would come across in an X Factor audition? Do you think they would be all meek and mild like Leona Lewis or a wet lettuce leaf? I quite like it when auditionees show a bit of attitude, it kind hints at a bit of creativity/artistry.

As for her second song, this is the polished, recorded version of it:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s_rSrHmJGw0

I actually really like it. If she gets through to the lives (although I don't think she will) I can imagine her singing Evanescence Bring Me To Life or something like that.

The first 2 did not need to be 'discovered' on a talent show, if she is so ambitious, driven and talented - why does she need the X Factor?
  • Options
    jerefprdterrajerefprdterra Posts: 30,342
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I dont think that she does need the show to be honest other than the fact that it gives her a bit more publicity.
  • Options
    GeorgiecatsGeorgiecats Posts: 6,628
    Forum Member
    She has a record label anyway.

How? Her voice is awful. Her attitude is worse. They've clearly put her through just for controversy. They have to have a novelty act or someone who's a nightmare. She's an awful woman and an even worse singer.
  • Options
    ThiswillbefunThiswillbefun Posts: 10,599
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

No need to be patronising. I was in the room when she auditioned so I saw it live. Her returning into the room was not pre planned. That's all I said

So what you're in effect saying is that her walking back into the room was the only part that wasn't planned.

I'm guessing she was heavily influenced by the production team to act like a diva as "it will be entertaining and give you a better chance to get through".

I'm still of the opinion that she isn't talented enough to create that tumble weed sound effect all by herself and needed a lot of post show editing to help create the image.

Can you also explain why "the show's favourite" Lola was allowed a backing track to enhance her performance?

As for being patronising - Simon and his stooges every weekend towards the great British public.
  • Options
    wise-upwise-up Posts: 2,023
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    So what you're in effect saying is that her walking back into the room was the only part that wasn't planned.

I'm guessing she was heavily influenced by the production team to act like a diva as "it will be entertaining and give you a better chance to get through".

I'm still of the opinion that she isn't talented enough to create that tumble weed sound effect all by herself and needed a lot of post show editing to help create the image.

Can you also explain why "the show's favourite" Lola was allowed a backing track to enhance her performance?

As for being patronising - Simon and his stooges every weekend towards the great British public.

All the contestants are allowed a backing track, she obviously did not bring one for that song. I dont get why people always have a go at the edit and blame it. The producers cannot edit in what was already there. She was rude and defensive so they were able to show her in a negative light. The tumbleweed made no difference to the overall feeling of her audition, I didn't even notice/remember it. The audition would still have felt awkward to watch.
  • Options
    Pimlico_PassPimlico_Pass Posts: 4,785
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Great voice - shame shes been selected to be this years Katie weasel.

Shame on her for playing along too. She really is a good singer and doesn`t need all that nonsense.
  • Options
    GibsonSGGibsonSG Posts: 23,681
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Just watched it again. God it was awful. Timing and pitch chronic.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 61
    Forum Member

Trust me, there was no encouraging her. Encouragement was not needed
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Trust me, there was no encouraging her. Encouragement was not needed

I'll believe you on this one :)
    The words were coming straight out of her mouth.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    wise-up wrote: »
    All the contestants are allowed a backing track, she obviously did not bring one for that song. I dont get why people always have a go at the edit and blame it. The producers cannot edit in what was already there. She was rude and defensive so they were able to show her in a negative light. The tumbleweed made no difference to the overall feeling of her audition, I didn't even notice/remember it. The audition would still have felt awkward to watch.[/QUOTE

Watch it again.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CM3UvJWR-qE

She didn't have a backing track for her original performance, yet for her impromptu second song she does have one.
    I would say that is a bit odd to say the least.

The editing isn't supposed to be obvious or the public would laugh at how bad it was, and while in this case she probably did give them a lot of rope, there have been other cases where the show has manufactured incidents to show contestants in a bad light.