Options

BBC 5 Live General Chit Chat

Comments

• Options
    superbike999superbike999 Posts: 453
    Forum Member
    bwfcol wrote: »
    Let's call a show 606 because it starts at 6:06pm at weekends... lets move the start time to 6:10 on a Saturday. Genius. Just genius.

It makes sense on a Sunday, as soon as they mention Ian Wright and Kelly Cates, it gives you time to switch over to Press Pass on Talk Sport. A far superior program, although I am not particularly a TS fan.
  • Options
    bwfcolbwfcol Posts: 13,696
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Next week it's 6:30 FCOL!
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 831
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Peter Drury read out the results today. They made a song & dance about appointing a woman to do it but she's never on. Have they sacked Charlotte Green?

They've finally realised it's only the football results, not f***ing Shakespeare.
  • Options
    Radio_fanRadio_fan Posts: 414
    Forum Member
    ukebra wrote: »
    I couldn't agree more - this week 10-12 has been an absolute joy. Clare is incredibly underused, she should not be just a "super-sub" for other presenters.

I have been thinking what a good presenter she is and why she doesn't have a permanent slot. She has a very good, clear and authoritative voice for the radio.
  • Options
    wns_195wns_195 Posts: 13,568
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Let's call a show 606 because it starts at 6:06pm at weekends... lets move the start time to 6:10 on a Saturday. Genius. Just genius.

5 Live Sport was also delayed. Deays for major announceents and breaking news are understandable but today's delays were unnecessary.
  • Options
    Lone DrinkerLone Drinker Posts: 1,699
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Not another bloody studio audience discussion on the referendum. Please make it stop.
  • Options
    bwfcolbwfcol Posts: 13,696
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    wns_195 wrote: »
    5 Live Sport was also delayed. Deays for major announceents and breaking news are understandable but today's delays were unnecessary.

They weren't extending news because of Scotland still were they?!
  • Options
    Phil AnderPhil Ander Posts: 1,556
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    So let me see if I understand this correctly.

During the summer there were complaints on here about Sport taking preference over news stories. I recall one punter saying 5 live was now a sports station.

Yet today we have some you moaning that news is taking first place. Make up your minds for goodness sake.

The implications of the Scottish vote for the rest of the UK is a continuing news story.

The reason for the delayed six o six next week is I suspect because of coverage of the Ryder Cup, a major sporting event.

BTW I don't enjoy listening to Nolan lest you think I am an uncritical listener.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 12,075
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Anyone hear the venom from that woman on Noilans awful programme from Scotland because the YES mob lost. She was like a comedy turn. Her language was colourful to say the least. Insulting other members speaking......

"My bairns are having to leave the country nooo, one of my daughters voted no, well she didn't, she didn't vote at all"...... great stuff. :)
  • Options
    RadiogramRadiogram Posts: 3,515
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

"My bairns are having to leave the country nooo, one of my daughters voted no, well she didn't, she didn't vote at all"...... great stuff. :)

I heard someone from Edinburgh say yesterday that they were moving to Glasgow because that city voted yes. That's the sort of idiot that roams the streets up here thanks to Salmond.
  • Options
    CyrilTheWaspCyrilTheWasp Posts: 2,662
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Anyone hear the venom from that woman on Noilans awful programme from Scotland because the YES mob lost. She was like a comedy turn.

I heard the Scottish novelist and yes campaigner and supporter, Sara Sheridan on Nolan the other night and she just sounded incredibly condescending, bitter and unwilling to accept any other point of view but her own.She kept blaming everyone else for not voting for independence and even said people were just scared of change but there is obviously a lot more to it than that but Nolan just sat back and let her spout on without questioning her in any great detail.A caller phoned the programme to criticize her comments and Nolan couldn't wait to get rid of him quick enough.
  • Options
    pedrokpedrok Posts: 16,768
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Radiogram wrote: »
    I heard someone from Edinburgh say yesterday that they were moving to Glasgow because that city voted yes. That's the sort of idiot that roams the streets up here thanks to Salmond.

And only an idiot would blame Salmond. There you go!
  • Options
    superbike999superbike999 Posts: 453
    Forum Member
    Anyone hear the venom from that woman on Noilans awful programme from Scotland because the YES mob lost. She was like a comedy turn. Her language was colourful to say the least. Insulting other members speaking......

Her name wouldn't have been Morag from Dundee would it? It sounds like her usual venom. In view of the fact Nolan was doing yet another Scotland Decides, from Dundee, I thought i'd give it a miss, as she was bound to phone in, as she did on Nolan last week.
  • Options
    RadiogramRadiogram Posts: 3,515
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    pedrok wrote: »

Awwww, feeling down after losing?:D
  • Options
    Black CrowBlack Crow Posts: 619
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

A few years ago there were versions of 606 during the week after games, I think starting at 10pm, so it's just a brand now rather the time it starts.
  • Options
    Station IDStation ID Posts: 7,411
    Forum Member
    pedrok wrote: »

Who else do we blame. All he has achieved is to divide a country.
  • Options
    curmycurmy Posts: 4,725
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Her name wouldn't have been Morag from Dundee would it? It sounds like her usual venom. In view of the fact Nolan was doing yet another Scotland Decides, from Dundee, I thought i'd give it a miss, as she was bound to phone in, as she did on Nolan last week.

Yes I heard her, I'm sure it was her both times ,unbelievable :o
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    When are the presenters changing on Radio 5 ? It seemed to be the usual misery at 10am this morning !
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I heard the Scottish novelist and yes campaigner and supporter, Sara Sheridan on Nolan the other night and she just sounded incredibly condescending, bitter and unwilling to accept any other point of view but her own.She kept blaming everyone else for not voting for independence and even said people were just scared of change but there is obviously a lot more to it than that but Nolan just sat back and let her spout on without questioning her in any great detail.A caller phoned the programme to criticize her comments and Nolan couldn't wait to get rid of him quick enough.

I wonder if she's related to Tommy Sheridan ? :)
  • Options
    brain_higgybrain_higgy Posts: 500
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    curmy wrote: »
    When are the presenters changing on Radio 5 ? It seemed to be the usual misery at 10am this morning !

around october

http://www.bbc.co.uk/mediacentre/latestnews/2014/5live-lineup

also bacon last week this week so makes sense
  • Options
    JanielovesyouJanielovesyou Posts: 814
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Richard just did a preview of his show after the news and sport at 1.30 with Tony Livesey

He said Wednesday would be his last show

(He also said that it is he first time in 3 months that he has been in Salford and that he had come to say goodbye to those that work there)
  • Options
    LostFoolLostFool Posts: 90,660
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The unfunny John Bishop on now. One of those times when you wish radio had subtitles.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    around october

http://www.bbc.co.uk/mediacentre/latestnews/2014/5live-lineup

also bacon last week this week so makes sense

Thanks !
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Richard just did a preview of his show after the news and sport at 1.30 with Tony Livesey

He said Wednesday would be his last show

(He also said that it is he first time in 3 months that he has been in Salford and that he had come to say goodbye to those that work there)

The first time in 3 months ? :o
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I heard two Scottish No voters being interviewed on Drive, it made a change to hear some polite & thoughtful conversation !
This discussion has been closed.