Options

Take That tickets!!!! (Merged)

MrsRobinsonMrsRobinson Posts: 4,492
Forum Member
✭✭✭
It took me AGES to get two tickets this morning (rip off prices) but I see there are over 1,000 lots of TT tickets on e bay at extortionate prices (thousands of £s) and quite a few people have dozens of tickets at loads of venues!!!! How do they manage that because I was sitting for ages on the phone and internet getting just two tickets for one venue!!!

I don't know how genuine one advert is that has 18 bids and is up to over £300,000.00 :eek:

Comments

• Options
    John DoughJohn Dough Posts: 146,595
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Fools and their money..........:rolleyes: Well done on getting your tickets but sadly we all know the Ebay profiteers will sell theirs too.:mad:
  • Options
    Kazz_xKazz_x Posts: 844
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    started trying for mine at 9 and finally got 2 at 11:30... very long time...
  • Options
    Julie68Julie68 Posts: 3,137
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I hate the people who buy tickets and sell on them on Ebay with a vengeance. Its all very well if you buy the tickets and something comes up nearer the time of the event so you have to sell them or lose the money but these vultures on Ebay buy the tickets with no intention of going to the event.
    I got tickets for the WWE wrestling on the morning they were made available, I went through SEE tickets as Ticketmaster are a joke. It made me so mad that just three hours after the tickets had gone on sale, the Ebay vultures had them up for sale.
    It disgusts me that people do that. I would never buy tickets from Ebay as I will not line those scummers pockets. There are people who genuinly want to see the shows but can't get the tickets from a proper agent because of these vultures.
  • Options
    PawsaPawsa Posts: 459
    Forum Member
    I'm still trying :(

Won't be buying from eBay, learnt my lesson there when I got ripped off 3 years ago.
  • Options
    Nuts In MayNuts In May Posts: 1,616
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    My daughter's been trying all morning on every ticket site going, and she still can't get hold of any. She's livid that people are buying them and selling them immediately on EBay for hundreds of times the cover price.
  • Options
    Sparkling GemSparkling Gem Posts: 149
    Forum Member
    I had 2 laptops and phone, so did my mum and my friedn was trying at work too:o
    We eventually got 4 up in the gods.
    Could not even get into the general admission order bit, kept getting unable to find server message:mad:
    It is ridiculous, as much as I hate Glasto's rule about registering and proving who you are, I am beginning to think that's the only way to deal with these greedy b*stards!
  • Options
    pixxyypixxyy Posts: 1,216
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I was having trouble on all sites, til I was recommended Ticketmaster Ireland. Got thru straight away :D
  • Options
    nickyislady_tnickyislady_t Posts: 597
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    £750000.00 now!!!! surely that cant be real??? who would spend that?!?!?
  • Options
    pixxyypixxyy Posts: 1,216
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

There fake bids to annoy the touts, Sucks for the genuine fans being forced into paying tout prices. Also so many scam sites i've seen people posting they finally got ticket, only to be told theyd been scammed:(
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 455
    Forum Member
    I didn't try to get tickets they were a rip off in the 1st place. :mad:
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 75
    Forum Member
    I've been trying since 9 - went on ebay out of interest and in cardiff alone there are 90 sellers

I'm soo mad how do these people get away with it !!!
  • Options
    JazzSP8JazzSP8 Posts: 440
    Forum Member
    OMG - £950,100.00 - 31 Bids!!

Oh! - £4.99 Postage and packaging as well ROFLMAO!
  • Options
    Simone17Simone17 Posts: 944
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I loath the ticket touts.:mad:

Got my tickets though, thanks to my sister spending a good chunk of the morning on the phone and internet. She got through on the phone in the end, we got standing tickets too.:D
  • Options
    Sparkling GemSparkling Gem Posts: 149
    Forum Member
    Simone17 wrote: »
    I loath the ticket touts.:mad:

Got my tickets though, thanks to my sister spending a good chunk of the morning on the phone and internet. She got through on the phone in the end, we got standing tickets too.:D

Wow, well done!!:D
    I just kept getting the phone domain is busy and cut off:mad::mad::D
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,197
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

I dont understand it either, i wouldn't spend 75 pence, nor would i got to see them even if they were performing in my back garden.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    My daughter got hers at 2.30 this afternoon.

She's so pleased!
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,232
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    9.20 on Ticketmaster. I guess we were really, really lucky.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 101
    Forum Member
    I see that ebay ticket-touts selling Take That tickets have had their auctions sabotaged by people making ridiculously high bids - obviously intending the unscrupulous auctions to be ruined.

http://shop.ebay.co.uk/?_from=R40&_trksid=p3907.m570.l1312&_nkw=take+that+tickets&_sacat=See-All-Categories

Obviously "Buy It Now" sellers will not be affected.
  • Options
    northernslayernorthernslayer Posts: 3,496
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    the bids are a bit of a wind up, it's all pretty pointless because you get a suspension from eBay for doing it lol People are posting on other forums and on the tt facebook about bidding right up to 1 million on all tix!

I got mine around half 10. Can't believe how much of a hassle it was, you'd think they knew what to expect!
  • Options
    GeorgiecatsGeorgiecats Posts: 6,628
    Forum Member
    This will happen every time at every concert because the ticket companies don't care who or how many tickets are sold or who to. If the maximum allowed was reduced to 4 instead of 8 it may help. Touts block up the lines, websites etc. stopping genuine fans trying to get hold of just 2 tickets.

Also I think genuine fans (that is those of us who have bought all the albums, buy the merchandise, and loyally follow) should be given priority (don't know how though!) via their own website - before they go on sale generally. I've been disappointed many times and spent hours on websites and phone lines getting nowhere or getting rubbish tickets up in the heavens.

There are people making thousands out of fans loyalty and desperation to see them. Nobody does anything about it.

There were websites offering tickets last night before they even went on sale. Obviously they didn't have any for sale because they hadn't bought any.

And all those corporate people who get complementary tickets and don't even like TT or bother to go - what a criminal waste when people really really really want to go and want to pay the going rate.

Ticket selling is all very very wrong.
  • Options
    Loop o' SoupLoop o' Soup Posts: 417
    Forum Member
    My daughter's been trying all morning on every ticket site going, and she still can't get hold of any. She's livid that people are buying them and selling them immediately on EBay for hundreds of times the cover price.

Beware that it is not the ticket agency selling the tickets over on Ebay, i seem to recall a report on BBC Watchdog about Ticketmaster notifying people a show had been sold out only for them to resell them on their own resale website.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 101
    Forum Member
    Well, just had a refresh of ebay and tickets being sold, and there are 4,682 results - each one mostly selling multiple tickets!

So looks like there are literally tens of thousands of tickets unsold - or snapped up by touts.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Beware that it is not the ticket agency selling the tickets over on Ebay, i seem to recall a report on BBC Watchdog about Ticketmaster notifying people a show had been sold out only for them to resell them on their own resale website.

Try reading the post properly and also my other post above.

She was just observing that the tickets are being sold at inflated prices on EBay. She got them off Ticketmaster in the end anyway, so unless they've turned crook she'll be fine, and she's not so stupid that she'd buy them on EBay at those prices anyway.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 10,287
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It took me AGES to get two tickets this morning (rip off prices) but I see there are over 1,000 lots of TT tickets on e bay at extortionate prices (thousands of £s) and quite a few people have dozens of tickets at loads of venues!!!! How do they manage that because I was sitting for ages on the phone and internet getting just two tickets for one venue!!!

I don't know how genuine one advert is that has 18 bids and is up to over £300,000.00 :eek:

£300,000?? That's outrageous!

I'd love to see TT but won't be around next year when they're doing their shows, besides, I hate crowds. Wembley Stadium would freak me out. :(
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    £20,000 - this is taking the pi$$.:eek: :eek:
    The seller needs to cancel these bids pronto as somone's obviously trying to yank their chain.

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/X2-TAKE-ROBBIE-TICKETS-LONDON-WEMBLEY-SAT-2ND-JULY-/140471435742?pt=UK_Tickets_Tickets_LE&hash=item20b4c001de