sidsgirlsidsgirl Posts: 4,425
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Cheryl. And l am not a fan of hers.
  • Options
    j24j24 Posts: 3,932
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    never found elle attractive actually. yes she has a great body but nothing special about her face imo
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 10,287
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Cheryl's miles better-looking. I've never rated Elle, including all this 'The Body' business. Cindy Crawford has always had a far better body, IMO.
  • Options
    avidreaderavidreader Posts: 932
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I'd say Elle, no contest.
  • Options
    KieranDSKieranDS Posts: 16,545
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    You could have found better pictures.
  • Options
    Gaspanic!Gaspanic! Posts: 2,933
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    This is DS, Cheryl won't win. Put her against Amy Winehouse and the result would be the same.
  • Options
    crystal_methcrystal_meth Posts: 8,379
    Forum Member
    I hate this silly comparisons. People are all different. What's to compare between two utterly disparate and unconnected females? It's not even as if we're being asked to compare say Cole v Danni Minogue or Elle v Crawford, which would at least have everyone on a levelish playing field.

Do these comparisons ever get dreamt up involving men?
  • Options
    lexi22lexi22 Posts: 16,394
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Elle's type of beauty is very different to Cole's. When Elle was Cole's age, she was naturally beautiful without make up, had a gorgeous fresh look and a really long limbed beautifully proportioned body - hence her being a supermodel. Cole certainly doesn't have her rangy beauty and is I guess pretty rather than beautiful, but has imo a very artifical prettiness since it's so dependant on acres of make-up and fake tan.

So it's Elle without question for me.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    lexi22 wrote: »
    Cole is I guess pretty rather than beautiful, but has imo a very artifical prettiness since it's so dependant on acres of make-up and fake tan.

When she was younger she was naturally dark skinned and very attractive.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CA0HRghbVkk&feature=related
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Gaspanic! wrote: »
    But she isn't. That's some tripe that get's repeated over and over until people believe it. When she was younger she was naturally dark skinned and very attractive.

What a ridiculous statement! I am basing my opinion of her on what I see in front of my eyes, not on other people's opinions of her. You need to keep your fandom in check. Beauty is in the eye of the beholder and this beholder does not think she is beautiful in any meaningful sense. And why bring up stupid silliness over DS bias here. I've rarely posted on Cole, have no opinion of her other than I think she's grossly over-hyped. She's pretty, but beautiful? Never. That's my opinion, live with it.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    What a ridiculous statement! I am basing my opinion of her on what I see in front of my eyes, not on other people's opinions of her. You need to keep your fandom in check. Beauty is in the eye of the beholder and this beholder does not think she is beautiful in any meaningful sense. And why bring up stupid silliness over DS bias here. I've rarely posted on Cole, have no opinion of her other than I think she's grossly over-hyped. She's pretty, but beautiful? Never. That's my opinion, live with it.

:confused:

I was disagreeing with your view that she has artifical features and relies on make up. Not that you don't find her beautiful. Plenty of people don't. The bias on DS is a fair point to make, you'd be crazy not the notice that she is far from popular in these parts.

Do these comparisons ever get dreamt up involving men?

The readiness of women to compare and criticise other women is a foundation stone of the media. Men don't feel the need to do the same to other men.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    :confused:

I was disagreeing with your view that she has artifical features and relies on make up. Not that you don't find her beautiful. Plenty of people don't.

The bias on DS is a fair point to make, you'd be crazy not the notice that she is far from popular in these parts.

That may be so but my opinion has nothing to do with any bias. I don't even read the Cole threads - just not interested in her at all - and am going solely by her appearance. As I said, JMO. :)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The readiness of women to compare and criticise other women is a foundation stone of the media. Men don't feel the need to do the same to other men.

That is true but don't weaken the point by making the assumption that anyone who has an opinion on Cole that fails to agree with your own is being a bitch for the sake of it.
  • Options
    Unigal07Unigal07 Posts: 22,326
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Elle McPherson was a supermodel. Phenomenal body and a beautiful face.

Cheryl Cole is just a pretty face, covered in makeup, dark fake lashes. She was nothing special when she joined GA, I would never have looked at her twice in the street. Of course she looks great now, but compared to a supermodel? Puh-lease!

Elle, any day.
  • Options
    iluvdanniiiluvdannii Posts: 3,147
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Unigal07 wrote: »
    Elle McPherson was a supermodel. Phenomenal body and a beautiful face.

Cheryl Cole is just a pretty face, covered in makeup, dark fake lashes. She was nothing special when she joined GA, I would never have looked at her twice in the street. Of course she looks great now, but compared to a supermodel? Puh-lease!

Elle, any day.

LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL 'PUH-LEASE'!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

This is what I don't get. She was prettier when she first joined GA but the media created this ugly duckling rising into a beautiful swan image, which isn't true.
  • Options
    Unigal07Unigal07 Posts: 22,326
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    This is what I don't get. She was prettier when she first joined GA but the media created this ugly duckling rising into a beautiful swan image, which isn't true.

IMO Cheryl was nothing at all special when she first got into GA. Just a chav with a pretty face and less than perfect teeth. Now she looks more glamorous and elegant (depending on what her hilarious XF stylists put her in), but to compare her to a supermodel and suggest she's more special looking is so hilarious, I can't even say.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    IMO Cheryl was nothing at all special when she first got into GA. Just a chav with a pretty face and less than perfect teeth. Now she looks more glamorous and elegant (depending on what her hilarious XF stylists put her in), but to compare her to a supermodel and suggest she's more special looking is so hilarious, I can't even say.

I prefer Cheryl, I find most models like Ellie very emotionless and boring to look at, what's hilarious about that?. I wasn't aware that you had to come from a prestigious background to be attractive either and you'll find that most men couldn't care less about how classy amd elegant a woman looks. Post this question on a football forum and you might get a different result.
  • Options
    sidsgirlsidsgirl Posts: 4,425
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm a bit confused here. Are we voting for good facial looks, or for the body as well. Cheryl cannot compete with Ellie's figure imo, but definitely knocks her into a cocked hat for the facial. imo of course.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,354
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I don't understand how you can pit these two against each other considering they have NOTHING in common. One's a former supermodel and the other is barely a singer. :confused:
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 120
    Forum Member
    I loathe ElleMcPherson.

She is a self involved pathetic excuse for a woman. The biggest reason I loathe her is the answer she gave in a magazine article ten years ago.

"I would never bethe victim of any kind of domestic abuse. I am too strong in mind for that"

What a complete idiot - clearly she has no idea about domestic abuse and the mental abuse and wearing down of self esteem that goes with it. It could happen to Elle, despite her being "strong in mind"
  • Options
    bridgetbbridgetb Posts: 835
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Elle. I find the whole fake hair thing with Cole grossly unattractive. I love Elle's natural thick long locks - she looks amazing for her age too.

But then again I am not a cheryl fan so it's obvious I am gonna say Elle.. :rolleyes:
  • Options
    BReal2BReal2 Posts: 863
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Exactly! Very pretty but not beautiful IMO. Spot on!
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 6,537
    Forum Member
    Elle by a million miles...she hasn't got a record for ABH either, which can be kind of a turn off...