Abbey convert

Liza with a ZeeLiza with a Zee Posts: 1,194
Forum Member
✭✭✭
I now believe Abbey deserves to win. Their performance tonight was awesome. I thought hey were over marked in the earlier dances. However I do think they truly deserve to win they're brill. Only one teensy weeny thing that annoys me about Abbey... Does she have ADHD she can't stand still for 2 seconds.

Comments

• Jan2555*GG*Jan2555*GG* Posts: 11,064
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I now believe Abbey deserves to win. Their performance tonight was awesome. I thought hey were over marked in the earlier dances. However I do think they truly deserve to win they're brill. Only one teensy weeny thing that annoys me about Abbey... Does she have ADHD she can't stand still for 2 seconds.

That's spooky I said same tonight. I haven't noticed it before but tonight she was a terrible fidget I actually thought she was drunk at one point.
  • edy10edy10 Posts: 18,399
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    This is quite something coming from the OP :o;-):) !!!
  • trevvytrev21trevvytrev21 Posts: 16,973
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I like her too <3

She's messy in latin, but genuinely enjoys dancing more than anyone else left.
  • Bus Stop2012Bus Stop2012 Posts: 5,624
    Forum Member

It looks like a sort of self conscious, lack of confidence sort of thing to me.
  • BMLisaBMLisa Posts: 15,198
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It's possibly nerves. She was able to stand perfectly still on modelling shoots on BNTM but often would fidget at panel as I noticed it back then.

I also think she's bubbly and vivacious too but deffo a lot is nerves.
  • Liza with a ZeeLiza with a Zee Posts: 1,194
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    That's spooky I said same tonight. I haven't noticed it before but tonight she was a terrible fidget I actually thought she was drunk at one point.
    here's hoping it's naturally induced
  • kayceekaycee Posts: 12,046
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    When the series started I really expected not to like Abbey; most unfair, I'll admit, as all I knew about her was what I had been seen in the newspapers.

I very soon started changing my mind. As a person, she comes across as very charming, with no put on air an' graces, just very natural. As for her dancing, it's not always perfect, but for some reason it always makes me smile.

Nerves, excitement and adrenalin can all be a cause of the fidgets mentioned above.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    edy10 wrote: »
    This is quite something coming from the OP :o;-):) !!!
    Hehe typically fickle. :D
  • Doghouse RileyDoghouse Riley Posts: 32,491
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    She always looks as if she's enjoying herself, the noises she makes during lifts amuses me.
  • Mrs BBVMrs BBV Posts: 3,003
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think she wonderful......I can't help but smile as she sings along to the dances as she performs. And the ITT footage of her squealing at every lift her and Aljaz practised was so funny. I could watch her for hours. Her ballroom is so elegant and graceful, her Latin so sparky and fun.
  • anirose26anirose26 Posts: 1,432
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    In the launch show and in the Tess pit after their first dance, I really thought I wasn't going to like her. I never knew her before strictly, so didn't have any prejudices. But soon I started to like her, after some time only I grow to like Alijaz, now they are my favorite. They always put a smile on me. Their dances are the ones I enjoyed most in this series. I'm not a confident person, nerves will play a hell on me. So to see her nervous and perform well gives me some sort of boost if you know what I mean. I don't know whether she has got enough public support to win, but she is the winner for me and I'll always enjoy their dances.
  • j4Rosej4Rose Posts: 5,482
    Forum Member
    I think Abbey is AMAZIN and her whole experience has been AAAMMMMMAAAZZZIN...
  • Dilly 1Dilly 1 Posts: 39,906
    Forum Member
    Mrs BBV wrote: »
    I think she wonderful......I can't help but smile as she sings along to the dances as she performs. And the ITT footage of her squealing at every lift her and Aljaz practised was so funny. I could watch her for hours. Her ballroom is so elegant and graceful, her Latin so sparky and fun.

I think she's FAB :D Even last week in the swingathon when all the other couples were stomping off, booing and hissing....Abbey ran of WHOOPING :D:D:D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    anirose26 wrote: »
    In the launch show and in the Tess pit after their first dance, I really thought I wasn't going to like her. I never knew her before strictly, so didn't have any prejudices. But soon I started to like her, after some time only I grow to like Alijaz, now they are my favorite. They always put a smile on me. Their dances are the ones I enjoyed most in this series. I'm not a confident person, nerves will play a hell on me. So to see her nervous and perform well gives me some sort of boost if you know what I mean. I don't know whether she has got enough public support to win, but she is the winner for me and I'll always enjoy their dances.

Ditto Alijaz and her are so gorgeous together. Pity about crouchy
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Dilly 1 wrote: »
    I think she's FAB :D Even last week in the swingathon when all the other couples were stomping off, booing and hissing....Abbey ran of WHOOPING :D:D:D
    That's what they were supposed to do it's an act???
  • soapfan_1973soapfan_1973 Posts: 3,624
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    If anything Aliajz has given himself a great boost to getting called back next series. Possibly the best new recruit for this series all together
    Forum Member

I didn't think I was going to like Alijaz to be honest. But he's won me over, he seems sweet, and I like his choreography.
  • Dilly 1Dilly 1 Posts: 39,906
    Forum Member
    That's what they were supposed to do it's an act???
    I know it was an act and I wasn't criticizing them for it. The point I was making is that she has so much enjoyment that she couldn't quite get the hang of the booing and hissing that she was probably 'supposed' to do, but left whooping instead she is so joyful ;-)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    If anything Aliajz has given himself a great boost to getting called back next series. Possibly the best new recruit for this series all together
    Doesn't hurt that he looks as if he's chiseled from granite. Jeez I need to lay off the gin:D
    Forum Member
    I know it was an act and I wasn't criticizing them for it. The point I was making is that she has so much enjoyment that she couldn't quite get the hang of the booing and hissing that she was probably 'supposed' to do, but left whooping instead she is so joyful ;-)

She carried on dancing on the spot as well :D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

She does seem to seem to be "in the zone" as it were
  • Cestrian18Cestrian18 Posts: 6,857
    Forum Member
    Her American Smooth was the dance of the series for me, effortlessly gorgeous and shows how much she's come on, I love Susanna and Kevin to pieces, but voted for Abbey tonight, I hope she gets through :D
  • henrywilliams58henrywilliams58 Posts: 4,963
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The title of this thread took me back decades when we used to have discos with the Convent girls from St *****'s Abbey School ... ;-)
  • edy10edy10 Posts: 18,399
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Mrs BBV wrote: »

^^^^^^^:):):)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The title of this thread took me back decades when we used to have discos with the Convent girls from St *****'s Abbey School ... ;-)
    Let's guess.... St Sixtus? St Mary? St Swithin? St Theresa? Give us the first letter