Options

Salsa Dancing Granny Already Winner of Spains Got Talent in 2009

psychologistxpsychologistx Posts: 389
Forum Member
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LklyREGTG6s

Sarah Paddy Jones won Spain's Got Talent in 2009

The awful thing about this is that Simon Cowell must know about this act, has obviously drafted them in and yet goes through the whole charade acting out that he doesn't know them, pressing the button, casually mentioning how he hates ballroom dancing just before the act comes on, we are being taken for mugs here, our intelligence is being insulted, and this clearly shows how the whole show is entirely contrived.

Comments

• Options
    Littlegreen42Littlegreen42 Posts: 19,964
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Not surprised...

It's all manipulated.
  • Options
    spkxspkx Posts: 14,870
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Spain's Got Talent finished in 2008 after just one series. That's NOT spain's got talent
  • Options
    sarahj1986sarahj1986 Posts: 11,305
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I'm just catching up now, as soon as I saw it I knew I'd seen them before
  • Options
    Everything GoesEverything Goes Posts: 12,972
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I watched this and was sure I saw this act before somewhere so that explains it!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The BGT Facebook page is going mental on this, seems to be noticed by quite afew people
  • Options
    SamuelWSamuelW Posts: 8,447
    Forum Member
    Its very heavily manipulated. Cowell probably invited them to audition in the first place.
  • Options
    Brummie Girl Brummie Girl Posts: 22,817
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    spkx wrote: »
    Spain's Got Talent finished in 2008 after just one series. That's NOT spain's got talent

Exactly, they won a show called Tu Si Que Vales (You Are Worth It) which is nothing to do with the Got Talent franchise
  • Options
    psychologistxpsychologistx Posts: 389
    Forum Member
    you're right, but it may be nothing to do with the BGT franchise, but still I very much doubt that Cowell didn't know who she was because in an interview with the Sunday People she said "We were picked by the producers" - so obviously been drafted in by Cowell - yet he sits there pretending and faking - it's like a big lie. It was probably even 'scripted' for Amanda to press the golden button - heck, I bet even David Walliams off the cuff remark when the lights went out for the electric dancing act was scripted "ooh simon what are you doing", I can't believe a word of it now, like on X Factor when Louis was approached by a produced and then changed his mind. FIX FIX FIX the lot of Cowells pulp programs.

They probably sat in a room beforehand and discussed it all.

Cowell - right so you two come on and do a bit of a boring dance, then I will press the buzzer, then you look at me for a few seconds in disgust and then break out into a wild dance. Amanda, you pretend to cry and at the end press the golden buzzer..etc..et.c
  • Options
    SegaGamerSegaGamer Posts: 29,076
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    My Mum said she remembers seeing them on Paul O'Grady.
  • Options
    Reality SucksReality Sucks Posts: 28,538
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    you're right, but it may be nothing to do with the BGT franchise, but still I very much doubt that Cowell didn't know who she was because in an interview with the Sunday People she said "We were picked by the producers" - so obviously been drafted in by Cowell - yet he sits there pretending and faking - it's like a big lie. It was probably even 'scripted' for Amanda to press the golden button - heck, I bet even David Walliams off the cuff remark when the lights went out for the electric dancing act was scripted "ooh simon what are you doing", I can't believe a word of it now, like on X Factor when Louis was approached by a produced and then changed his mind. FIX FIX FIX the lot of Cowells pulp programs.

it's down to the producers to scout for acts, not Simon Cowell personally. I doubt that he has anything to do with it. My brother in law is a TV director and is less cynical about these shows than your average DSer.

And so what if she won some talent competition in Spain? We've never seen her before in this country.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Of course Simon (and probably the other judges) knew about them. It was quite well publicised when they won back in 2009. I'm really surprised it weren't even mentioned at all on the show and the judges pretending like they'd never seen it before, so fake
  • Options
    JamieHTJamieHT Posts: 12,207
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I said that as soon as I saw her on +1. Not impressed. She's already made Simon most. Grrrrr.
  • Options
    Everything GoesEverything Goes Posts: 12,972
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It was quickly featured in the Daily Mirror seconds after the show finished....

Viewers saw Paddy, 79, and partner Nico Espinosa impress all four judges - but the pair had to fend off accusations of *cheating because they won a Spanish TV show.

And the nimble pensioner, who is based in Spain with Nico, spoke of her upset at “fix” rumours, saying: “We were picked by the producers but it was our own idea.

http://www.mirror.co.uk/tv/tv-news/britains-talent-paddy-nico-simon-3406432
  • Options
    mal2poolmal2pool Posts: 5,690
    Forum Member
    They have been on Dont stop me now on Sky. Got through and won there too.
  • Options
    Reality SucksReality Sucks Posts: 28,538
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Always with the fix rumours on here. I enjoyed watching it, made me laugh my head off and I thought she was a lovely, dignified lady. Good luck to her. :)
  • Options
    Jesse PinkmanJesse Pinkman Posts: 5,794
    Forum Member
    And so what if she won some talent competition in Spain? We've never seen her before in this country.
    SegaGamer wrote: »
    My Mum said she remembers seeing them on Paul O'Grady.

So one has to ask why some on DS just keep making excuses all the time?
    As soon as anyone complains about anything on here, a DS apologist turns up with their 'it doesn't matter to me so that means it doesn't matter'.
  • Options
    duckyluckyduckylucky Posts: 13,878
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I dont care what she was on before I just didnt think she was great really
  • Options
    CorabalCorabal Posts: 3,373
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    spkx wrote: »

http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news/british-grandmother-wins-spains-version-436173

You were saying?
  • Options
    Jesse PinkmanJesse Pinkman Posts: 5,794
    Forum Member
    mal2pool wrote: »
    They have been on Dont stop me now on Sky. Got through and won there too.

But I haven't seen them anywhere else so that all that matters. I'm right.
  • Options
    chloebchloeb Posts: 6,501
    Forum Member
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LklyREGTG6s

Sarah Paddy Jones won Spain's Got Talent in 2009

The awful thing about this is that Simon Cowell must know about this act, has obviously drafted them in and yet goes through the whole charade acting out that he doesn't know them, pressing the button, casually mentioning how he hates ballroom dancing just before the act comes on, we are being taken for mugs here, our intelligence is being insulted, and this clearly shows how the whole show is entirely contrived.

of course he knows who they are, they were 'invited' to appear
  • Options
    Cellar_DoorCellar_Door Posts: 2,275
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Always with the fix rumours on here. I enjoyed watching it, made me laugh my head off and I thought she was a lovely, dignified lady. Good luck to her. :)

Same here. We all know the shows been manipulating us since the first series so I don't see the big deal. She seemed like a lovely, genuine lady.
  • Options
    chloebchloeb Posts: 6,501
    Forum Member
    duckylucky wrote: »
    I dont care what she was on before I just didnt think she was great really

no she wasnt...he was just throwing granny around
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 223
    Forum Member
    chloeb wrote: »
    no she wasnt...he was just throwing granny around

Was funny seeing a gran thrown around. The best contestant was the woman in the blue dress having canes put through her on BGMT she knows the score.
  • Options
    Hollie_LouiseHollie_Louise Posts: 40,028
    Forum Member
    Producers invite people to audition on all of the three talent shows don't they?
  • Options
    anteroantero Posts: 5,547
    Forum Member
    The direct equivalent in Spain, according to Wikipedia, was the one series of 'Tienes Talento" (You Have Talent). I'm a bit dubious of whether she came of her own accord of course!