Options

derren brown infamous - channel 4 - 9.00pm

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 133
Forum Member
derren brown infamous on channel 4 at 9 o'clock, saw this in July at kings Glasgow fab!
Interesting to see how it comes across on tv.

Comments

• Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0
    Forum Member
    he looks really different without the beard and hair
  • Options
    bleeleebleelee Posts: 129
    Forum Member
    This was a really good show. Seen it in edinburgh. 2nd half was particularly impressive
  • Options
    toofasttoofast Posts: 2,240
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I absolutely cannot bear that Galaxy advert, and that music which accompanies it!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    rhumble wrote: »
    he looks really different without the beard and hair
    He does! and much more relaxed look with suit
    bleelee wrote: »
    This was a really good show. Seen it in edinburgh. 2nd half was particularly impressive

Yeah it really was!
  • Options
    MrSuperMrSuper Posts: 18,545
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    claire77 wrote: »
    derren brown infamous on channel 4 at 9 o'clock, saw this in July at kings Glasgow fab!
    Interesting to see how it comes across on tv.

This July gone past in Glasgow???
  • Options
    owlloverowllover Posts: 7,980
    Forum Member

Well I'm really impressed with that first bit! How on earth did he come up with the dogs' names?
  • Options
    InspirationInspiration Posts: 62,706
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    This bit was mad. I'm an anxious person so I pretty much immediately opened my eyes and it's always quite spooky to see how many people go all in and they're actually under. Theres always a really errie silence too. Amazing how well behaved the rest of the crowd is.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0
    Forum Member
    I love what Derren Brown does, ive never been keen on the hypnotising stuff though
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Hypnosis is BS. It's just people complying to what us being said. No one goes 'under' like shown here.
  • Options
    JoystickJoystick Posts: 14,259
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    rhumble wrote: »
    I love what Derren Brown does, ive never been keen on the hypnotising stuff though
    I'm a bit skeptical about it too, I always just think people just put it on lol.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    owllover wrote: »
    Well I'm really impressed with that first bit! How on earth did he come up with the dogs' names?

Actors, researchers, trickery. It ain't hard to do.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    MrSuper wrote: »
    This July gone past in Glasgow???

Yep july 2014
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Woodbine wrote: »
    I'm a bit skeptical about it too, I always just think people just put it on lol.

You're exactly right. They do. People just complyand go aalong with it. They are completely aware of everything. It should be called compliance not hypnosis. It's BS.
  • Options
    Serial LurkerSerial Lurker Posts: 10,763
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    owllover wrote: »

Facebook probably.
  • Options
    FortyTwo25FortyTwo25 Posts: 5,170
    Forum Member
    I hate that it looks like this guy is in a coffin. I've never seen a Brown show before
  • Options
    MrSuperMrSuper Posts: 18,545
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    claire77 wrote: »
    Yep july 2014

Dammit! I had no idea i would have bought tickets! How many nights did he do? Was it sold out?

I saw absolutely no posters for his show in Glasgow over the summer at all. I guess i musn't have walked past the Kings Theatre. Absolutely gutted! :(
  • Options
    Forum Member
    gross bit coming up
  • Options
    Forum Member
    toofast wrote: »
    You're exactly right. They do. People just complyand go aalong with it. They are completely aware of everything. It should be called compliance not hypnosis. It's BS.

He doesn't say he is hypnotising people
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Facebook probably.

Researchers and audience applications. The rest is just show to make it look like he can mind read. No one can.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    He doesn't say he is hypnotising people

But he very strongly implies it! ;-)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    But he very strongly implies it! ;-)

He explicitly says its not.

Anyway just enjoy it
  • Options
    Fairyprincess0Fairyprincess0 Posts: 30,085
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Researchers and audience applications. The rest is just show to make it look like he can mind read. No one can.

I goes to great lengths to say he doesn't read minds.... What he can read is 'micro-signals'. The same way a good poker player can read 'tells'.....
  • Options
    Forum Member
    MrSuper wrote: »
    Dammit! I had no idea i would have bought tickets! How many nights did he do? Was it sold out?

I saw absolutely no posters for his show in Glasgow over the summer at all. I guess i musn't have walked past the Kings Theatre. Absolutely gutted! :(

Aww, basically saw it on derren brown site! He does Edinburgh one year, Glasgow the next, hes in Edinburgh in may.
    Yep he was there from 14-19th july. Pretty much a sell out but the king being an old building with no air con and the lights didn't help!
  • Options
    JoystickJoystick Posts: 14,259
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Derren always outs fortune tellers and mind readers and other things as fake, just like he has been doing in this show. I'm skeptical but I do like to sit down and enjoy Derren Brown shows, the topics he's going on about now are interesting.
  • Options
    Foxy RhinoFoxy Rhino Posts: 1,029
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

I saw this show one night and they didn't ask any personal info at any stage beforehand.