Options

The Crazy Frog (merged)

BLACKKN1GHTBLACKKN1GHT Posts: 32
Forum Member
Ive just seen the new Crazy Frog advert and have noticed that his private parts have been covered up with a black square. Is this because some sad, narrow minded old women have been complaining that they could see some testicals on the old advert? how very sad :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

GET A LIFE U SAD COMPLAINERS :mad: :mad:
ANYONE WOULD THINK U HAVE NEVER SEEN A PAIR OF BALLS BEFORE! :D

Comments

• Options
    chenkschenks Posts: 13,231
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    the black box cover has been there on the previous ads too.

my complaint is about the feckin annoying adverts in the first place.. sometimes being shown twice in the one ad break !
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 59
    Forum Member
    The crazy-frog concept may be new... however the actuall sound effect (the bike) was originally used quite a time back. I remember some 8 years or so ago, I was given a link which opened a picture of a red race car and the sound effect!

I was in hysterics!

The crazy-frog nonsese has completely ruined it!
  • Options
    be more pacificbe more pacific Posts: 19,061
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I object to the ads being so blatantly aimed at children, even though ringtones are supposedly only available to over-16s. :mad:
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,825
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I called ICSTIS to have a right rant about ads like this, all the bloody woman kept saying was "If it says +16's only then it is ok". grrr. Yeah like a 14 year old is gonna read that and think oh no,.
  • Options
    steveof1985steveof1985 Posts: 401
    Forum Member
    ring ding ding dingding ding, beeeeoowwwwww bom bom bom.......

:D
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 65
    Forum Member
    Just when I thought it was safe to watch TV without the mute button to hand, that f*****n frog returns.

It is now polluting ITV1 .... are they trying to take over every damn channel?

I'm sure I'm not the only one who switches channels when that advert comes on .... but what do viewing figures matter when jamster <spit> pay the channels stacks of cash to show that crap :mad:
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 698
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    ring ding ding dingding ding, beeeeoowwwwww bom bom bom.......

:D

I just love that advert :mad: NOT

There is another one with a stupid annoying feathered bird :mad:

If it was the other kind of bird I would love it :D
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 856
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    079700 wrote:
    I just love that advert :mad: NOT

There is another one with a stupid annoying feathered bird :mad:

If it was the other kind of bird I would love it :D

and don't forget:

Here I am, Look at Me, We Can Fly 2Gether! ;)

Nessie the Dragon
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,804
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yeah, i remember the racecar. The site was something like www.ketunk.com or something. It said you were insane if you laughed at it.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 764
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I object to the ads being so blatantly aimed at children, even though ringtones are supposedly only available to over-16s. :mad:

Have you seen that other jamster ad with that bloody dragon? It's very very very clearly aimed at under 16s, it grabs their attention with bright colours and cheery music then sneaks the "Under 16s only" message on screen so they won't notice :rolleyes: .

And since that frog got censured it has only gained appeal for the audience, it works just like that "18" sticker on GTA.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,487
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    i think the box was added just to make it more interesting, i think if it was forced it would not be made so c**p, it would be pixelated
    ;):) :rolleyes: :D :eek: :p:);):D

EDIT: lol, someone got there before me! :)
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 658
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Crazy frog was in between the ITV1 soaps tonight.
    I thought it was like £50,000 a slot prime time? That's a lot of frog to sell :D
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 65
    Forum Member
    jaybee24uk wrote:
    I thought it was like £50,000 a slot prime time? That's a lot of frog to sell :D

I hope jamster go bust and rot away ...

The frog ad was in ad breaks between tonights Bond film. The mute button has been busy tonight ....
  • Options
    ash_proctorash_proctor Posts: 320
    Forum Member
    Zoolòók wrote:
    The crazy-frog concept may be new... however the actuall sound effect (the bike) was originally used quite a time back. I remember some 8 years or so ago, I was given a link which opened a picture of a red race car and the sound effect!

I was in hysterics!

The crazy-frog nonsese has completely ruined it!

do you mean this?
    http://www.tekzoned.com/instest/
  • Options
    be more pacificbe more pacific Posts: 19,061
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    dan tribe wrote:
    Have you seen that other jamster ad with that bloody dragon? It's very very very clearly aimed at under 16s, it grabs their attention with bright colours and cheery music then sneaks the "Under 16s only" message on screen so they won't notice :rolleyes: .
    And those birds. Don't forget those bloody evil birds. They're a lot scarier than Hitchcock's.
    dan tribe wrote:
    And since that frog got censured it has only gained appeal for the audience, it works just like that "18" sticker on GTA.
    Just like those late night Hollyoaks rape specials. I'm really, really looking forward to making a "double whammy" complaint about a blatantly kiddie-orientated Jamster advert in a blatantly kiddie-orientated late night Hollyoaks rape special. :mad:
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 726
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Ive just seen the new Crazy Frog advert and have noticed that his private parts have been covered up with a black square. Is this because some sad, narrow minded old women have been complaining that they could see some testicals on the old advert? how very sad :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

...Yer but whats it got to do with DTT????
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 6,364
    Forum Member

There were anumber of complaints about the fact that the frog's genitals were visible. However, AFAICT they were all rejected by the ASA/Ofcom.

It seems to be a decision on the part of Jamster themselves to censor the advert. Perhaps gloating at those who complained???
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,571
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    localhost wrote:
    I hope jamster go bust and rot away ...

The frog ad was in ad breaks between tonights Bond film. The mute button has been busy tonight ....

Doubt it...

www.jamster.co.uk
    www.jamster.com
    www.jamster.fr
    www.jamster.de
    www.jamster.no
    www.jamster.fi
    www.jamster.ch

And these look interesting...

www.jamster.it
    www.jamster.se
    www.jamster.at
    www.jamster.nl
  • Options
    Crazy FrogCrazy Frog Posts: 157
    Forum Member
    jaybee24uk wrote:
    The crazy frog is big big business, it had made millions. I'm sure it's only kids who know no better who pay £3 or whatever for it, no grown adult in thier right mind would pay to have that frog on thier phone!
  • Options
    Hamlet77Hamlet77 Posts: 22,440
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    coolgirl wrote:
    I called ICSTIS to have a right rant about ads like this, all the bloody woman kept saying was "If it says +16's only then it is ok". grrr. Yeah like a 14 year old is gonna read that and think oh no,.

Yeah and it's not like the 'poor naive' 12, 14 or whatever year old is just getting the fe**in' anoying ringtone but they are actually signing up for text after text after text at 3 quid a pop. I could almost agree with the likes of Jamstar for supplying a demand (it's the capitalist economist in me) but b****y h**l by purchasing one ringtone you are actually 'signing' a rolling contract. I am stunned it is actually legal. In what other form of commerce can a supposed 16 year old sign a rental or lease? Cos that's what it is similar too.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 36
    Forum Member
    Doubt it...

And these look interesting...

www.jamster.it
    www.jamster.se
    www.jamster.at
    www.jamster.nl

In these countries Jamster! = Jamba! ... the world domination continues.

The frog advert was shown twice during EVERY break of a programme I was watching on five yesterday.
  • Options
    SystemSystem Posts: 2,096,970
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I seen Jamba on MTV Germany,MTV2POP,VIVAs,TMF9,MTV F and MTV Italy and there plently more theres no way they are going to go.

Its known as Jamba in Europe not Jamster coz they had alot of bad things said if you read decent newspapers.
  • Options
    Anda_panda345Anda_panda345 Posts: 1,173
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Crazy Frog wrote:
    The crazy frog is big big business, it had made millions. I'm sure it's only kids who know no better who pay £3 or whatever for it, no grown adult in thier right mind would pay to have that frog on thier phone!

erm, my 34 year old housemate has the axel F remix as his ringtone :eek: :(:cry:
  • Options
    SystemSystem Posts: 2,096,970
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The thing is Axel F is that popular because its the first bit of dance realesed scence 2000 and theres no dance music here . The ringingtone sounds completely different to the Captain Hoilwood - Axel F song. Its says on the Jamba adverts that the axel f is the best selling ringingtone in the uk.
  • Options
    FlickstaFlicksta Posts: 82
    Forum Member
    God! Not Jamster again...i fricken hate the company!

Just checked their site again, and it's so frustrating that theirs no UK contact address, their main base is in Germany!

Their nice customer care number is their though 08701213186

Try asking to speak to the manager of UK operations and you fobbed off with the most ridiculous excuse ever, which is, they get you to write to the main company in Germany!

The bloke in charge of UK operartions has been mentioned in the papers before, but can't remember his name, wouldn't mind doing a Google search for him once i know!