OT: For all Panda Fans

Comments

• BuddyBontheNetBuddyBontheNet Posts: 28,156
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
  • celfyddydaucelfyddydau Posts: 1,060
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The pandas at Atlanta Zoo, National Zoo Washington and Memphis Zoo all have panda cams.

Earlier this year there was a baby boy panda born at Vienna zoo but they don't have a cam :(

Zhen Zhen decided yesterday that as she now has her name she is going to start walking! She is active at about 1pm US time which is about 8pm here.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Wolong in China has the most baby pandas, so there's never any shortage of clips from there too - we are so spoiled LOL!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,693
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    She is being active at the moment rolling around and playing with her paws and her ears- Mum not waking up though!!

Have now spread the link about at work too so panda watch is expanding!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 93
    Forum Member
    The pandas at Atlanta Zoo, National Zoo Washington and Memphis Zoo all have panda cams.

Earlier this year there was a baby boy panda born at Vienna zoo but they don't have a cam :(

Zhen Zhen decided yesterday that as she now has her name she is going to start walking! She is active at about 1pm US time which is about 8pm here.

I missed all the original excitement on Saturday night when everyone was waiting for spoilers but I saw the link to the San Diego Zoo yesterday and now there are all these as well :eek:

I am now officially addicted to panda cams and thank goodness for the timelapse links as well :o
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    They are both awake! Mum's having breakfast and Zhen Zhen just stepped outside (took a while to get there LOL!), but Mum immediately brought her back inside LOL!

Ooops! Off she goes again! Baby is determined to escape, but Mum is just as determined LOL!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 93
    Forum Member
    Ah bless, she's having a fidget and now she's just escaped again :eek:

BTW Buddy, I've just posted after you on another thread - am not stalking you, really I'm not :D:D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Ah bless, she's having a fidget and now she's just escaped again :eek:

BTW Buddy, I've just posted after you on another thread - am not stalking you, really I'm not :D:D

I'm not worried - you like pandas LOL!:D
  • PufflePuffle Posts: 2,508
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Grrr so gutted, can't access the panda cam from work (actually probably a good thing as I doubt I'd get anything done if I were able to)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 434
    Forum Member
    I told a friend about the panda cam and she told me about Africam. Now I never get anything done!:eek:
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Puffle wrote: »
    Grrr so gutted, can't access the panda cam from work (actually probably a good thing as I doubt I'd get anything done if I were able to)

I know just what you mean!

I work from home and if I start watching nothing gets done as a lot of the time there's nothing to see (like now :o:) and I sit waiting for a peek of a panda LOL! :D
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,558
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    *squeeeeeeeeee*

Little Zhen Zhen is up and about, wriggling around. :)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    My mum (also now addicted to pandas!) found this link. There's no date but she weighed in at a pound less than what it states on her profile so it was fairly recently I think.

Zhen Zhen teething!
  • lea27lea27 Posts: 11,426
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    although its cute, its also sad to see them confide like that and not in the wild!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    lea27 wrote: »
    although its cute, its also sad to see them confide like that and not in the wild!

Very true, but Giant Pandas are an endangered species so if we didn't have programs like the one San Diego Zoo is participating in then it is possible that the only pandas we would be seeing would be ones in pictures. :(

They seem to be very inefficient breeders so perhaps the natural thing is to let them die out. It's a bit of a dichotomy though because they are so beautiful, too!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,993
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    aaah, ive just sent all my mates pandacam postcards....they'll be so chuffed:)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,397
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    its so addictive, i cant stop watching. Gao Gao (i think thats what the males called) eats and eats and eats. the bamboo that panda goes through
  • gillypandagillypanda Posts: 13,963
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I put this on the thread on Saturday night :) I'm so pleased to have a thread dedicated to pandas!

Here is a link to the Giant Pandas in Ocean Park in Hong Kong - people queue for hours to see them, and all they ever do is sleep :D
  • Shadow70Shadow70 Posts: 1,729
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Wolong in China has the most baby pandas, so there's never any shortage of clips from there too - we are so spoiled LOL!
    Oh good, I was looking at the web cam page for San Diego and thinking that Mei Sheng looks such a cute panda, and was sorry to read that he has gone to Wolong. Now I can become a panda stalker and follow him there.
    its so addictive, i cant stop watching...
    You're so right. I have got home from work, and checking out the panda cam was one of the first things I did. Not a lot going on at the moment, just Bai Yun on the floor not moving.
  • olivejolivej Posts: 14,696
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    baby is ALWAYS sleep when I look in

Does he/she ever move????
  • HollyCHollyC Posts: 5,850
    Forum Member
    I have become totally addicated to PandaCam since Saturday night!
    However, tonight I have dipped in to ElephantCam AND ApeCam.
    I almost feel like I've been unfaithful :o
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    HollyC wrote: »
    I have become totally addicated to PandaCam since Saturday night!
    However, tonight I have dipped in to ElephantCam AND ApeCam.
    I almost feel like I've been unfaithful :o

**whispers - I've been peeking at the polar bears but not seen one yet** :p
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    This is a cracker - it shows the 16 baby pandas in China on the day of the big photo shoot LOL!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N3lQdLTBXNU&eurl=
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    olivej wrote: »
    baby is ALWAYS sleep when I look in

Does he/she ever move????

Yes she does :) her and mum were playing earlier today and another time she was tottering around a bit. But mostly she sleeps! :D
  • CP30CP30 Posts: 6,595
    Forum Member
    Hellywelly wrote: »
    My mum (also now addicted to pandas!) found this link. There's no date but she weighed in at a pound less than what it states on her profile so it was fairly recently I think.

Zhen Zhen teething!
    Pandacam has got to be the only good thing to have come out of the BBC's stupid idea not to have a live results show. :D