Options

Has recent events put anyone off watching?

Comments

• Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 158
    Forum Member
    OK have fun :)
    let's not fall out over a forum! :eek:
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,877
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I will probably watch it but won't worry if I miss a bit. I feel less enthusiastic than before, as I did with ITT tonight, missed the middle bit. Normally I gear everything around being free to watch ITT and SCD.
  • Options
    spaceygalspaceygal Posts: 3,448
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I will most certainly still be watching the show. I was almost put off it in recent weeks because of the whole JS farce, which I felt was beginning to turn the show into a joke. I've always loved Strictly and I now look forward to seeing it settle back down into being a greatly entertaining dancing contest it usually is. I felt the whole series was just becoming The John Sergeant Show. Not his fault, but frustrating nonetheless. Maybe now the focus will be back on all the other (genuinely good) dancers on the show! I'm rooting for Rachel and Tom in the final, they're by far the best, in my eyes, although I really like Christine too. And all the wonderful professional dancers, of course!
  • Options
    BlondsicleBlondsicle Posts: 542
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I'll definitely be watching too - and I agree with Spaceygal that it was in danger of becoming the JS show,which was beyond boring. I won't miss John,but will miss Kristina who did a fabulous job with him. I feel he was wrong to quit - and don't see why he should get a farewell dance when others who had to leave for genuine reasons didn't have the same opportunity. I'll be watching all except his dance :(
  • Options
    exlordlucanexlordlucan Posts: 35,375
    Forum Member
    I'll start watching again now the clown has left.
  • Options
    holidaynumptyholidaynumpty Posts: 1,224
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I tolerated John when other less talanted dancers left eg Mark, Heather, Jessie etc....but when the likes of Cherie (my fav) goes then that is a step too far.

I know others didn't like her but you cannot in all honesty say she was a worse dancer than John Seargant !!!

Being of mature years I longed for someone to go on there and show them what we are made of. I shudder when I think of Gloria Hunniford et al.

Then along comes Cherie...great figure, legs that would put any page 3 model to shame and she could dance !!!!!!

Her ballroom was fantastic. Her Latin wasn't great but was improving all the time.
    And contrast it with that image of John dragging Kristina across the flooor... that has to be the most cringeworthy moment ever on SCD

Yes I will be watching Sat night knowing that my fav has gone but also knowing that that overweight, two left-footed but very nice gentleman who didn't care about the public, who spent loadza money keeping him in, cannot win.
  • Options
    MonaoggMonaogg Posts: 19,990
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I tolerated John when other less talanted dancers left eg Mark, Heather, Jessie etc....but when the likes of Cherie (my fav) goes then that is a step too far.

I know others didn't like her but you cannot in all honesty say she was a worse dancer than John Seargant !!!

Being of mature years I longed for someone to go on there and show them what we are made of. I shudder when I think of Gloria Hunniford et al.

Then along comes Cherie...great figure, legs that would put any page 3 model to shame and she could dance !!!!!!

Her ballroom was fantastic. Her Latin wasn't great but was improving all the time.
    And contrast it with that image of John dragging Kristina across the flooor... that has to be the most cringeworthy moment ever on SCD

Yes I will be watching Sat night knowing that my fav has gone but also knowing that that overweight, two left-footed but very nice gentleman who didn't care about the public, who spent loadza money keeping him in, cannot win.
    Agree totally!
  • Options
    BuddyBontheNetBuddyBontheNet Posts: 28,163
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I am sure we would all like to have no dissent and be agreed with totally. However, in the real world there are differing opinions, and a rich diversity of views and tastes. I think forums like this one demonstrates this. I think to disregard or generalised people who disagree with sugary sentiment is quite narrow minded.:eek:

Once again you have only read what you want read.

If you read my post again you will see I have no problem with people having different points of view - just the way they are expressed.

I doubt if we'd agree on a definition of narrow mindedness.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 67
    Forum Member
    I can go back to enjoying the show now that JS has left.
  • Options
    domedome Posts: 55,878
    Forum Member
    It has actually.

As for ITT, the introduction last night was insulting to all the dancers that had already left this series, not just a dig at John and Kristina.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,330
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I am feeling a sense of relief now the loose horse is off the track and I can get stuck into watching them dance their socks off to the finish. tbh, I shall be glad when all this fuss over a man being judged too Strictly, on a programme with the word Strictly in the title, is over. I can't wait to watch on Saturday and bid a fond and thankful farewell to J & K for ending the voting folly, and then the real contest starts :)
  • Options
    welwynrosewelwynrose Posts: 33,666
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I would not say that Brendan's quick step is a thing to behold. I think there is a reason he has not done one since season one!!!!!

of course there is a reason he hasn't stayed in the competition long enough since season one - just as there are other pros that have yet to do all the dances because they've left the show before doing a certain dance
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 122
    Forum Member
    if you had asked me on wednesday i would have so no i will not be watching the show again. I love Strictly but i was absolutely furious when John quit (i will not start the argument up again about whose fault it was etc etc, this is just my own personal reponse to it). But i've had a few days to calm down and yes i will be watching on saturday because i want to see if Rachel can repeat the brilliance of last week and to see if Tom can do the tango without pulling a silly face which generally puts me off him.

I am really sad that John has gone because in my view he was badly treated by the judges. I will not say in polite (mostly) company what i think about James Jordan. But i have yelled at the tv screen (on wednesday's ITT), I have ranted to my other half (who has also ranted as he feels as strongly about this as I do) and now i am feeling a little sad but resigned to the resignation (sorry couldn't resist ;)) and i am ready to watch the show to see what happens next.

What I hope happens next is that everyone dances well, the judges are nice to everyone and everyone is happy. What i suspect will happen is that the person not at the bottom of the leader board goes home again, the judges will be in uproar, the bad feeling will continue but maybe this time it will be aimed at Jodie or Christine for having the audicity to be popular. We shall see on saturday, i just hope that i am wrong
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 100
    Forum Member
    In answer to the OP, far from it. With the distraction of the S&K affair out of the way the next few weeks will be far more enjoyable. But then I've been watching and enjoying the show for years, not just started last week 'cos some tabloid told me to.
  • Options
    rated_2000rated_2000 Posts: 2,610
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    i will still watch but the show has been soured by the vulgar treatment of john.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,079
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Not necessarily more cringeworthy than James playing guitar on Cherie's leg, or Andrew's headbanging tango :o

I'm not speaking as a fan of John's, but I thought most of the comedy in his routines - including the paso - was at least intentional, unlike the above instances.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 162
    Forum Member
    Watching this weekend for the JS dance then no real interest in watching further. It's ceased to be light entertainment for me and shown itself to be rather a nasty little show because of the various personalities - judges, C-lebrities - involved.
  • Options
    teewoodsteewoods Posts: 752
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    why watch a show knowing everyone is only dancing for 2nd place? JS won it!!!
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 8,062
    Forum Member
    I will be watching to see John's farewell dance. After that I don't know. I find all the others a bit dull tbh. We seem to have a rather weak bunch this year personality wise. A lot of half-celebs learning to half-dance because as someone said on here last year, even the best of the best amongst the celebs would never get more than a 5 in a professional contest. Take away the drama and the crises and there isn't that much left really. At least not for me.
    The BBC are certainly trying very hard to talk the show up at the moment though. It will be interesting to see how viewing figures are affected after this Saturday, when John has really left.
  • Options
    kittleskittles Posts: 4,327
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    yep I certainly will.
    Yeh I'm sure the people who only switched on over the last few weeks because of sergeantgate may well not watch it but that's up to them. I've watched it for 4 series and I'm not going to stop now.
  • Options
    susie-4964susie-4964 Posts: 23,143
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I don't understand what all the fuss is about. Either this is a dance competition or it's a pantomime, make your choice, but it can't be both. I'm happy to be entertained by watching people who couldn't dance before learning and improving each week. Joe Public has already thrown out two perfectly good dancers in the forms of Cheri and Heather in favour of someone who is a very poor dancer, just because they felt like having a bit of a strop. I admire JS for doing the honourable thing and refusing to play this stupid game. If the public would prefer a show where everyone just messes about and gets laughs, fair enough, but I won't be watching it.
  • Options
    domedome Posts: 55,878
    Forum Member
    Not necessarily more cringeworthy than James playing guitar on Cherie's leg, or Andrew's headbanging tango :o

I'm not speaking as a fan of John's, but I thought most of the comedy in his routines - including the paso - was at least intentional, unlike the above instances.

That's true enough.

Who really was being laughed at and not with? :D
  • Options
    IvanIVIvanIV Posts: 30,310
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I will be watching, in this stage of a competition I want to see competent dancers. But the recent events put me off reading and posting at this forum. There's one thread for every single bloody aspect of the "case" and I am getting annoyed by it.
  • Options
    katkimkatkim Posts: 10,271
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I won't be watching with glee now that John as left, this has left a nasty aftertaste, but I will be watching as my favourites are still in the show, and John leaving doesn't diminish my enjoyment of watching them. I do think the show and its concept has been damaged, though.
  • Options
    SeymourSeymour Posts: 8,248
    Forum Member
    I can enjoy the last few weeks of SCD now the attention seeker is leaving the building, mind I don't know when I will get to make my cup of tea, I saved that for when John was prancing about. :D