Ciara - One Woman Army (Album thread)

1789101113»

Comments

• Options
    MaksonMakson Posts: 30,489
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    O.Michel wrote: »
    So happy for Ciara!!!!!! An r & b album with no promotion and no UK single charting in the top 50!!! Who would have thought? It's also at #4 on the urban chart!

She needs to release 'Livin It Up' as an official single in the UK ASAP! With the renewed interest in her combined with Nicki's popularity and the song's obvious radio friendly qualities, it can be a hit and push the album into a higher chart territory as well. So exciting :D

(The album is also #77 in Netherlands)

As a casual fan, i say that Overdose is the song that is begging to be released so it can smash the uk charts.
    Livin' It Up sounds too "J.Lo lite" and Nicki is getting tired as hell.
    Watch Overdose not get a release now:rolleyes:
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 6,058
    Forum Member
    So, Ciara did manage to debut at #2!!! Her second highest debut EVER after 'The Evolution'!! :D
    Her sales are only 57k though :cry: Let's hope she keeps promoting, because unlike other albums, this one has potential to sell consistently. We're obviously not getting any promo anytime soon, unless 'I'm Out' starts smashing on radio, which is what I'm hoping for.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    'Body Party' rose to #22 on the Billboard Hot 100 :D:D

It had a great run. It may be sent to pop radio on Tuesday, so let's see if that works out. :)

'I'm Out' jumps to #44. If the airplay was a bit better, it would have definitely entered the top 40, but radios are still eating 'BP' up, so there's no space for 'IO' yet. Hoping for a top 40 peak at some point in the future though, especially given how it just rose to #30 on urban radio! :D

As far as the album is concerned, it's #2 in the US, #21 in Canada and #82 in Japan. :) 'Basic Instinct' failed to chart anywhere except for the US, so it's nice to see 'Ciara' sold better. :)

And in more general news, Ciara got a nomination for the VMA's!!! 'Body Party' is nominated for Best Choreography. She NEEDS to win this. It would be very well deserved. :)
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,849
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Ciara's success this time around (although fairly modest) feels so well deserved. Everything about this album has just fallen into place beautifully. Her image is right, her performances are unreal (who else in R&B is delivering like she is on the stage right now?), the album is tight and pretty much filler-free, and she's found a sound that works for her. Lovely girl, great album. Hopefully they pick Livin' It Up and continue to push her.
  • Options
    johnboybetterjohnboybetter Posts: 1,407
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    She deserves to win the VMA for her category!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    She just crossed the 80k mark in the US. It's going to outsell 'BI' in 2 weeks or so, which is a nice improvement.

In better news, 'BP' is proving to be quite a smash hit! It's still top 5 on urban and it just entered the top 10 on rhythmic!!! She hasn't been a force in rhythmic years since 'The Evolution'. The song's sales are also quite good (close to 400k probably), so she has a gold single coming her way :)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Future confirmed during a radio interview that the next 2 singles from Ciara's album are 'Where You Go' and 'Overdose'!!!

PERFECT choices! :D 'WYG' is going to slay Urban radio! If Rihanna's 'Lov7 song' could go top 5 without an official release, 'WYG' has top 3 on lock! 'Overdose' will be a huge challenge because some of her fans expect it to be a smash hit and I know it won't be. All it has to do is re-introduce her to pop radio, so as long as it enters the pop chart, even at #40, I'll be pleased with it. It can do well on rhythmic radio and in Europe, though.

Meanwhile, 'BP' is still top 30 on the Hot 100 and #3 on Urban radio and 'I'm Out' just spent its 5th week on the Hot 100 (who would have thought?) and it's close to the top 25 on Urban radio :)
  • Options
    MikePJBMikePJB Posts: 5,514
    Forum Member
    I still feel Livin' It Up is screaming to be released. I feel that will be bigger than Overdose. I feel it's more catchy.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    MikePJB wrote: »
    I still feel Livin' It Up is screaming to be released. I feel that will be bigger than Overdose. I feel it's more catchy.
    Same here. 'LIU' is catchier, it charted better during the album's release week and it features Nicki, so it'd be much easier for it to take off internationally and on US pop radio than a solo Ciara song. In Europe, Ciara's biggest and most memorable hits are '1,2 Step', 'LSM' and 'Taking Back My Love'. They're all features/ duets, so another feature would be a great re-introduction.

Still hope 'Overdose' succeeds, although I know it won't be the smash hit some fellow fans predict it will be. :cool:
  • Options
    MikePJBMikePJB Posts: 5,514
    Forum Member
    O.Michel wrote: »
    Same here. 'LIU' is catchier, it charted better during the album's release week and it features Nicki, so it'd be much easier for it to take off internationally and on US pop radio than a solo Ciara song. In Europe, Ciara's biggest and most memorable hits are '1,2 Step', 'LSM' and 'Taking Back My Love'. They're all features/ duets, so another feature would be a great re-introduction.

Still hope 'Overdose' succeeds, although I know it won't be the smash hit some fellow fans predict it will be. :cool:

Yeah I agree. On forums etc people seem to thing Overdose will smash but I just don't see it. Livin' it Up I could see doing well internationally. It's more instant than Overdose I think. Hopefully if they ride this album out it may get a release. Then again it's a summer song so no better time than the present.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Let me revive this thread a little bit :D

'Body Party' just spent its 20th week in the Billboard Hot 100 with sales close to 450k. It's still top 60 on the main chart and selling consistently every week. Gold soon!

The next single is confirmed to be 'Overdose'. She'll be performing it on Ellen on Tuesday (Sept 17th). She's also going to perform an unplugged version of it at some non-televised pre-Grammy event today or tomorrow. And talking about Grammy's, 'Body Party' had better get the recognition it deserves. It needs at least 2 nominations (Best R & B song and performance).

The US urban single was supposed to be 'Where You Go', but she hinted that she may release 'Read My Lips' due to popular demand after all. I don't mind the song personally. :)

The album has sold 115k, so it's outsold 'BI', but it needs a hit to keep it going.