Options

Strange issue with iPhone 3GS and Dock

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,515
Forum Member
✭✭✭
I bought my parents a TV/DVD/iPod Dock combi for Christmas.. The problem I am experiencing is that my Father's iPhone 3GS does not charge or connect to the TV when docked, however it does have an onscreen message on the phone talking about Cellular interference. Now whilst I accept that the TV is made for iPod, both my Mum's iPhone 3G, and most bizarrely my iPhone 4 works perfectly with the dock .. We all are running iOS 4.2.1.

I cannot see why if my Mum's iPhone 3G works that my Dad's 3GS would not, as I thought they both ran with the same circuitry etc .. especially as my iPhone 4 works! Any suggestions? Apart from the obvious of trying another 3GS which I cannot get hold of!

Thanks

Comments

• Options
    Thine WonkThine Wonk Posts: 17,190
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I'm presuming it says that the accessory is not designed for the iphone and do you want to disable the phone function as it may interfere. If so I used to get that when plugging in to a car dock.

It always still charged and played though with a 3G, there are differences in hardware between different iphones.

Does the dock say it supports iphones, or just ipod touch?

It is odd I agree.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,515
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Thine Wonk wrote: »
    I'm presuming it says that the accessory is not designed for the iphone and do you want to disable the phone function as it may interfere. If so I used to get that when plugging in to a car dock.

It always still charged and played though with a 3G, there are differences in hardware between different iphones.

Does the dock say it supports iphones, or just ipod touch?

It is odd I agree.

Hi yes, all our iPhones state that you might get cellular interference, however both my iPhone 4, and my Mum's 3G both charges and connects to the TV to play Music, watch Films, Photos etc, on the TV perfectly.

It is an iPod Dock and not made for iPhone, I accept this. Just find it bizarre that the 3G and 4 works, but not the 3GS.