Options

Scouting for a new phone.

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 810
Forum Member
✭✭
Okay, so my Sony Ericsson Satio has served me loyally for about 15 months now, but I am growing tired of it, and as my contract draws to a close, I would like to find a new phone that is quite perfect for me.

I am a HUGE mobile facebooker - I am an actual addict. Sad but true. I am also very much an internet user in general on my phone, always googling and wikipedia-ing and.. checking bus timetables ;).

I have only had Ericsson's for YEARS now. Had the old k800i for a long time, moved on to some other phone, which I despised, went back to my faithful k800i, then got my contract on the Satio a few weeks after it came out.

I do love my camera-phones, so they are sort of key for my mobile experience, however I can just use the Satio as a digitalcamera and not for the phone if I look at it that way. Not enough ericsson's have the Xenon Flash...

I am contemplating on getting a BlackBerry, but they are a little hyped at the moment and I do not get on with the keypads at all, although I'd likely get used to them. I am also looking into getting an Android phone to have a play, the Xperia X10 is looking quite nice, but genuinely, any good recommendations for phones that seem to suit my needs?

Comments

• Options
    pi r squaredpi r squared Posts: 4,272
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Because you don't have any particularly niche requirements, probably the best advice we can give you to be honest is go and have a play with a few and decide on which you like the most from that. Pretty much any phone you buy nowadays is at least fine for general web browsing, including Google. Wikipedia's mobile site is excellent on a phone, so you'll have no problems there.

I don't know what the Blackberry experience is like for Facebook, but on Android it is excellent. In particular, the use of widgets means it's possible to get Facebook updates right on your homescreens, so you don't even have to launch an application to see what's going on with your circle of friends - I find this incredibly useful and I'm not a hardcore Facebook user by any stretch.

On the other hand, if you're a keen social owl, you may well benefit from Blackberry Messenger and its (effectively) free way of staying in touch with your mates. But as I said at the start, you requirements are fairly standard and so any modern phone will fit your bill - the key decider will be what you (not we) think of them, so get yourself into Carphone Warehouse or a network store and have a play.

Good luck!