After E3 - PS4 or Xbox One?

Comments

• fastest fingerfastest finger Posts: 12,862
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    dearmrman wrote: »
    Sony won no question....

But if MS did a u turn and got rid of the need to be on the internet, DRM restrictions, and ditch the Kinect.

Which machine then would you prefer?

Assuming that taking out Kinect bought the price down to £350, then it would be a much tougher choice.

But the Vita interactions, social elements, graphical advantage and Gaikai functions of PS4 would probably still win me over.
  • 2dshmuplover2dshmuplover Posts: 8,271
    Forum Member
    alfster wrote: »
    We are pretty much at the point where good graphics is a taken...it is game play I am after now.

I absolutely agree with you, both consoles are graphically impressive and it's now more about gameplay. I'm only point out what I'm seeing and the PS4 games like Infamous still look lovely. We've had a high standard of graphics now for the past few years anyway.
  • Jenny1986Jenny1986 Posts: 16,527
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Anyone else noticed how X1 games all seem to have better graphics than PS4 games? Just compare Infamous Second Son (looks awesome btw!) to Dead Rising 3, fairly big difference. Sony daren't even release any gameplay footage of Drive Club yet! Something very wrong there, the fact it's given away for free to PS+ users kinda suggests that.

Say what you like abut MS but they have comfortably won the games war this E3.

Here is your gameplay demo, it was just uploaded.

http://uk.ign.com/videos/2013/06/12/driveclub-gameplay-demo-e3-2013
    Forum Member
    Minkinit wrote: »
    I do not want too seem that am taking your words out of context. However, as a PS+ subscriber, some months, I feel that I am ripping sony off.

I am hoping for the same feeling with drive club :)

I think it's a cool idea to have a F2P model for that game, same with Killer Instinct on X1 but it does point to a lack of confidence in both products to sell well at retail.
    Forum Member
    Jenny1986 wrote: »
    Here is your gameplay demo, it was just uploaded.

http://uk.ign.com/videos/2013/06/12/driveclub-gameplay-demo-e3-2013

Um, not what I was expecting but a great ad all the same. :)

edit: Got it, sorry thank you for the upload. For some reason that took me to an ad but I'm there now.
  • wildphantom!wildphantom! Posts: 561
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Anyone else noticed how X1 games all seem to have better graphics than PS4 games?

Erm to counter argue no. Killzone: Shadow Fall looked the best looking game of the show (minus MGSV which is multi-plat) and the facial expression's in inFAMOUS Second Son were something else, The Division which was shown on the PS4 and Destiny looked amazing.

Plus many Sony first-party Dev's were missing: Looking forward to Gamescom and TGS.

Media Molecule (Beside Tearaway)
    SCE Bend Studio
    Japan Studio 2nd team/Team ICO (Knack)
    SCE San Diego
    Santa Monica main team
    Guerilla Games rumoured 2nd team
    SCE London studio
    Naughty Dog 2nd team.
  • ConroyConroy Posts: 3,031
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Anyone else noticed how X1 games all seem to have better graphics than PS4 games? Just compare Infamous Second Son (looks awesome btw!) to Dead Rising 3, fairly big difference. Sony daren't even release any gameplay footage of Drive Club yet! Something very wrong there, the fact it's given away for free to PS+ users kinda suggests that.

On Monday I wasn't wowed by any graphics until The Division was shown and looking back at the comments in the E3 thread, I wasn't the only one.
  • Jenny1986Jenny1986 Posts: 16,527
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Um, not what I was expecting but a great ad all the same. :)

edit: Got it, sorry thank you for the upload. For some reason that took me to an ad but I'm there now.

Yeah sorry about that, it was infuriating me, I had to edit it like 3 times, even though I was copying the web address while the demo was playing.
    Forum Member
    OK so I just watched the gameplay demo to Drive Club and as I expected it's not that impressive. Bearing in mind it's confirmed to be running at half the FPS of FM5 too and still looks inferior. None of this means it won't be a fun game though, but just pointing out the obvious which flies in the face of the PS4 being the supposed most powerful system. It's not like Evolution are a novice studio when it comes to pushing hardware.
    Forum Member
    Jenny1986 wrote: »
    Yeah sorry about that, it was infuriating me, I had to edit it like 3 times, even though I was copying the web address while the demo was playing.

That's ok :) I appreciate the effort as I was looking for gameplay everywhere.
    Forum Member
    Wow IGN's Greg Miller gave the Microsoft conference a 9/10. There is hope.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,743
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

I said this to you twice before.

I said you must not have been listening and you still aren't now.

Yoshida said on stage that you will have seen us playing the exclusive titles we showed at the PS Meeting and those gameplays will be uploaded over the course of E3.

They're slowly releasing them rather than showing all at once. Check the PS YouTube channel it's been a constant stream of interviews and gameplays.

On graphics, let's see the Xbox One do this.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BqeuHGESZBA
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 7,305
    Forum Member
    I'm buying them both...eventually. Before E3 i had both pre-ordered on Amazon with the intention of cancelling one, and i've decided to stick with the PS4 and cancel the X1 (i refuse to call it "XBone"...i hope that pathetic moniker dies soon...). Once the X1 comes down in price and Halo 5 comes out then i will probably get one, but i don't see the point in paying £429 for the thing at launch when with the excpetion of Forza 5, Quantum Break and Ryse (the only exclusives that i found interesting), i can get the exact same games on PS4, which is actually the more powerful of the two consoles and therefore more likely to push the graphical envelope as devs get to grips with it (i can't wait to see what Naughty Dog do with it).

For me, Killzone: Shadow Fall and inFamous: Second Son interested me more than the X1 exclusives (i was surprised at just how good inFamous looked!). All that said, literally nothing revealed for the next gen consoles has so far wowed me like the Gears of War demonstration did back when the 360 came out, maybe i've just become more jaded, but nothing shown so far screams "system seller" to me (although The Dark Sorcerer tech demo was probably the closest i came to a "wow" moment, so i eagerly await what Quantic Dream do in the future).
  • redhatmattredhatmatt Posts: 5,197
    Forum Member

Poll disagrees with you bro.
  • MinkinitMinkinit Posts: 446
    Forum Member
    I think it's a cool idea to have a F2P model for that game, same with Killer Instinct on X1 but it does point to a lack of confidence in both products to sell well at retail.

The feeling that I have always had with ps+ is that it is a way of Sony trying to do more than it needs to.

Whether this is just good advertising and me being drawn into it?.. I have no idea

I assume I will find out once I have hand over my hard earned cash :D

My main worry is that, if Sony do become that market leader, that they relax the quality of games provided through the ps+ service
  • wildphantom!wildphantom! Posts: 561
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Didn't know whether to make a new thread for this news but it has been confirmed that Xbox One needs 1.5mbps minimum requirement to connect online.

I know it's easy for us to say about having stable internet connections but many still do not - rural areas.
  • O-JO-J Posts: 18,807
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Hetal wrote: »
    Sony by far. They actually care about their customers.

PS4 HERE WE COME!
  • MinnimoMinnimo Posts: 5,741
    Forum Member
    I love how loads of new people have came into this thread who may not otherwise post in gaming section.

I hope you all stick around. You know who you are ;)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 17,123
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    dearmrman wrote: »
    Sony won no question....

But if MS did a u turn and got rid of the need to be on the internet, DRM restrictions, and ditch the Kinect.

Which machine then would you prefer?

PS4 still. I like the way Sony do things. Also I think PS+ is much better value then Xbox Live Gold and I have zero interest in games such as Halo, Forza, Gears of War etc as I've always preferred the PS exclusives such as Killzone etc and bought most multiplats on PS3 before I sold my 360.
  • ags_ruleags_rule Posts: 19,389
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    chopoff wrote: »
    On graphics, let's see the Xbox One do this.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BqeuHGESZBA

This was the demo of E3 for me, which is ironic considering it was merely a tech demo and not an actual game. But the engine that Quantic Dream have created for PS4 looks simply sensational, and I agree, it remains to be seen if the Xbox One will have the power to trump it.

I suspect though, that the graphical and power differences will, just like the current-gen, be minimal at most. But, just like current-gen in that the 360 can't match the technical and graphical performance of first-party titles like the Uncharted series, LittleBigPlanet and God Of War III, I expect the PS4 will have a top-end in a handful of titles that the X1 won't be able to match. Only a handful though, same as this gen.
  • ags_ruleags_rule Posts: 19,389
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Didn't know whether to make a new thread for this news but it has been confirmed that Xbox One needs 1.5mbps minimum requirement to connect online.

I know it's easy for us to say about having stable internet connections but many still do not - rural areas.

:eek:

That's insane!

Living in Northern Ireland I know for a fact that many areas here cannot reach that. Heck, where I am I couldn't get faster than 1MB until fibre-optic came along, and even then that is an additional expense that I have had to pay just to get a decent quality of internet. Not everybody will be able to afford that, and the copper lines will never get any better than they already are.
  • Premium-OnionPremium-Onion Posts: 3,818
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    ags_rule wrote: »
    This was the demo of E3 for me, which is ironic considering it was merely a tech demo and not an actual game. But the engine that Quantic Dream have created for PS4 looks simply sensational, and I agree, it remains to be seen if the Xbox One will have the power to trump it.

I suspect though, that the graphical and power differences will, just like the current-gen, be minimal at most. But, just like current-gen in that the 360 can't match the technical and graphical performance of first-party titles like the Uncharted series, LittleBigPlanet and God Of War III, I expect the PS4 will have a top-end in a handful of titles that the X1 won't be able to match. Only a handful though, same as this gen.

This.

I am sure we can all agree that both the PS4 and X1 have brilliant graphics, so good that any differences we simply won't care about, it is going to come down to the games and feature of the consoles.

That tech demo was nice though.
  • gothergother Posts: 14,655
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

:sleep::sleep: change the record mate you really are coming across as a fanboy or do you have shares in Microsoft or something?
    Microsoft lost E3 this year even Nintendo beat them. Sorry mate but that's the bottom line.
  • dearmrmandearmrman Posts: 21,435
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Graphics and power are all very good, but gameplay is what really matters.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,743
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    ags_rule wrote: »

I think this gen will be a little different.

Unlike before PC, Xbox and PS4 all use the same architecture.

I think that will aid developers to take full advantage of what a system can do.

I mean it can't be too difficult, as if you think about PC gaming they have default settings and sliders. Stick it on Max if you've got a Titan, stick it on Low if you've got an integrated GPU.

The consoles will have their unique APIs but I think x86 should help us get the full potential shown in multiplats.

For example even COD for Ghosts is authing textures at suepr-high res then pulling down to what each platform can handle but they said before they used to take an average cross the platforms.

And that's 'lazy' COD developers!