No EPG Info on five

TechnixTechnix Posts: 2,571
Forum Member
✭✭✭
im sorry if ths has been mentioned before but for a few months i cannot recieve info on the now and next banner for five from the Sutton Coldfield transmitter

Comments

• Alex OughtonAlex Oughton Posts: 6,739
    Forum Member
    it has been mentioned before, but don't worry about it.

not long after ITV Digital collapsed, a piece of equipment called the centralised service information collator was switched off, as this was something ITVD owned and controlled.

that's your problem.

this is soon to be replaced by BBC equipment. don't worry.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 25
    Forum Member
    Originally posted by Technix
    im sorry if ths has been mentioned before but for a few months i cannot recieve info on the now and next banner for five from the Sutton Coldfield transmitter

The Now/Next doesn't work on five or a lot of the new channels for me either.

For a half decent EPG give Teletext (on channel 9) a go. It takes over a minute to load up on my box, but isn't half bad when you get in there. It does list five:)

See http://forum.digitalspy.co.uk/board/t/41080/ds.html for the Teletext thread
  • Alex OughtonAlex Oughton Posts: 6,739
    Forum Member
    Originally posted by c-h
    ...It takes over a minute to load up on my box...

OUCH!

What box are you using?
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 25
    Forum Member
    Originally posted by omgtkk
    OUCH!

What box are you using?

It's a Bush 6690 IDTV. Not the smartest bit of kit, but it was just right for OnDigital as it came with 12 months free OnDigital service.
  • Mark SmithMark Smith Posts: 2,728
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Why is there still no EPG info on the Sky channels? Are they not going to bother and wait until the full cross-channel now/next service is working again?