Dartford crossing changes toll booths being removed.

124»

Comments

• Fists of FedorFists of Fedor Posts: 786
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Ok - thanks for the reply - Just wanted to make 100% sure as wanted to avoid a fine at all costs.

I was wondering if anybody else had the problem of a blank field on your vehicle details even if you have entered them? Even though I enter the make of the car it just shows a blank field afterwards (reg, model and colour still stay there).

I have tried Chrome and also Internet Explorer with no luck so I have deleted the car off my account and think I'm going to either stop off at one of those pay places to make sure it's all ok or use the Blackwall Tunnel today.

Is that even a problem? Mine doesn't show the make, but I've payed it no heed. The registration is recorded and they obviously have the vehicle details.

You could actually just make the crossing and then check online to see if anything has been debited off the account.
  • Mark in EssexMark in Essex Posts: 3,836
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Is that even a problem? Mine doesn't show the make, but I've payed it no heed. The registration is recorded and they obviously have the vehicle details.

You could actually just make the crossing and then check online to see if anything has been debited off the account.

I just wanted to make sure that there was no chance of them having an excuse to fine me.

I've checked my account and it's gone down to £8.33 so the money has been taken out for the one crossing I did yesterday, but the payment history and crossing history does not have a date against the crossing (just ########) although it has the time and direction ok on the spreadsheet.

I wish it was a bit clearer on their site the date and that the money has actually been debited from your account with no issues for each crossing, or even a text or EMAIL to confirm it each time you cross would be nice.

Hopefully the site will get better as I think we need more comeback if we receive a fine (the basic information like the reg, date, time, direction and if it had been paid ok would be nice).
  • RobinOfLoxleyRobinOfLoxley Posts: 27,040
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    There's a good chance the Dates are in the Cells, but the Column Width has been set too narrow to display correctly.

If you have been sent an actual spreadsheet file, and not just a rendering of one:

Click on a ###### to see if the Date appears in the data bar field above the columns.

Adjust column width(s) to eliminate #######s.

https://answers.yahoo.com/question/index?qid=20080424174631AARgCkw

http://superuser.com/questions/65556/excel-displays-for-long-text-whats-wrong

If you don't have the actual spreadsheet, just a representation, you won't be able to change anything and the automatic software at the sender's end needs fixing (by them).
  • Justin AerialJustin Aerial Posts: 5,710
    Forum Member
    bryemycaz wrote: »
    I see they have sneaked this one in without too much coverage.

Millions of drivers face fines of up to £105 from the end of this month. When the toll booths are removed from the dartford corssings on the M25. Payment can now only be done online or over the phone similar to the congestion charge.

I think this is a bad idea not everyone who drives has the Internet some may not even have a phone. Also the price is going up by 50p for what admin charges no doubt >:(

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2824651/Millions-motorists-face-fined-Dartford-toll-road-axes-booths-forces-driver-pay-online.html

It certainly is a bad idea, I never liked it, life`s complicated enough as it is, and for those of us who might only use it once a year it`s load of extra stress and hassle and one more thing we have to remember......
    But, according to The Times* today, it`s also a bad idea for revenue. Apparently most Johnny Foreigners aren`t bothering to pay it. I`m not really in favour of getting out of ones dues and demands, but if the Highways Agency (or whoever it is) is making it so complicated to pay it, then I don`t really blame them for not playing the game !
    And I did not appreciate Steve Gooding (director of the RAC foundation) saying Nobody wants to see the return of the toll booth". Listen mate, be more careful what you say, you`re not talking for me, I`d like to see the return of the toll booths (with lanes with barriers for those who have prepaid)......

* 500,000 have failed to pay since he toll booths were abolished in Oct 2014
  • Prince MonaluluPrince Monalulu Posts: 35,900
    Forum Member
    I went over the bridge just before Christmas, coming back from Essex.
    Thing is there are no signs to say there's a toll to pay, well none that I saw.
    I assumed there was a toll one way and not the other.
    I didn't realise there was a toll until the PCN letter turned up.
    Tried to pay the 'penalty' and it only charged me the £2.50 toll charge rather than the fine plus toll charge.