How many bands are still going without any original members?

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 51
    Forum Member
    Haha too be honest I can't remember anymore. :) Though they're still going after all these years amazes me.
  • shoulderduffshoulderduff Posts: 1,101
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I`m sure that a few years ago `Frankie Goes To Hollywood` were touring America with not one single member from the originals.

I believe the New Seekers have no original members from their starting line up.
  • CLL DodgeCLL Dodge Posts: 115,841
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭

I believe the New Seekers have no original members from their starting line up.

That's true. Seems to be another band where the management own the band name and hire and fire people at will.
  • gomezzgomezz Posts: 44,615
    Forum Member
    I think the London Sympony Orchestra has no original members left in its current line up.
  • Deep PurpleDeep Purple Posts: 63,255
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    TVGirl319 wrote: »
    The Moody Blues still comprise of Justin Hayward, John Lodge and Graeme Edge!! They have just complete a USA tour and are still kicking ass some 40 years later!!!:D:D:D

I saw them on their last UK tour, and I agree with you. Still superb. I was in New York last month, when they were playing there, but it was sold out, so couldn't see them again.
  • Urban BassmanUrban Bassman Posts: 2,230
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Doctor Feelgood are still going without any original members.
  • I love EllieI love Ellie Posts: 8,009
    Forum Member
    Cinderelly wrote: »
    Haha too be honest I can't remember anymore. :) Though they're still going after all these years amazes me.

They are still going and are still shit hot!
  • stupid_cubestupid_cube Posts: 1,342
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    cant believe no 1 mention
    this top scottish rock group

Runrig
  • CLL DodgeCLL Dodge Posts: 115,841
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Renaissance, formed by Keith Relf and Jim McCarty (ex-Yardbirds) in 1969. The original lineup had completey changed by autumn 1971.

Their 40th anniversary tour includes Michael Dunford (who joined in 1970) and Annie Haslam (who joined in 1971) plus various guest musicians.
  • Smiley433Smiley433 Posts: 7,894
    Forum Member
    How much of Cher is still original?
  • chemical2009bchemical2009b Posts: 5,250
    Forum Member
    Smiley433 wrote: »
    How much of Cher is still original?

and Madonna?
  • misslibertinemisslibertine Posts: 14,306
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    guns n roses only have axl left.. but that is one original member, so it doesn't count.

although he looks like a different person these days.
  • afcbfanafcbfan Posts: 7,161
    Forum Member
    So in summation then, the only band going without any original members, and who are in any way relevant, are the Sugababes? :)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,879
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    And the Drifters as well. Still going, and relevant to the thread title.:)
  • Pink WaferPink Wafer Posts: 543
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    A bit embarrassing that I know about these but....

Menudo:o

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Menudo_(band)
  • afcbfanafcbfan Posts: 7,161
    Forum Member
    Davey T wrote: »
    And the Drifters as well. Still going, and relevant to the thread title.:)

When I say relevant, I should say that I mean to the music scene in 2009 which, with the greatest respect to them, kinda rules them out :)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,178
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    afcbfan wrote: »
    When I say relevant, I should say that I mean to the music scene in 2009 which, with the greatest respect to them, kinda rules them out :)

Napalm Death.

Very relevant, even if you haven't heard of them.
  • DizagaoxDizagaox Posts: 4,733
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Just came across this thread!

No Doubt are probably the most high-profile band with no original members. Gwen and Tony joined in 1987 (Gwen was a background singer for the band in 1986, but only part-time and occasionally - she wasn't a band member), Tom in 1988 and Adrian in 1989.
  • elnombreelnombre Posts: 3,625
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    TVGirl319 wrote: »
    The Moody Blues still comprise of Justin Hayward, John Lodge and Graeme Edge!! They have just complete a USA tour and are still kicking ass some 40 years later!!!:D:D:D

Not as much ass as they'd kick if their last 20 years output wasn't one decent regular album, a tepid christmas album and 3 or 4 hits/live compilations.
  • elnombreelnombre Posts: 3,625
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    guns n roses only have axl left.. but that is one original member, so it doesn't count.

although he looks like a different person these days.

Bullshit, it's called getting older. He looks exactly like you'd expect a 50 year old Axl Rose to look.

Also Dizzy Reed has been in the band since about 1988 to present.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 507
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    bryemycaz wrote: »
    In view of the Sugababes still going without any original members are there any other bands who are doing the same.

Brotherhood of man started with a different line up but only had one Hit before the new one took over and had many more hits.

are there any more and were they sucsessful?
    I'm sure The Pussycat Dolls started with members that are not in the current line up.

BIB - That scenario sounds pretty reminiscent of the Sugababes.. One hit, new line-up and huge success!!

The Pussycat Dolls formed the burlesque troupe in 1995 but the recording line-up not until 2003.. If Robin Antin gets her way, the group will return in 2012 with non of the TEN original members will be in the line-up.. They wiped an entire group out in one sweep and replaced them!!

At least the Sugababes had 8 years to get used to Heidi and 4 years with Amelle before Keisha went!!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 50
    Forum Member
    Pitman wrote: »
    tbh, it's utterly pointless to keep a band going if every member has left, this sugababes seems more like a brandname than a band :cool:

the sugababes has never been a band!

It is a marketing brand that's all
  • gpkgpk Posts: 10,206
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Pink Wafer wrote: »
    A bit embarrassing that I know about these but....

Menudo:o

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Menudo_(band)

lol, let me correct that link for you. everyone has to start somewhere.:o
  • Urban BassmanUrban Bassman Posts: 2,230
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    elnombre wrote: »
    Not as much ass as they'd kick if their last 20 years output wasn't one decent regular album, a tepid christmas album and 3 or 4 hits/live compilations.

And Justin Hayward and John Lodge are not original members. They replaced Denny Laine and Clint Warwick in 1967 - after they had a hit with Go Now. So Graeme Edge is the only original member.

Mind you they became a completely different band after they joined.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 581
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Pulp only have Jarvis from the original line up!