Options

Come up with a recipe, please!

.Lauren..Lauren. Posts: 7,864
Forum Member
I have some mini chicken fillets to eat tonight. I want something new to do with them.

I don't want to do fajitas or goujons or kebabs or pasta.

Normally I can come up with lost of ideas but I'm feeling totally uninspired today.

In my house I have a variety of vegetables, tomatoes, rice, various flavourings and seasoning and salad and potatoes.

I hate mushrooms, haricot beans.

Do any of you have any interesting recipes?

Thanks.

Comments

• Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 240
    Forum Member
    Chicken casserole with mashed potatoes and vegetables. Maybe cook the casserole with white wine, stock and cream and add garlic, onions and carrots?

Or a curry?

With this cole weather, I only seem to be able to think of comfort food...
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,070
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Chicken biriyani? A couple of recipies here, you could always leave out one or two of the spices if you don't have them, as the ingredient list is so long.

http://www.spiceindiaonline.com/chicken_biryani/

http://www.indobase.com/recipes/details/chicken-biryani.php
  • Options
    Forum Member
    I don't have enough ingredients for a curry, but thanks for the suggestion!
  • Options
    Roni_JRoni_J Posts: 925
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It’s probably similar taste to fajitas though.

Fry some sliced onion, then add sliced peppers and roughly chopped garlic and fry to soft. Add tinned or fresh tomatoes and smoked paprika to taste (I add quite a lot). I usually use thighs, so they get added and left to simmer on low for about an hour so the sauce is nicely reduced. With fillets I’d reduce the sauce first then add the chicken for a few minutes to cook through.

I serve with either rice or potatoes and some steamed broccoli.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Roni_J wrote: »
    It’s probably similar taste to fajitas though.

Fry some sliced onion, then add sliced peppers and roughly chopped garlic and fry to soft. Add tinned or fresh tomatoes and smoked paprika to taste (I add quite a lot). I usually use thighs, so they get added and left to simmer on low for about an hour so the sauce is nicely reduced. With fillets I’d reduce the sauce first then add the chicken for a few minutes to cook through.

I serve with either rice or potatoes and some steamed broccoli.

Interesting. I fancy some wedges so might do some of those with it.
  • Options
    RAINBOWGIRL22RAINBOWGIRL22 Posts: 24,459
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Sunny chicken.

Brown the breasts in a little oil, then pop them into a saucepan with passata (or tinned tom's), chilli powder, paprika and a little cumin. Add veggies (peppers, baby corgettes and onion work well) and simmer until veg is softened.

I add some chicken stock and some tomato ketchup so the sauce is nice and sweet - but not too sweet! Make it as spicey as you wish.

Can be served with any carb - although I normally do it with rice!
  • Options
    degsyhufcdegsyhufc Posts: 59,251
    Forum Member
  • Options
    kimindexkimindex Posts: 68,250
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
  • Options
    indianwellsindianwells Posts: 12,702
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I can vouch for RBG's Sunny Chicken, it's delish!!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Sunny chicken.

Brown the breasts in a little oil, then pop them into a saucepan with passata (or tinned tom's), chilli powder, paprika and a little cumin. Add veggies (peppers, baby corgettes and onion work well) and simmer until veg is softened.

I add some chicken stock and some tomato ketchup so the sauce is nice and sweet - but not too sweet! Make it as spicey as you wish.

Can be served with any carb - although I normally do it with rice!

I didn't know this actually had a name! I make this quite often when I have left over meat or meat that needs to be eaten!