EE - Which recent/upcoming departure would you like to see return?

felixrexfelixrex Posts: 7,307
Forum Member
A fair few popular character have unexpectedly left or been axed over the past few years, which of these would you most like to see return/wish had never left?

Poll up soon

Which characters would you most like to see return? 280 votes

Charlie Slater
2%
coolerDr K Noisewaterdoormouse1JOEHERERenegade Master[Deleted User][Deleted User] 7 votes
Vanessa Gold
7%
noodkleopatra[Deleted User]SillyBillyGoat[Deleted User]Zack06Dr K NoisewaterMr_Hamiltonfiyero26dazza89[Deleted User]lauren:)[Deleted User][Deleted User][Deleted User]felixrexkenny7[Deleted User]IanMandysoapy soaps[Deleted User] 22 votes
Mandy Salter
7%
Chrissy 2005noodkleopatra[Deleted User]SillyBillyGoat[Deleted User][Deleted User]batman.dazza89JOEHERE[Deleted User]lauren:)Rose-Addict[Deleted User][Deleted User]felixrexkenny7EEforest[Deleted User]IanMandy[Deleted User] 20 votes
Heather Trott
2%
SillyBillyGoat[Deleted User]emmageering[Deleted User][Deleted User][Deleted User]IanMandy[Deleted User] 8 votes
Libby Fox
3%
Cherry7Up[Deleted User]Dr K NoisewaterMadWorld_NESfiyero26The PuzzlerScrabbler[Deleted User][Deleted User] 9 votes
Glenda Mitchell
7%
LaneKent[Deleted User]coolerSillyBillyGoatZack06Dr K Noisewater[Deleted User]Mr_Hamiltonfiyero26The PuzzlerTass B[Deleted User]Rose-Addict[Deleted User]kenny7[Deleted User]IanMandysoapy soaps[Deleted User][Deleted User] 22 votes
Chelsea Fox
3%
Chrissy 2005Zack06Dr K Noisewaterfiyero26The Puzzler[Deleted User]EEforest[Deleted User]IanMandysoapy soaps[Deleted User] 11 votes
Jodie Gold
3%
[Deleted User]The PuzzlerTass BChicklettekenny7EEforest[Deleted User]IanMandy[Deleted User] 9 votes
Darren Miller
4%
cooler[Deleted User][Deleted User]emmageeringdazza89The PuzzlerTass BChicklettekenny7[Deleted User]IanMandyAaron's pants 12 votes
Poppy Meadow
2%
Mr_HamiltonTass B[Deleted User]EEforest[Deleted User][Deleted User] 6 votes
Ryan Malloy
3%
[Deleted User]SillyBillyGoatZack06[Deleted User]The PuzzlerTass B[Deleted User]kenny7[Deleted User]soapy soaps[Deleted User] 11 votes
Peggy Mitchell
9%
[Deleted User]coolerSillyBillyGoat[Deleted User]gavin shipmanZack06Dr K Noisewater[Deleted User]Mr_HamiltonMadWorld_NESfiyero26[Deleted User]emmageeringThe PuzzlerTass BKathyFan12[Deleted User]Rose-AddictBenllech[Deleted User] 26 votes
Jane Beale
5%
noodkleopatraDr K Noisewaterdoormouse1[Deleted User][Deleted User]ScrabblerTass BChicklette[Deleted User]kenny7[Deleted User]IanMandy[Deleted User][Deleted User][Deleted User]Aaron's pants 16 votes
Zsa Zsa Carter
7%
[Deleted User]monalisa62003[Deleted User][Deleted User][Deleted User]Mr_HamiltonMadWorld_NESfiyero26batman.The PuzzlerJOEHERE[Deleted User]lauren:)[Deleted User][Deleted User]EEforest[Deleted User]IanMandysoapy soaps[Deleted User] 21 votes
Peter Beale
8%
Chrissy 2005[Deleted User][Deleted User]Zack06Dr K Noisewater[Deleted User]MadWorld_NESfiyero26batman.[Deleted User]emmageering[Deleted User]Scrabblerlauren:)[Deleted User][Deleted User]felixrex[Deleted User]IanMandysoapy soaps 23 votes
Stacey Slater
7%
SillyBillyGoatZack06momentarythingMadWorld_NESbatman.emmageeringdazza89The PuzzlerTass BJOEHEREChicklette[Deleted User][Deleted User][Deleted User]kenny7[Deleted User]IanMandysoapy soaps[Deleted User][Deleted User] 22 votes
Amira Masood
1%
Zack06[Deleted User][Deleted User][Deleted User][Deleted User] 5 votes
Rainie Cross
6%
noodkleopatracooler[Deleted User]fiyero26batman.[Deleted User]emmageeringChickletteBenllech[Deleted User][Deleted User]kenny7Renegade Master[Deleted User]IanMandysoapy soaps[Deleted User][Deleted User] 18 votes
Eddie Moon
4%
pembo2004valdnoodkleopatradoormouse1The PuzzlerTass B[Deleted User]kenny7[Deleted User]soapy soaps[Deleted User][Deleted User] 12 votes

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,867
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Eddie Moon
    glenda..
  • valdvald Posts: 46,057
    Forum Member
    Eddie Moon
    Eddie, Glenda and Raine.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 974
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Amira Masood
    Bubbly's in the FRIDGEEEEE ARRRRGGGGGH!!!!
  • The PuzzlerThe Puzzler Posts: 7,689
    Forum Member
    Eddie Moon
    Darren, Libby, Jodie, Chelsea, Ryan, Eddie, Zsa Zsa, Peggy, Stacey. Why did they have to get rid of such good characters just to replace them with shite like Whitney, Tyler and Lauren?
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 20,096
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Peter Beale
    LMAO how could Heather ''return'':D (I chose Peggy, Zsa Zsa, and Peter to return btw)
  • Zack06Zack06 Posts: 28,304
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Amira Masood
    The Duchess must return at some point.....there's only so long bingo adverts can last. :)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,141
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Peter Beale
    Out of the options in the poll, I voted for Jane and Peter, I should of voted for Mandy as well, I quite like her.

I'd like Jane and Christian's mother to come back as well, but she's not exactly a recent departure.
  • Chrissy 2005Chrissy 2005 Posts: 9,645
    Forum Member
    Peter Beale
    Mandy Salter, Chelsea Fox and Peter Beale. I feel they've got more story to be told.
  • crazyguyz999crazyguyz999 Posts: 1,984
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    What about danny mitchell?
  • JOEHEREJOEHERE Posts: 2,970
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Stacey Slater
    Voted for Charlie, Mandy, Zsa Zsa and Stacey.
  • LaneKentLaneKent Posts: 2,417
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Glenda Mitchell
    There's a few on that list I wouldn't mind seeing again like Vanessa, Charlie, Peter, Zsa Zsa, Raine; and there are also a few I wish were just killed off.

Anyway I voted for Glenda Mitchell for a whole host of reasons.
    1. There is still loose ends. She needs to clear her name as she fell out with her daughters for all the wrong reasons.
    2. I think there was still a lot of milage in her character. A lot to explore with her messed up personality and past.
    3. I also think she could bring some comedy and glamour into the show.
    4. I also think she could be of great benefit to other characters, especially Roxy (with whom she could form a double act). She could resume her friendship with Carol - if she returns. She could be arch enemies with Shirley and they could have cat fights everytime they met with Roxy caught in the middle. I also think she could gate-crash the book-club. I loved it when she gate-crashed Zainab's get together before the auction. The other women were all happy to share in Glenda's hidden alcohol behind Zainab's back.

I also think Glenda and Derek would be attracted to one another. When he arrived on the Square he had a blonde bimbo who he promptly ditched when he decided not to return to Manchester. As to Glenda, she is attracted to Alpha males and could see Derek as a way of getting back at Phil. At the end of the day where would Glenda's loyalties lie? With the Brannings or with the Mitchells (because of Roxy) who have let her down for years?
  • ScrabblerScrabbler Posts: 51,295
    Forum Member
    Peter Beale
    Out of the options in the poll, I voted for Jane and Peter, I should of voted for Mandy as well, I quite like her.

I'd like Jane and Christian's mother to come back as well, but she's not exactly a recent departure.

I agree about Jane, Peter and Linda.

I like Mandy, I just think that they made a really bad decision pairing her with Ian. When Ian and Jane got together the first couple of years showed them actually caring and loving each other so it worked With Ian and Mandy all they do is argue, i just cannot take to them as a couple. They should have remained as friends.
  • Hound of LoveHound of Love Posts: 80,111
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    What about danny mitchell?

:D

I would vote for no returnees...especially Peggy
  • Rose-AddictRose-Addict Posts: 1,580
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Peggy Mitchell
    Glenda, Peggy, Mandy... and most of all (although not on the poll) Ronnie :)
  • gavin shipmangavin shipman Posts: 9,720
    Forum Member
    Peggy Mitchell
    I think Peggy will return at some point in the future.

I hope the new producer can manage to get her back.
  • dazza89dazza89 Posts: 13,909
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Stacey Slater
    Great to see Vanessa is so so high, such waisted potential by EE.
  • IanMandyIanMandy Posts: 14,893
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Rainie Cross
    Love Mandy, scored very well so did Vanessa.
  • ScrabblerScrabbler Posts: 51,295
    Forum Member
    Peter Beale
    dazza89 wrote: »
    Great to see Vanessa is so so high, such waisted potential by EE.

It was a shame that they started off with the OCD plot and didn't follow through, you think ee would be experts at following through though considering how much sh*t they give us.