Test channel on 900 ?

tvmad-alantvmad-alan Posts: 1,996
Forum Member
✭✭✭
New test channel has come on my BT youview after rescan today with colour bars showing with black strip going down screen with text saying ...
BT TOWER HD/ 3G
SDI Channel 1

any idea ?

Comments

• tomeetomee Posts: 2,891
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Sounds like a test channel to me for BT.
  • tvmad-alantvmad-alan Posts: 1,996
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Thanks tome I have just done a rescan on my Freeview HD TV and it's no there on the listings ? so it must be a BT test channel and just looked at data and it's saying on the EPG banner " test data " and its an internet channel when I press I button....

BT did not have a test channel up as there put up extra 20 odd channels the other week ?
    so why this test ?
  • Colin_LondonColin_London Posts: 12,714
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Alan,

It's the standard multicast test channel that most people who have set up their BT Youview box correctly to their infinity Home Hub will see. If you can see the test channel it means you'll be able to view the BT Sport & Extra channels if you choose to subscribe to them.
  • tvmad-alantvmad-alan Posts: 1,996
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Alan,

It's the standard multicast test channel that most people who have set up their BT Youview box correctly to their infinity Home Hub will see. If you can see the test channel it means you'll be able to view the BT Sport & Extra channels if you choose to subscribe to them.

Thanks for the data Colin_London :cool:

It shows that for over a week with BT new services and me telling them that the service was not working with channels dropping and HUB 5 dropping too many times a day... there found the trouble after my third call and after 3 days they phone to tell me it was fixed and keep HUB powered up for few days and then rescan the youview box and that's when I found the channel which I did not have before....:D