sky box problems

Ben_FreemanBen_Freeman Posts: 326
Forum Member
I turned my sky box on last night and it had no sound. It still recorded and would record and change channels . So I rebooted the box and the sound returned . Later on I noticed my box wasn't recording a programe I had planned when I pressed the sky button it didn't turn on .It took five minutes or so to turn on . When I checked it said technical fault . I thought nothing of it . Rebooted the box today I have been out all day I came back today and It had happened again. I.rang sky who said planner rebuild which I had been doing . They said that it wouldn't happen again . I was watching a DVD when I noticed it had happened again about 930 when it sould of been recording . I rang up sky they just said planner rebuild. At the moment everythng is working fine . The box is updated to the latest version . Don't know if this will help to know when I moved at the beginning of Augurst the engineer swapped my sky box .
What I'm asking is two things . Can anyone explain why my box is doing this . Also can anyone suggest if it happens again what can I do . Thanks for taking the time to read this .

Comments

• Dave-HDave-H Posts: 9,939
    Forum Member
    Well to state the obvious, it's doing this because it's faulty!
    You seem to have done everything that you can to clear the problem, and as long as you have a good signal quality on both inputs, there is nothing else likely to cause your problems other than a faulty box. I suggest you get onto Sky and ask them about changing it again.
    If it was a refurbished box, I don't know how long the guarantee would have been for. If it's only three months you might be outside it already, but I'm sure if you threaten to cancel they will give you a new box anyway!
    :)
  • sodafountainsodafountain Posts: 16,850
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I would email jeremy.darroch@bskyb.com with a polite email, point out that the Sky CS keep telling you to do a planner rebuild, and it won'd do it again, which it does, and surely they shold be booking you an engineer, that should sort it out.