Options

EE: Stacey's (second) Return

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 28
Forum Member
Lacey Turner is one of my all-time favourite actresses, and I'm looking forward to seeing her back on the square. Her and Gillian Wright (Jean) were filming on the 27th June, so I predict Stacey and Jean will be back within the next two weeks, or by the second week of August. Any ideas of what the return storyline will be, or when/where we will see Stacey first? Will it be her trial... or a completely different storyline?

Comments

• Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,925
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm looking forward to her return too. The show is always a lot more interesting when Stacey is around. I don't care how ridiculously far fetched her return is, as long as she is back in the Square where she belongs, I'm happy :).
  • Options
    ScrabblerScrabbler Posts: 51,304
    Forum Member
    I am still not sold on the idea I have to say. I love Stacey and Lacey I am just not sure it's the right time for her to return. Plus I am fed up with all these murderers walking around the sq. it makes no sense.
  • Options
    HarloweHarlowe Posts: 20,021
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Also looking forward to her return, much sooner then expected, I heard Jean has a big role in helping Stacey get released.
  • Options
    J-BJ-B Posts: 18,613
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I for one welcome our new Stacey overlord.
  • Options
    mo mousemo mouse Posts: 38,764
    Forum Member
    She is a murderer and should be in prison and her child put into care.
  • Options
    O-JO-J Posts: 18,850
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    mo mouse wrote: »

She did confess, she's currently in Prison Mr Mouse!
  • Options
    Dr K NoisewaterDr K Noisewater Posts: 11,593
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Her trial has already took place offscreen she was sentenced to 6 years I assume the judge was lenient on her because she handed herself in. Obviously though something is going to happen resulting in her (very) early release. I'm not looking forward to her returning she should be made to serve her full sentence she deserves it.
  • Options
    GeekInfectedGeekInfected Posts: 6,372
    Forum Member
    I'm still conflicted about Stacey returniing to the square. I love the actress and the character, but I've tried to think of scenarios in which could forget her dastardly deed, but I keep failing.

Dickens Hill Mark #2 anyone?
  • Options
    Daily DreamsDaily Dreams Posts: 1,440
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm a big fan of Stacey and for me EE's improvement started around her initial return and I'm glad she confessed to the murder of Archie but I'm also struggling to see how she can come back :( I hope it's not far-fetched since I've really enjoyed EE lately and it's getting better and better for me!
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,925
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm still conflicted about Stacey returniing to the square. I love the actress and the character, but I've tried to think of scenarios in which could forget her dastardly deed, but I keep failing.

Dickens Hill Mark #2 anyone?

I still think Stacey committing murder was a massive SOR that never should of taken place. It completely undid Santer's development of Stacey the year prior to Archie's murder. I find it very hard to believe that Stacey would have it in her to take a life of another person. Rapist or not.
  • Options
    GeekInfectedGeekInfected Posts: 6,372
    Forum Member
    Aaron1995 wrote: »
    I still think Stacey committing murder was a massive SOR that never should of taken place. It completely undid Santer's development of Stacey the year prior to Archie's murder. I find it very hard to believe that Stacey would have it in her to take a life of another person. Rapist or not.

Lest we forget, she suffers from bipolar disorder, not that that is an excuse or a reason to kill, but certainly would have played a major factor in the crime..
  • Options
    guestofsethguestofseth Posts: 5,303
    Forum Member
    Didn't Kirkwood change her storyline? I think she would have turned herself in the last time if Santer was still in charge (it says a lot that the first thing DTC did with Stacey was have her call the police), and now she would have served at least half her sentence (assuming she would have got the same sentence then) and her return would have been all the better for it. (It would have been even better if the murderer wasn't Stacey at all, but what can you do. I still maintain that the obvious choice was Peggy.)

Now it all has to be sped up into six months, which I'm willing to accept if what they do with the character next and it really is "Act Two" and not just a rehash of her old plots. I don't mean that they can't explore her bi-polar or other elements of her character that have already been explored, but they need to be done in new ways.
  • Options
    Last RequestLast Request Posts: 2,975
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Quoted for truth. Her murderous crime shall never be given nor forgotten

She shouldn't be allowed back in society nor breathing the same air as us. Her sentencing happened 4 years to late for my liking.
  • Options
    Hit Em Up StyleHit Em Up Style Posts: 12,141
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Didn't Kirkwood change her storyline? I think she would have turned herself in the last time if Santer was still in charge (it says a lot that the first thing DTC did with Stacey was have her call the police), and now she would have served at least half her sentence (assuming she would have got the same sentence then) and her return would have been all the better for it. (It would have been even better if the murderer wasn't Stacey at all, but what can you do. I still maintain that the obvious choice was Peggy.)

Now it all has to be sped up into six months, which I'm willing to accept if what they do with the character next and it really is "Act Two" and not just a rehash of her old plots. I don't mean that they can't explore her bi-polar or other elements of her character that have already been explored, but they need to be done in new ways.

Kirkwood changed so much in such a short space of time its hard to tell what the hell was going on. Stacey went from being so in love with Bradley she couldn't cope with his death to deciding one month later that Ryan was the love of her life! that whole era was such a bad time for EE as the consistency and continuity was appalling from one episode to the next.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    benbenalen wrote: »
    She did confess, she's currently in Prison Mr Mouse!

Lol !!! Oh yes, I forgot. Wrote that on autopilot.
  • Options
    Sorcha_27Sorcha_27 Posts: 138,852
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Aaron1995 wrote: »
    I'm looking forward to her return too. The show is always a lot more interesting when Stacey is around. I don't care how ridiculously far fetched her return is, as long as she is back in the Square where she belongs, I'm happy :).

I agree Aaron :). I am glad they did address Bradley being blamed for Archie's murder even if some suspension of reality has to occur to get her out of Jail early.

Love Stacey. now if we can only get the gorgeous Rob K back as Sean :D
  • Options
    dale0693dale0693 Posts: 1,529
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Does anyone think they'll kill off Jean when she's in hospital next month?
  • Options
    xTonixxTonix Posts: 56,273
    Forum Member
    Luv Stacey. :D
  • Options
    Keyser_Soze1Keyser_Soze1 Posts: 25,182
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    xTonix wrote: »
    Luv Stacey. :D

Probably for the same reason I do! ;-) :D
  • Options
    J-BJ-B Posts: 18,613
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    A murderess, but a sexy murderess so that balances it out.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 242
    Forum Member
    dale0693 wrote: »
    Does anyone think they'll kill off Jean when she's in hospital next month?

I really hope not! It'd be unfair on Gillian Wright to kill off her character just because Lacey's back for an indefinite amount of time. Considering Lacey's had a good few months off since her return and has been successful elsewhere, they can't think she'll stick around for a really long time. When Gillian left last year she said she had asked for the door to be left open for her, which it was, so I'm really hoping they're not going to go back on that.

Maybe Jean could fake her own death? That'd be interesting.
  • Options
    Sez_babeSez_babe Posts: 133,998
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Will Dean still be looking for an assistant when Stacey shows up?
  • Options
    JustArunJustArun Posts: 8,941
    Forum Member
    By far my favourite character to ever grace the show, so I'm glad she's back.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Throw the key away.

Bury it deep, where it can't be found
    Bury it deep ..... in hallowed ground.
  • Options
    Sorcha_27Sorcha_27 Posts: 138,852
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Throw the key away.

Bury it deep, where it can't be found
    Bury it deep ..... in hallowed ground.

I like stacey but wonderful use of imagery there Mo. Interesting theme too.
    Quite gothic in style I would say