Options

Ben Haenow Proposal - is this a new tactic?

rbdcayrbdcay Posts: 12,041
Forum Member
✭✭
http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/showbiz/s103/the-x-factor/news/a615476/the-x-factors-ben-haenow-planning-to-propose-to-girlfriend-soon.html#~oYeMH3UkeEjV4g

The above article on DS got me thinking. I thought I'd delve into a little conspiracy theorizing (as it is a thriving force on this board) and I was wondering if this proposal might happen in the final to boost Ben's standing. i mean Simon seems to have put his eggs all in Fleur's basket (so to speak), so I wonder if he needs to show Ben some attention and this might it.

Two thoughts on this...is Ben the type of person to be led by this manipulation for votes and if it is a possible tactic will he actually go through with it? Second would Simon really entertain this as an idea to either get rid of Andrea or diminish his voting. Or is this just one those stories planted to gain momentum for Ben in the publicity blitz for the finalist. To be honest Ben hasn't really had much of a story other than his family in his VTs so this would make sense in the grand scheme of his "journey".

Or am I completely bonkers? (Probably this.)

Comments

• Options
    hannahhannah Posts: 13,941
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Ben isnt the type of person that would do it on live tv it will happen after the show
  • Options
    Eva_Coco_MayEva_Coco_May Posts: 3,757
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It may scupper his appeal with the ladieez to
  • Options
    jerefprdterrajerefprdterra Posts: 30,340
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I guess he has to try all he can to get some extra votes.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    hannah wrote: »
    Ben isnt the type of person that would do it on live tv it will happen after the show

That was my thinking but then again we know contestants who have used their dead partners etc to get farther in the competition, and the whole my mother works and she needs a new house is pretty much good evidence that he might use just the sort of tactic - it makes him seem genuine and won't tarnish his nice guy image.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 963
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I think it might be a bit cringeworthy if this happens tbh. Won't most people react to this the same way they react to the sob stories, in a negative way?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I think it might be a bit cringeworthy if this happens tbh. Won't most people react to this the same way they react to the sob stories, in a negative way?

Well now that would make Andrea get to the final 2 so I am all for it.
  • Options
    MasterjonboiMasterjonboi Posts: 1,122
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think it might be quite cringe. I dont think he should do it as people might not want to vote for him.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 426
    Forum Member
    hannah wrote: »

know him well, do you?
  • Options
    hannahhannah Posts: 13,941
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Malkay wrote: »
    know him well, do you?

No I dont but I get impression that he wouldnt do that
  • Options
    xTonixxTonix Posts: 56,273
    Forum Member
    When he wins tomorrow night I think he will then, his girlfriend is fit though.
  • Options
    Born lippyBorn lippy Posts: 2,839
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    He can kneel before me any day of the week ;-)