Options

Honda - The Power of Dreams

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,317
Forum Member
✭✭✭
Having watched Honda's new "The Power of Dreams" ad earlier tonight, I am still buzzing with excitement in a way I haven't done since Sony's equally magnificent "Double Life" Playstation ad came out almost 10 years ago, and I am desperate to record it, but unfortunately constant zapping through channels all night didn't yield a repeat performance. Does anyone know which channels the two minute version airs on regularly, or even better, in which timeslots? I would prefer to get it from one of the Sky movie channels, as their ad breaks are easier to catch. I desperately want to record it before it's replaced by a 30-second version.

Comments

• Options
    colbocolbo Posts: 469
    Forum Member
    While you're waiting for it to come on tv, you can watch it here:

http://www.honda.co.uk/
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,882
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    one of thier better ones - enjoyed this.

do you remember the mousetrap version using car parts - I got that from them on DVD - about the only junk mail I've ever kept
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    colbo wrote:
    While you're waiting for it to come on tv, you can watch it here:

http://www.honda.co.uk/
    Thanks, I tried that site immediately hoping to find more info, but the online trailer is disgraceful quality.

SteveW2 wrote:
    one of thier better ones - enjoyed this.

do you remember the mousetrap version using car parts - I got that from them on DVD - about the only junk mail I've ever kept
    DVDs??? They do DVDs??? How would I go about getting one of those? I'll buy a Honda if I have to. :)
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 114
    Forum Member
    Don't get too excited.

I have the DVD of "COG" and it is awful quality.
    It is letterboxed, and very fuzzy.

I wish I'd grabbed it in full widescreen from Freeview....
  • Options
    Claires_dadClaires_dad Posts: 5,101
    Forum Member
    mccg wrote:
    Don't get too excited.

I have the DVD of "COG" and it is awful quality.
    It is letterboxed, and very fuzzy.

I wish I'd grabbed it in full widescreen from Freeview....

Although it's only in a small window you can watch the "cog" Honda ad here!
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 7,425
    Forum Member
    It's epic, yes. But I wouldn't say it was their best ad. It's a bit too subtle really.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    imno12u wrote:
    It's epic, yes. But I wouldn't say it was their best ad. It's a bit too subtle really.
    Too subtle in the sense that you didn't get it was a Honda ad, or that it didn't make you rush out and buy a Honda?
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 7,425
    Forum Member
    Too subtle in the sense that you didn't get it was a Honda ad, or that it didn't make you rush out and buy a Honda?
    If it was trying to amaze it didn't seem like it was trying hard enough. Some people will have no idea that any of the vehicles/vessels shown are in any way connected.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    imno12u wrote:
    If it was trying to amaze it didn't seem like it was trying hard enough. Some people will have no idea that any of the vehicles/vessels shown are in any way connected.
    But that's the beauty of it. Just like the "Double Life" ad I mentioned, you'll get it at the end if you hadn't already figured it out along the way. It's not a great mystery, nor it is trying to push a particular product, just a brand/identity. And those who don't get the clue from the giant balloon with Honda written on it are probably too young to drive or be the intended target for the ad anyway.

Maybe it's subtle, but in a good way. They could have taken the Iceland approach and had Kerry Whatshername scream "BUY HONDA!!!" for two minutes straight. I think they made the right choice... Honda, not Iceland.
  • Options
    Adam14Adam14 Posts: 2,607
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    LOVE this ad! What is the song? Who sings it? It's a great song!
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 632
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Adam14 wrote:
    LOVE this ad! What is the song? Who sings it? It's a great song!

As suggested by the title of the ad, the song is called

'The Impossible Dream (The Quest)'
    and is sung by Andy Williams
    on the Album 'The Very Best Of'
    available on the Sony Music TV label
    catalog # SONYTV78CD (Sony Music Corporation)

Clyderider